31 On-the-Go Breakfast Ideas for Crazy Mornings
Whoever said mornings are the most peaceful time of day was never caught one foot out the door and one hand frantically applying deodorant…or shoving a kid in the minivan…or downing one last cup of coffee while thinking I really should’ve eaten breakfast. What was that about breakfast? Maybe it was that you’re about to make one of these 31 on-the-go breakfast ideas that we’ve found for you. Anything else we can solve?
1. Overnight Oats with Peanut Butter and Banana (Prep: 5 min)
Who said oatmeal wasn’t portable? If you make it in a mason jar the night before, you can grab it from the fridge and head out the door in record time.
2. Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Muffins (10 min)
Egg sandwiches are great. So are muffins. Why not put the two together and call it a (delicious) day?
3. Waffle Breakfast Sandwich with Chorizo (15 min)
Wrap it in parchment and your hands won’t even get messy.
4. English Muffins (2.5 hr)
Sure, you could buy them at the store. Or you could make your own and pat yourself on the back. Psst: They freeze beautifully, too.
5. Blueberry-Ginger Smoothie (15 min)
Smoothies are a quick and easy classic for a reason. All you need is a blender and a straw.
6. Bacon-Wrapped Eggs (45 min)
All breakfasts should include bacon, even when they’re eaten mid-commute.
7. Breakfast Hand Pies (2 hr)
Yep, we made homemade Pop-Tarts. You’re welcome.
8. Juicy Green Pineapple Smoothie with Mint, Basil and Spirulina (15 min)
If you really want to start your day on the right foot, you can whip up this nutritious green drink.
9. Vegan Spiced Blueberry Breakfast Cake (1 hr 10 min)
Sweet but not cloying, moist, tender and packed with fruit? We’ll take two slices, please.
10. Green Smoothie with Avocado and Apple (15 min)
The avocado makes it extra creamy, and the apple adds just enough sweetness. You wouldn’t even know there’s, like, three cups of spinach in there.
11. Breakfast Sliders (1 hr)
We owe a lot to the inventor of the breakfast sandwich.
12. Charcoal Banana Bread (1 hr 20 min)
Looking for a way to use up the brown bananas on your countertop? Look no further.
13. Gwyneth Paltrow’s Blueberry Cauliflower Smoothie (5 min)
Of course Gwyneth Paltrow is full of healthy breakfast ideas that happen to taste delicious. We never thought we’d enjoy a cauliflower smoothie, but here we are.
14. Swedish Cinnamon Rolls (2 hr)
Some days require dessert for breakfast. But since there’s no frosting (read: no evidence left on our fingers), no one has to know.
15. No-Bake Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookie for One (35 min)
No oven, no gluten and no sharing required.
16. Paleo Almond Butter Granola Bars (25 min)
If small but mighty were a breakfast food, this would be it. There’s a whopping 19 grams of protein per serving.
18. Freezer Breakfast Burritos (45 min)
Assemble and freeze on a not-so-busy night. When you accidentally hit snooze (twice), you can thaw and go.
19. Overnight Oats with Blueberries and Almonds (Prep: 5 min)
Filling and easy is hard to come by. These overnight oats check both boxes.
20. Chia Pudding Three Ways (Prep: 10 min)
If you happen to need a break from oats, chia seeds are just as convenient, not to mention really good for you.
21. Crunchy Baked Granola Bars (50 min)
What’s more satisfying than a crispy, crunchy granola bar? One dipped in dark chocolate is what.
22. Healthy Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Avocado Breakfast Burritos (25 min)
Which would you rather? A bowl of dry, sugary cereal…or creamy, dreamy sweet potatoes?
23. Petite Vegetable Frittatas (15 min)
A muffin tin is the genius secret behind these adorable egg cups. Fill them with whatever veggies your heart desires.
24. Everything Bagel Tomato Galettes (45 min)
These guys can go straight from the oven into our mouths.
25. Overnight Oats with Coconut and Ginger (Prep: 5 min)
We didn’t think you could fit this many flavors in one jar.
26. Matcha Breakfast Brûlée (20 min)
Sounds totally indulgent, right? It’s actually just Greek yogurt with a crackly sugar topping…but the secret’s safe with us.
27. Pesto Roasted Veggie Breakfast Burritos (45 min)
These babies—courtesy of Coterie member Jesse Reilly—are meant for breakfast. But they’re so tasty we’d eat them any time of day.
28. Overnight Oats with Chocolate and Strawberry (Prep: 5 min)
We’ll take any excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast.
30. Raspberry Oat Breakfast Bars (45 min)
They’re made with oat flour and sweetened with maple syrup, so they’re healthy, right?
31. Overnight Oats with Apple and Cinnamon (Prep: 5 min)
This combination will never get old.