37 Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts for Every Kind of Mom
We can’t even tell you what day of the week it is, never mind what month it is. So, it’s a huge feat that we haven’t missed Mother’s Day completely. Lucky for us (and all the rockstar moms in our lives), we figured things out just in the nick of time. Ahem, Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 9. Here are 37 thoughtful gifts that can be shipped directly to her doorstep or sent via email to ensure a last-minute, yet definitely on-time delivery.
1. For the Mom Who Can’t Stop Watching ‘Fixer Upper’ Reruns: Havenly Interior Design Consultation
She’s spending so much time at home these days that she can’t stop thinking of home improvement projects (same!). Gift her a one-on-one consultation with an interior designer, from the comfort of her own home, so she can turn her Fixer Upper obsession into reality. Choose from either a Havenly Mini ($79), which will let her refresh any room or the Havenly Full ($129), which will allow her to completely redesign an entire room.
2. For the Mom Who Loves to Cook: 'Only the Good Stuff'
Your mom's already got a great arsenal of go-to meals, but if she's looking to mix things up, we've got just the thing: our very first cookbook! In honor of our tenth anniversary, we compiled our top recipes from the past decade, focusing on easy-yet-elegant breakfasts, mains, sides, apps and desserts. They may look fancy, but nothing's too fussy. And, if you order it by Sunday, May 2 at midnight, you'll get it in time for Mother's Day.
3. For the Mom Who Appreciates Flowers: The Bouqs Co. Flower Delivery
There’s just no denying the beauty of a classic Mother’s Day standby. The Bouqs Co. offers gorgeous blooms (like this flower assortment with plantable succulents) for one-time delivery as well as a monthly flower subscription, since, TBH, every day is Mother’s Day in her world.
4. For the Mom Who Loves to Learn: Masterclass All-Access Subscription
With virtual classes that include cooking with Gordon Ramsey, photo sessions by Annie Leibovitz and even tennis lessons with world champion, Serena Williams, there’s truly a Master Class for every mom out there. And since we’re stuck at home, there’s no better time to learn a new skill. Each class includes on-demand videos that can be viewed at her own pace, plus a class workbook with optional assignments and an online student community. Choose to send an electronic gift card immediately via email, or on a specific date (reminder: it’s May 9).
5. For the Mom Who Likes Surprises: FabFitFun Subscription
Four times per year, a FabFitFun box will get sent directly to her doorstep, with wellness, beauty and lifestyle products centered around a seasonal theme. Each shipment contains over $200 worth of products she’ll actually use (think packing cubes, face masks, slippers and more) for just $45.
6. For the Mom Who Never Tires of Rosé: Summer Water Societé Subscription
Winc’s annual summer rosé subscription is back for another season, which means you should give mom the gift of all the rosé she can drink from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Every month, she’ll get a shipment of the brand’s signature Summer Water range (from rosé to bubbles to a chillable red). Here’s to hoping you can enjoy a glass or two with her this summer, even if it’s via FaceTime.
7. For the Mom with 75 Coffee Mugs: Blue Bottle Coffee Subscription
Choose the type of coffee, the delivery schedule and the number of shipments. Because while she definitely misses you, she really misses her morning coffee run.
8. For the Mom Who Shares Your Netflix Account: Disney+ Gift Subscription
Give her a year of Disney+ and she’ll have endless TV for the grandkids to watch when she babysits. And yes, it’s totally fine to ask her to share the login, so the whole family can watch movies “together” from afar.
9. For the Mom Who Needs Some R&R: OUAI Chill Pills Bath Fizzies
Stressful times call for stress-relieving measures and that’s exactly what these moisturizing bath fizzies deliver. Infused with jojoba, safflower and hemp seed oils, plus a light scent of jasmine and rose, they’ll leave her skin feeling soft and send her anxiety packing.
