Here, all the celebs we think will walk away with an Emmy Award—including a few surprises.
Who Will Win a 2022 Emmy Award? Here, Our Official Predictions
Outstanding Comedy Series
- Nominees: Abbott Elementary, Barry, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Hacks, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Only Murders in the Building, Ted Lasso and What We Do in the Shadows
- Predicted Winner: Ted Lasso
Outstanding Limited Series
- Nominees: Dopesick, Inventing Anna, Pam & Tommy, The Dropout and The White Lotus
- Predicted Winner: The White Lotus
This one’s a tough choice. But if we had to choose, we’d root for HBO’s The White Lotus, followed by Dopesick in a close second place.
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series
- Nominees: Donald Glover (Atlanta), Bill Hader (Barry), Nicholas Hoult (The Great), Steve Martin (Only Murders in the Building), Martin Short (Only Murders in the Building) and Jason Sudeikis (Ted Lasso)
- Predicted Winner: Donald Glover (Atlanta)
Although Jason Sudeikis is the reigning champ, we predict that Donald Glover will dethrone the Ted Lasso star.
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series
- Nominees: Rachel Brosnahan (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel), Issa Rae (Insecure), Jean Smart (Hacks), Kaley Cuoco (The Flight Attendant), Quinta Brunson (Abbott Elementary) and Elle Fanning (The Great)
- Predicted Winner: Jean Smart (Hacks)
As much as we’d love to see Quinta Brunson take home a “W,” we fully expect Jean Smart to walk away with back-to-back victories. (She won the same category during last year’s ceremony.)
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series
- Nominees: Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul), Lee Jung-jae (Squid Game), Jason Bateman (Ozark), Brian Cox (Succession), Adam Scott (Severance) and Jeremy Strong (Succession)
- Predicted Winner: Adam Scott (Severance) /Jeremy Strong (Succession)
This one’s a toss-up between Adam Scott and Jeremy Strong, who both nailed their performances in AppleTV+’s Severance and Succession, respectively.
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series
- Nominees: Sandra Oh (Killing Eve), Jodie Comer (Killing Eve), Reese Witherspoon (The Morning Show), Melanie Lynskey (Yellowjackets), Laura Linney (Ozark) and Zendaya (Euphoria)
- Predicted Winner: Melanie Lynskey (Yellowjackets)
For Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series, we believe it will be awarded to Melanie Lynskey. (FYI, this is her first Emmys nomination.)
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Limited Series Or Movie
- Nominees: Oscar Isaac (Scenes from a Marriage), Michael Keaton (Dopesick), Andrew Garfield (Under the Banner of Heaven), Sebastian Stan (Pam & Tommy), Colin Firth (The Staircase) and Himesh Patel (Station Eleven)
- Predicted Winner: Michael Keaton (Dopesick)
Based on the public reaction, we’ll be the first to say that Michael Keaton deserves recognition for his starring role in Dopesick. Did we mention that he’s never won an Emmy?
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Limited Series Or Movie
- Nominees: Amanda Seyfried (The Dropout), Margaret Qualley (Maid), Toni Collette (The Staircase), Lily James (Pam & Tommy), Julia Garner (Inventing Anna) and Sarah Paulson (Impeachment: American Crime Story)
- Predicted Winner: Julia Garner (Inventing Anna)
While this is anyone’s category, our money is on Julia Garner, who provided a bone-chilling reenactment of Anna Sorokin (AKA Anna Delvey).
Want all the latest entertainment news sent right to your inbox? Click here.
Check out our new weekly podcast, Stream On, featuring reviews and debates about the best shows, movies and more!