Aldi Just Gave Us a Sneak Peek of 18 New Items Arriving in January
We’re feeling refreshed and ready for whatever 2020 brings, thanks to a plethora of healthy yet tasty treats from our neighborhood Aldi—think meat alternatives (sustainable!), grain-free cookies (gluten-free!) and of course plenty of cheese (because you’ve gotta live a little). Here’s what we’re buying at Aldi this month.
1. Simply Nature Organic Red Lentil Rotini or Black Bean Penne
With upwards of 21 grams of protein per serving, you can feel good about having these noodles for dinner on a lazy Monday night.
Aldi ($3.49); available January 1
2. Simply Nature Grain Free Cookie Bites (Assorted Varieties)
They’re small; treat yourself to a few handfuls.
Aldi ($2.99); available January 8
3. Earth Grown Meatless Ground Plant Protein
It looks like Aldi is hopping on the sustainable alt-meat train…and we’re not mad about it.
Aldi ($3.99); available January 8
4. Fremont Fish Market Wild Caught Salmon Fillets
Stash a few of these fillets in your freezer for healthy dinners on nights you don’t feel like running to the store after work.
Aldi ($6.99); available January 8
5. Priano Ancient Grain Pasta (Assorted Varieties)
They’re not gluten-free, but they are made from ancient grains (which means they’re not totally nutritionally void). Plus, we love a little intrigue in our pasta.
Aldi ($2.49); available January 8
6. Tuscan Garden Greek Yogurt Dressing (Assorted Varieties)
We’re ranch dressing superfans and we’re not ashamed to admit it. But if there’s a guilt-free version? That’s even better.
Aldi ($1.99); available January 8
8. Fusia Asian Broth (Assorted Varieties)
Whip up cheater’s ramen (or pho, or tom yum) in almost no time at all.
Aldi ($1.79); available January 15
9. Emporium Selection Spicy Cheddar (Assorted Varieties)
We can’t decide between Red Thai Curry, Sriracha or Dragon’s Breath (erm, habanero), so we’re sampling all three of these cheddars.
Aldi ($3.49); available January 15
10. Fusia Veggie Mini or Kung Pao Chicken Egg Rolls
You’ve started stocking up for your Chinese New Year party, right?
Aldi ($1.99); available January 15
11. Park Street Deli Chicken Wings in Maple BBQ or Spicy Sesame Sauce
Like it or not, the big game is right around the corner. Do you know where your wings are?
Aldi ($5.99); available January 22
12. Appetitos Franks in a Blanket
It wouldn’t be a party (or a Friday night in) without them.
Aldi ($2.99); available January 22
13. Emporium Selection Valentine’s Day Cheese Assortment
It’s not too early to start thinking about February 14. And what says “I love you” more than a hunk of aged cheddar?
Aldi ($3.99); available January 29
14. Park Street Deli Sweet Heat Chicken or Halftime Pickle Dip
Listen, we’ll try any dip at least once. Even if it’s pickle flavored.
Aldi ($2.89); available January 29
15. Specially Selected Belgian Cocoa Dusted Truffles
We have it on good authority that these are surprisingly excellent. (Read: We ate the whole box in record time.)
Aldi ($2.99); available January 29
16. Benton’s Shortbread Hearts (Cherry or Strawberry)
These shortbread hearts are so cute, how could you not pick up a bag?
Aldi ($1.99); available January 29
17. Reggano Valentine’s Day Pasta
Red and white heart-shaped noodles. Now that’s amore.
Aldi ($1.99); available January 29
18. Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Heart-Shaped Cheese Deli Pizza
We can confirm: This pizza was made for the ’Gram.
Aldi ($4.99); available January 29