10. For the Mom Who Never Says No to Dessert: Mike's Famous Cannoli Kit
This famous Boston-based pastry shop typically has a line down the block and for good reason: its cannoli are to die for. Deliver everything mom needs to assemble her own treats (just be sure to select expedited shipping at checkout). The kit includes enough supplies to make ten of Mike’s Pastry’s cannoli. And you can choose from plain or chocolate ricotta filling and then let her customize with toppings including confectioners’ sugar, pistachios and chocolate chips.
11. For the Mom Who Takes Facials Seriously: Pulse+GLO by Georgia Louise Hollywood EGF Micro-Needling + Ion Infusion Kit
Back in the good old days, she had a standing facial appointment once a month. But after she uses this two-step microneedling device, she might never go back to her monthly habit. The at-home treatment addresses every major skincare concern: fine lines, enlarged pores, pigmentation, dryness, dullness and uneven skin tone, by creating tiny channels in the skin that boost collagen production and allow the serum to penetrate deeper.
12. For the Mom Who Should Be on Vacation: Madewell Transport Woven Tote
She had to cancel her big trip to the U.S. Virgin Islands, but she’s most definitely rebooking when it’s safe to do so. And she’s going to need a new beach bag when that day comes. This chic woven tote will fit all the essentials—she might even start using it for weekend errands too.
13. For the Mom Who’s Been Using Cans of Beans to Work Out: Bala Bangles Set
Desperate times, right? While two cans of beans (or two bottles of wine) are more than acceptable forms of workout equipment these days, this cult-favorite fitness brand has real exercise equipment that can be at her doorstep in two days. The kit comes with five resistance bands and a set of 1 lb. wrist/ankle weights, or you can splurge for set of 3 lb. bars and matching power ring to really treat her.
14. For the Mom In a Constant Thermostat Battle with Your Dad: Birkenstock Boston Clog
The thermostat struggle has never been more real with the two of them home 24/7. But with these cozy slippers at the ready, she’ll be comfortable no matter who wins.
15. For the Mom Who’s Never Not Burning a Candle: Maison Louis Marie Le Bouquet Candle Gift Set
Going on month two at home, there’s no doubt she’s burned through a candle or two. This set comes with three popular fragrances, so she’ll be stocked up for the next few weeks (at least).
16. For the Mom Who’s Constantly Reminding You to Use a Coaster: Shopbop @Home Set of 4 Agate Coasters
May the chance of leaving rings on the coffee table be forever eliminated with this gorgeous set of attention-grabbing coasters.
17. For the Mom Who Wants New Clothes, But Doesn’t Know Where to Start: Stitch Fix Gift Card
By now, everyone is sick of wearing the same three outfits on repeat, but what else is there to wear? Turns out, Stitch Fix can help. An instant digital gift card will get her access to a personal stylist who can help her discover her best wardrobe ever, from the comfort of her own home.
18. For the Mom Who Loves Posting on Instagram: Chatbooks Monthly Photo Book Subscription
Photobooks are lovely but making them can be tedious. That’s why Chatbooks created a subscription that sends a personalized mini photo book each month, based on the pics in her camera roll. All she has to do is take two quick minutes to open the app and select which photos she wants to feature. She’ll enjoy having actual copies of all her best photos to show guests the second quarantine lifts.
19. For the Mom Who Always Has a Fresh Manicure: Sundays Nail Studio At-Home Mani Class
So, you can’t go out for your annual mother-daughter manicure this Mother’s Day, but you can take a virtual class with beloved non-toxic NYC studio, Sundays. For just $15, she’ll get access to a mani class, gel removal class or nail art class via a private, one-on-one Zoom call. Ah, the power of technology.
20. For the Mom Who Takes Her Pour Over Very Seriously: Fellow Stagg Pour-Over Kettle
This gorgeous kettle is engineered to make pouring hot water over mom’s coffee as easy as can be. The majority of the weight is in the handle, meaning less stress on her wrist, plus the top features a thermometer so she can be sure the water is exactly the right temperature for her grounds.
