43 Best Gifts for Grandpa That He'll Actually Love (and Use)
He’s the best babysitter in the world, the one with all the jokes and the best advice: Yes, we're talking about grandpa (or gramps, granddad, poppy, etc.). So we were thinking, why not show your appreciation for him by choosing a gift he's really going to love this Father's Day, birthday or no reason at all? Is he a cook? Buy him the appliance all the food blogs are talking about. Is he into exercising? This lotion will soothe his aching muscles. Or maybe he likes the History channel, in which case this look back at world history will blow his mind. We could go on and on, but we won't hold you up. Here are the 43 best gifts for grandpa.
The Best Gifts for Grandpas At a Glance
- For the Beer Drinker: NewAir Beverage Refrigerator
- For the Lounger: Parachute Home Cotton Robe
- For the Sporty Cool Grandpa: Apple Watch SE
- For the Morning Walker: On Running Cloud 5 Sneaker
- For the Active Guy: Lord Jones High CBD Body Lotion
- For the Outdoorsy Grandpa: YETI Hopper Flip 12 Soft Cooler
- For the Home Cook: Cuisinart Air Fryer
- For the Hiker: Teva Hudson Sandal
- For the Forgetful: Tile Pro Two-Pack Bluetooth Item Locator
- For the Green Thumb: AeroGarden Harvest 360 Garden System
- For the Tech Challenged: Facebook 10-Inch Portal with Alexa
- For the Evening Walk Taker: Coach Track Belt Bag
- For the Wine Lover: Winc One-Month Wine Subscription
- For the Guy Who Loves Baked Goods: Milk Bar the Little Somethings Set
- For Professor Types: Scrabble Deluxe Giant Edition
- For the Massage Lover: Resteck Massager for Neck and Back with Heat
- For the Endlessly Curious Fellow: Masterclass
- For the Vinyl Collector: Crosley Radio Voyager Turntable
- For the Coffee Drinker: Atlas Coffee Club Subscription
- For the Adventurous Eater: Burlap & Barrel Spice Collection
- For the Bearded Grandpa: Jack Black Beard Grooming Kit
- For the Guy Who Deserves Cashmere: Naadam Cashmere Sweater
- For the Policy Nerd: Extra Life: A Short History of Living Longer by Steven Johnson
- For the Birder: Gosky Monocular Telescope
- For the Grill Lover: Weber Kettle Charcoal Grill
- For the Sports Fan: Loving Sports When They Don’t Love You Back by Jessica Luther and Kavitha Davidson
- For the Travel Lover: VRBO Getaway
- For the Dog Owner: BigCartFamily Custom Pet Portrait
- For the Birthday Forgetter: Snapfish Wall Calendar
- For the Book Lover: Audible Membership
- For the Guy With a Tiny Kitchen: Our Place Always Pan
- For the Sharp-Witted: Quickwits
- For the Home Barista: OVENTE Electric Milk Frother and Steamer
- Best for the Binge Watcher: Samsung 65" The Frame Smart TV
- For the History Buff: The Dawn of Everything: A New History of Humanity by David Graeber and David Wengrow
- For the Guy With Chilly Toes: Minnetonka Suede Moccasin
- For the Guy Who Avoids Grocery Shopping: Sun Basket Meal Delivery
- For the Grandad With Little Grandkids: How to Babysit a Grandpa
- For the Extremely Lactose Tolerant: Murray’s Cheese Greatest Hits
- For the Life of the Party: Nambe Vie Flask
- For the Light Sleeper: Sleep Number True Temp Sheet Set
- For the Sentimental Grandpa: ‘What I Love About Grandpa’ Journal by Jean Reagan
- For the Tech Savvy: Microsoft Surface Headphones 2
If your grandpa goes from the bed to the kitchen and sofa, then he'll appreciate this robe. It's made of 100 percent Turkish cotton, so it's incredibly cozy, and it has two front pockets for him to put his glasses (because he's constantly losing them) and his phone.
