- This week, Kate Middleton and Prince William embarked on their royal tour of the Caribbean. When they arrived in Belize, the duchess changed up her signature hairstyle and opted for a half-up, half-down ’do.
- During their trip, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited the village of Hopkins in Belize. In an IG clip, the couple can be seen learning how to “punta,” which is a cultural dance.
- In that same video, Middleton used her go-to parenting move (bending down to eye-level) while chatting with a group of children.
Royal News Roundup: Prince William and Kate Middleton Embark on Caribbean Tour, Meghan Markle Launches a New Podcast and More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of March 24, 2022
SAMIR HUSSEIN/GETTY IMAGES
- To commemorate their final night in Belize, Prince William and Middleton attended a special reception at the Mayan ruins of Cahal Pech. While there, Middleton turned heads in a pink glitter The Vampire’s Wife dress that goes for roughly $3,300.
- After Belize, the royal couple headed to Jamaica. During a dinner event at King’s House, the duchess wore a gorgeous emerald gown by Jenny Packham—complete with accessories that she borrowed from Queen Elizabeth.
- In Jamaica, Middleton also almost had a big wardrobe malfunction (think Marilyn Monroe in The Seven Year Itch). Due to the severe wind, the duchess’s dress was blown in all kinds of directions, but the royal managed to hold her skirt down with poise.
- The same mishap happened to Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, during a recent trip to New York. But luckily, the royal had her hand at the ready.
- Back in England, Sarah “Fergie” Ferguson celebrated Princess Eugenie’s 32nd birthday by sharing a never-before-seen childhood photo featuring Eugenie riding a horse.
- The royal family announced that Middleton’s birthday portraits are now publicly displayed in the Coming Home exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery.
- Meghan Markle confirmed that she’s launching her first podcast on Spotify, which will debut this summer. A few days later, the Duchess of Sussex announced the podcast’s name: Archetypes.
- Last week, Prince Harry was spotted at an Italian hotspot in West Hollywood called Cecconi’s with a group of friends. A source for Hello! magazine described the royal as “very chill” and “polite” to the staff.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.