OK, these rolls don’t taste exactly like white bread (if they did, they’d be pretty boring). Riced, baked cauliflower breaks just like bread and has the same tender crumb, but doesn’t weigh you down because it’s super low-carb and gluten-free. Thanks, Lexi's Clean Kitchen, for the recipe inspiration.
1 medium head cauliflower, riced (4 cups)
⅓ cup almond flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
3 large eggs, lightly whisked
3 tablespoons “everything bagel” spice
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray the paper lightly with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower rice with the almond flour, garlic powder and salt. Mix in the whisked eggs to combine.
3. Divide the mixture into 8 even pieces and roll into balls. Transfer the balls to the prepared baking sheet and top each with 1 heaping teaspoon of “everything bagel” spice.
4. Bake until the rolls are golden brown around the edges and dry to the touch, 35 to 40 minutes.
5. Let the rolls cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then carefully transfer to a rack to cool completely.