Available in sizes X-Small to 3X
This one’s for the fit (or wannabe fit) grandpa on the block. And don't assume he won't be able to figure out how to use it—the Apple Watch is super grandparent-friendly and will allow him to quickly go from answering texts to tracking his heart rate to setting sleep goals.
Since pop pop never misses his morning walks at the crack of dawn, it makes sense to buy him these soft, lightweight sneakers. Buyers rave that they're comfy enough to wear all day, plus they're sleek and trendy. So really, you'll be taking his shoe game up a notch and giving him another reason to look forward to his walks.
If he spends all his time in the backyard, fishing, hiking or camping, he needs this YETI cooler in his life. He can use it to store his beers (up to 13, to be exact) and his lunches for hours, thanks to the cooler's incredible insulation.
He'll be able to let his feet breathe, as well as stay upright when he encounters a patch of mud or small stream, with these classic hiker's sandals. As for wearing socks with them...seriously, he's earned the right to whatever fashion statement he likes.
If your Nonno has the greenest thumb in the family, this indoor hydroponic garden will give him some seedlings to look after—without risking the backache that comes with outdoor pruning. Plus, he’ll love adding fresh basil to his famous tomato sauce.
Before your partner's father starts sipping, Winc will have him fill out a six-question quiz that will determine his palate profile. From the results, the experts at Winc recommend four vinos he’s sure to love. From there, he can make swaps or additions based on the assortment. Plus, new wines are added to the site daily, so he can try new pairings every month. And, better yet, he can rate his wines after he sips them, to get the most accurate recommendations. (FYI, here are 19 other wine subscriptions to check out.)
If he’s never had a treat from Milk Bar, now’s the time to introduce him to this NYC-famous bakery. This gift set features six assorted cookies, world-famous birthday truffles and chocolate birthday truffles for the perfect starter pack.
If the two of you used to spend hours competing against each other to see whose vocabulary was better, upgrade his board game setup with this 50 percent larger, ultra-fancy game, which features a large rotating board with a raised-letter grid, mahogany-finish tile racks and more.
His weekly massages are on pause for a little while longer, but this highly-rated neck and back massager will melt away tension and soothe sore muscles just the same. Plus, he doesn’t even have to make an appointment (or leave the couch).
For the grandpa who loves becoming an expert in everything and anything, there’s Masterclass. The star-studded lecture series has been offering a variety of courses taught by successful athletes, actors, scientists, mixologists and more since 2015. Each course is divided into 12 to 20 ten-minute long sessions and covers a variety of topics as the instructor moves through the lessons. Whether your pop wants to learn some acting skills from Natalie Portman or take a beginner cooking lesson from famous Chef Gordon Ramsay, the gift of a one-year membership means they can take unlimited classes.
Give him a good excuse to put his impressive record collection to use with this vintage-inspired record player. It’s compatible with 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM records, plus it features Bluetooth and radio capabilities for a touch of modern technology.
Has grandpa been hinting that he's interested in "experimenting" outside of his beloved Folgers? Help him discover roasts that he wouldn’t be able to find in stores with this monthly subscription service that sends gourmet blends from ethically sourced farms in Costa Rica, Kenya, Ethiopia and beyond.
Before he gets to the grill, your dad’s going to want to concoct a fancy rub for that steak. Treat him to a nine-piece set of these high-quality spices and watch him go wild. (Then throw away his 10-year-old meat seasoning while he’s not looking.)
Gift granddad with a cozy sweater he can wear on top of anything, or just keep in the car in case he's headed somewhere with the dreaded too-high air conditioning. With more than 300 five-star reviews, it’s clear that this $75 wardrobe staple is worth every penny.
