The 3 Best Portable Cell Phone Chargers on Amazon
Ever been in an airplane that doesn’t have outlets? What about stranded after last call when all you need is 10 percent battery to order an Uber? We feel your pain. But if you invest in one of these charging ports, you’ll never have to search frantically for an outlet again. Here are three our team love.
Editors’ Pick: Jackery External Battery Charger Giant+
- 12,000mAh power capacity charges phone up to five times
- Fast-charging dual outputs for multiple device charging
- Built-in flashlight for emergencies
When you’re always on your phone or computer, you don’t want to be stuck without a charging station. One of PureWow’s podcast producers swears by this powerful charger for that reason. He says, “This external battery pack can charge your device several times over on a single charge. So if you’re traveling all day (or using your phone nonstop) and you’re not near an outlet, this juice pack is a lifesaver. I bring mine everywhere, just in case, and it’s saved me multiple times.”
Best Value: POWERADD Slim 2 5000mAh Ultra-compact Portable Power Bank
- Ultra compact design fits easily into any pocket or wallet
- Adds up to two charges to your phone
- Fully recharges in 3 to 4 hours
We don’t always carry a giant bag, so we truly appreciate this ultra-compact design for its ability to fit securely in our pocket or handbag. It’s about the size of a tube of lipstick, meaning it can stash securely in even the tiniest of going-out purses (hello, crossbodies and belt bags). Because you know those are the times when you need a charger most.
Splurge-Worthy: Anker PowerCore 20100 Ultra High Capacity Power Bank
- 20,100mAh power capacity charges phone up to seven times
- Detects cable resistance and adjusts current accordingly for a fast, steady charge
- Weighs just 12.5 oz. (as little as a can of soup)
When you’re really serious about keeping your battery above 50 percent, go with this high-capacity power bank. It can power an iPhone up to seven times over, which means you’ll be good to go on a week-long vacation, even if you forget your outlet charger. Plus, it weighs basically nothing, so bringing it along isn’t a burden. With over 14,000 positive reviews (and counting), this device is well worth the price. We might even buy two.