What Goes with Chili? 40 Sides to Serve with Your Favorite Cozy Dish
Chili season is in full force (have you tried our turkey chili with avocado?), but no dinner is complete without a few tasty sides (hint, corn bread) to balance things out. So what goes with Chili? Transform a simple pot of chili into total dinner nirvana with these 40 side dishes.
1. Buttermilk Skillet Cornbread with Tomatoes and Scallions
It’s a little bit fancy, but still just as tasty.
2. Jalapeno-Goat Cheese Grilled Stuffed Mini Peppers
Only three ingredients to deliciousness.
3. Macaroni and Cheese in Acorn Squash Bowls
We’re not drooling, you’re drooling.
4. Chilaquiles with Poached Eggs and Spicy Honey
A drizzle of spicy honey cuts the richness of the eggs and fried tortillas for a beautifully balanced dish.
5. Savory Monkey Bread
The taste is infinitely adaptable (mozzarella today, Swiss tomorrow).
6. Brussels Sprouts Three Ways
Our favorite cold-weather veggie strikes again.
8. Gluten-Free Cheese and Cauliflower ‘Breadsticks’
Cauliflower is a regular guest star in our kitchen and it’ll forever hold a special place in our heart.
9. Shrimp, Roasted Corn and Avocado Salad
We’re in the mood for some Tex-Mex tonight. Don't skimp on the avocado.
10. Poblano and Mushroom Tacos with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
They’re colorful, bursting with flavor, vegetarian and, best of all, ready in 30 minutes.
11. Mediterranean Style Grilled Zucchini Salad
Throwing your vegetables on the grill to get them nice and charred is totally worth it.
12. Baked Gorgonzola Bites
All you need is five ingredients to make this melty, cheesy, pull-apart recipe.
13. Smoky Barbecued Corn
Let’s keep grilling season going all year round.
14. Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
No, there will not be leftovers for breakfast.
15. Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Chopped Salad
There’s a reason this classic is still popular.
16. Garlicky Cauliflower 'Rice'
It’s the brainchild of Chrissy Teigen, so you know it’s fabulous.
17. Tater Tot Nachos
Add your favorite salsa, sour cream, green onions and cilantro and you’ve got yourself an epic side dish.
18. Kale Salad with Persimmons, Crispy Chickpeas and Fried Shallots
Look up “hearty” in the dictionary and you’ll find a photo of this amazing salad.
19. Cheesy Vegan Roasted Broccoli with Smashed Root Vegetables
Cool if we have seconds?
20. Cheesy Roasted Mushroom Melts
It’s like grilled cheese times 100.
21. Cheese and Bacon Baked Potatoes
There’s extra surface area for more toppings. Brilliant.
22. Mango Guacamole
Sweet and spicy, just the way we like it.
23. Creamy Fall Root Vegetable Gratin
Put that farmers market haul to good use.
25. Zucchini ‘Fries'
We don’t miss potatoes. (Can you believe we said that?)
26. Cheesy Polenta Bites with Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta
27. Passover Pull Apart Garlic Rolls
Where have these been all our life?
28. Baked Mac-and-Cheese Bites
A total crowd-pleaser.
29. Small Batch Black Pepper Parmesan Chive Biscuit Recipe
You: 1. Bakery: 0.
33. ‘Everything Bagel' Cauliflower Rolls
Yeah, we’re eating three.
34. White Sangria Recipe with Peaches and Berries
Bonus: This concoction is totally white-jeans-friendly.
35. Slow-Cooker Pork Carnitas
Use a slow-cooker to make the carnitas. We can’t recommend it highly enough.
36. Prosciutto and Fig Salad Board
Serve this salad on a big cutting board so that you can see (and access) all the gorgeous toppings.
37. Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad
This one takes only 35 minutes, and is oh-so impressive.
38. Easy Zucchini Bread
All you need is one bowl to mix the ingredients and a little patience as the loaf bakes.
39. Warm Brussels Sprouts and Pear Salad
Buy your sprouts pre-shredded (and thank us later).