In this fascinating book, author Steven Johnson explains why human life expectancy has doubled in the last 100 years—and the answers might surprise your gramps, who was probably taught in school that heroic discoveries and innovations by scientists were responsible for humanity's biggest advances. Not so, Johnson says: More mundane developments like sanitation, diet, vaccinations and even seat belts are what are keeping humans healthier longer.
If dear old gramps is still using the same grill he bought in 1988, give him the gift of an upgrade. This classic charcoal option has a large cooking surface for both direct and indirect heat, and a one-touch cleaning system for easy mess removal, post-feast.
26. Loving Sports When They Don’t Love You Back: Dilemmas of the Modern Fan by Jessica Luther and Kavitha DavidsonFor the Sports Fan
Rooting for a favorite team can be a blast. But what about when a football player takes a hit to the head after yet another study has warned of the dangers of CTE; or when a team whose mascot was born in an era of racism and bigotry takes the field; or when a relief pitcher accused of domestic violence saves the game? In this fascinating book, acclaimed sports writers Luther and Davidson explore how we might begin to reconcile our conscience with our fandom.
Set gramps up with an Audible membership so he can mix in an audiobook—like Malcom Gladwell’s Talking to Strangers or David Sedaris’s The Best of Me—every now and then. You have the option to gift a membership for one month, three months, six months or one year, and if he already has a membership, you can still send him credits to use for more book purchases.
This three-piece pan is designed to replace a traditional eight-piece cooking set for under $150. And while it won’t replace every cooking tool in their kitchen (PureWow’s food editor rotates between this handy non-stick and a cast iron skillet), it’s definitely a great present, if only for the sheer ease of use and storage, plus a simplified clean-up process.
He loves card games, but sometimes they can be hard to play with a group because there are just too many rules to keep track of. Enter this easy-to-understand and fast-paced game where all players have to do is shout out the first thing that comes to mind in each given category. Here’s how it works: Three or more players take turns drawing cards and flipping them over. When two cards match, players have to shout out an example of someone or something in that particular category (like “rhymes with booze”). No repeats allowed.
If he can’t stop talking about the daily cappuccinos he drank when he vacationed in Italy three years ago, he’d put a milk frother to good use. This at-home coffee tool works like a charm to whip dairy or non-dairy milks into frothy perfection.
He's always wanting to share the new Brit detective drama, classic TV series or sports tournament with you. Splurge on this cult-favorite television, which has high-res clarity and looks like a picture frame when he's not watching it.
This book reexamines the foundations of most world histories, which state that there's an evolutionary forward movement from remote ancestors as being either free and equal innocents, or warlike thugs. Here, an activist-anthropologist and an archaeologist re-position our forebears as intelligent political beings that experimented with shifting political systems and alliances, coming away with a hope for creative solutions to today's world crises.
From one of our favorite NYC cheese stores, Murray’s Cheese Greatest Hits sampler includes four fan favorites: Gruyère, Manchego, Brie, and Cheddar, plus a handful of crunchy bites and a sweet, spiced jam. Admit it, he’ll love crafting an expertly curated spread to share with the whole family.
Because you remember him teaching you, as a kid, to "be prepared," you're giving him a little something to do just that. Because camping, hiking and maybe even sports games are ahead, and he wants to be ready. (P.S. Use coupon code FRIEND to unlock the discount price.)
Does gramps complain about waking up in the middle of the night and not getting back to sleep due to overheating? Get him this specially blended cotton sheet set, with touches of polyester and spandex, that will regulate his sleeping temperature. And the fitted sheet has a stay-put strap to keep the sheets aligned.
With pages for your kids to glue in pictures and prompts like ‘If I had to describe you in one word, it’d be,’ this gift is sure to get him all choked up looking through it again and again.
Not only can you control the noise cancelling level on these new headphones, but you can also adjust the volume by simply twisting the earpiece. Plus, the over-ear portion acts as a track pad that allow you to pause, play, swipe to the next song or go back a song with specific touch commands. That’s not all: Grandpa can use his favorite Amazon Alexa commands to do all of the above.