Royal News Roundup: Meghan Markle’s New Fashion Collection, the Cambridges Fly Commercial & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of August 22, 2019.
- Yesterday, Meghan Markle posted a sneak peek video of her new workwear capsule collection, in partnership with close pal Misha Nonoo, to the @SussexRoyal Instagram Stories. The video shows Markle surprising ladies from her patronage Smart Works, which helps women land jobs, as well as fitting clothing and clapping excitedly on set.
The Cambridges reportedly flew commercial to Scotland to visit Queen Elizabeth. According to The Daily Mail, Kate Middleton, Prince William, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis all flew a budget airline, Flybe, to Aberdeen, Scotland, to visit the queen’s summer home of Balmoral.
- Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip took a break from their Scottish summer holiday to bestow Paul Hughes, a former chief clerk and accountant of The Duke of Edinburgh’s household, the award of LVO, or Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order. This is an upgrade from his former status as Member of the Royal Victorian Order. The joint engagement of the queen and Philip, who retired from public duties in 2017, is very important to note, since the queen is on holiday and still took the time out from official royal events to bestow the award.
Where We'll See Them Next:
- Prince Harry will attend the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday, August 24.
- Kate Middleton and Prince William will embark on their royal tour of Pakistan sometime this fall.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will also take an official tour this fall. The Sussexes will travel to Africa, and they're bringing baby Archie along with them.