22. For the Mom Who Adores Modern Art: MoMA Perpetual Calendar
This artsy calendar is way more interesting (and chic) than a paper Word of the Day version.
23. For the Mom Who’s Handy with a Drill: BinyaTools Magnetic Wristband
This magnetic wristband can hold nails, screws, drill bits and any other little pieces that might be prone to falling and disappearing under the dresser. It will even prop up her phone so she can follow along with a tutorial while still using both hands.
24. For the Mom Who’s Not So Handy: Amazon Home Services
For the moms who’d rather not involve themselves in mounting a big-screen TV or assembling an outdoor grill, Amazon is here to do the work for them. The retail giant lets you book furniture and outdoor equipment assembly or home theater set-ups through its website.
25. For the Mom in Need of Some R&R: Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager
This funny-looking back and neck massager is much easier to use than those handheld sticks that require reaching back. It's also a fabulous way for her to supplement those trips to the masseuse.
26. For the Mom Who Adored ‘The Queen’s Gambit’: MoMA 2-In-1 Chess & Checkers Set
Or perhaps she’s always been a fan of chess. Either way, this adorable set will look beautfull sitting out on the coffee table, bookshelf or her desk in the study.
27. For the Mom to Be: HATCH Hatch-To-Hospital Box
Make her hospital stay and the trip back home a little more comfortable with this four-piece set that includes a decadently soft robe, nightshirt, socks and full-coverage undies.
28. For the Mom Looking to Reconnect with Nature: Getaway Gift Card
is a vacation rental service similar to Airbnb, but it focuses on cabins, lodges and even campers far from the center of town. Mom will be able to properly relax, unwind and disconnect from the business of city life.
29. For the Mom Rediscovering Records: Vinyl Record Club
Take it back to the good old days of vinyl records with this monthly subscription service that will deliver six retro albums each month right to her door. And don’t worry, you can choose which genre of music to pull from so she doesn’t wind up with something she won’t actually enjoy.
30. For the Mom Who Loves Clean Beauty: MARA Algae + Moringa Universal Face Oil
This luxurious face oil is vegan, contains no added color, is un-scented and is free of gluten, soy, phthalates, PEGs or parabens and is cruelty-free. Plus it’ll look gorgeous sitting on her bathroom counter.
31. For the Mom Who’s Proud of her Garden: ONIVA Gardener 5-Piece Garden Tool Set
This handy little gardening seat also comes with a removable tote that has slots for five tools, like a trowel, rake or cultivator.
32. For the Mom Who Considers Camilla Parker Bowles a Style Icon: Tory Burch Embroidered Caftan
Parker Bowles is often spotted wearing gorgeous caftans (the kind you can wear out to dinner, rather than the see-through varieties better suited for beach trips), and you know your mama would love one of her very own.
33. For the Mom Who Wants to Make Her Beauty Routine More Eco-Friendly: APTO Skincare Reusable Cotton Round Pads
APTO Skincare’s reusable cotton rounds can be tossed in with her regular wash and come in a chic bamboo box that will look lovely on her bathroom sink.
34. For the Mom Looking to Green-Up Her Home: The Sill Monthly Plant Box
This hip New York City plant shop makes gifting easy by offering subscription boxes that deliver one potted plant per month in a stylish earthenware planter. When she signs up, Mom can pick the color pot and what kinds of plants she wants to receive based on her green thumb aptitude: low light, beginner-friendly, medium size or pet-friendly.
35. For the Mom Whose Phone Battery Is Always at 15%: Ekrist Portable Charger Power Bank
We suggest you buy a few so she can have one to stick in the car, one for her purse and one extra for safe keeping. You know, just in case.
36. For the Mom Who Has a Permanently Cracked Screen: OtterBox SYMMETRY SERIES Case
After consistently forgetting to charge them, constantly dropping our phones is yet another cardinal iPhone sin. This heavy-duty case is still sleek and slim enough to fit well in her hand and comes in a slew of pretty, yet grown-up hues.