12 Times Kate Middleton Was Low-Key a Professional Photographer
Since becoming the Duchess of Cambridge in 2011, Kate Middleton has evolved into a fashion icon, charitable advocate and all-around badass. But did you know that once upon a time Kate was a photography student at University of St. Andrews (where she met William)?
Now, the duchess melds her natural talent with her royal status and moonlights as the go-to portrait photographer to her family. This includes documenting milestone events, like when she celebrated Prince Louis’s 2nd birthday with an (un)official photoshoot. Here, 12 of her greatest snaps.
2. And Gave Charlotte (and her Teddy) a Good Giggle
The duchess knocked it out of the park palace when she snapped this candid of six-month-old baby Char.
3. When She Captured George’s First ‘Mom, You’re Embarrassing Me’ Moment
George wasn’t exactly pleased when his mom snapped this first-day-of-nursery-school photo. We feel your pain, dude.
4. And Coaxed Out Charlotte’s Best Blue Steel
Little Char brought her Zoolander A-game to her first birthday photoshoot and slayed.
5. WHEN SHE FÊTED CHARLOTTE’S 2ND BIRTHDAY WITH A PHOTO
Kate captured Charlotte’s Gan-Gan Queen Elizabeth look-alike vibes on her second birthday.
6. And Made Her First Day of School Look Like a Breeze
With Kate’s artistic direction, the princess looked more than ready to rule nursery school.
7. When She Snapped a Pic of Prince Louis Looking Pensive
Maybe Kate should’ve titled this one: “The Thinker.”
9. When she celebrated Princess Charlotte’s birthday (again)
Does that dress come in adult sizes? Asking for a friend…
10. And proved Charlotte is a true adventurist
Stop to smell the flowers? Check.
11. When she photographed George mid-laugh
Ahead of George’s birthday last year, Middleton debuted a candid birthday portrait. (Because why not?)
12. And finally, when she documented Prince Louis’s artistic side
Rainbow art projects FTW.