- This week, Liz Truss revealed that she’s resigning from her role as British Prime Minister. As a result, King Charles will make history by swearing in a new PM less than two months after ascending the throne.
- The royal family shared a portrait of Camilla Parker Bowles on social media. The post was a not-so-subtle tribute to Queen Elizabeth because it featured the Queen Consort posing with a bunch of Paddington Bears that were left outside of the late monarch’s residence.
- The Queen Consort attended the Booker Prize Awards with her younger sister, Annabel Elliot. And royal fans couldn’t get over the striking resemblance between the two.
- Prince William visited the Copper Box Arena with his wife, Kate Middleton, to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Coach Core charity. The Prince of Wales was seen partaking in a variety of sports, including soccer.
- Per People, Middleton’s mom Carole made a surprise trip to New Jersey. While there, she visited a few ShopRite grocery stores to commemorate the American launch of her party supplies brand, Party Pieces.
Royal News Roundup: Prince William Plays Soccer, the Prime Minister Resigns & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of October 20, 2022.
- Princess Eugenie posted a slideshow of pictures on Instagram in honor of her mom, Sarah Ferguson, who turned 63.
- Ferguson also shared a photo of herself playing with her newest family members: Queen Elizabeth’s corgis.
- The royal family announced that King Charles’s coronation ceremony will take place on May 6, 2023. The date holds a special meaning to Bowles because it’s her daughter’s wedding anniversary.
- King Charles made a surprise virtual appearance at the National Television Awards. In the clip, King Charles celebrated the 50th anniversary of Emmerdale, a long-running soap opera that was originally called Emmerdale Farm.
- In the latest Archetypes episode, Meghan Markle shared never-before-heard details about her experience working as a “briefcase girl” on Deal or No Deal.
- The Duchess of Sussex sat down for a candid interview with Variety and confirmed that director Liz Garbus (Lost Girls) is developing a docuseries about her and Prince Harry’s love story.
- Netflix released brand-new photos from The Crown season 5. The pics offered a rare glimpse of the brand-new cast, including Timothee Sambor (Prince William), Teddy Hawley (Prince Harry), Imelda Staunton (Queen Elizabeth), Elizabeth Debicki (Diana) and Dominic West (Charles).
- The streaming service also announced that the new episodes will premiere on—drumroll, please—November 9.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Charles Spencer (AKA Princess Diana’s Younger Brother) Shares Art Given to His Great Uncle by a Royal Empress
Kerry Washington Opens Up in New Book About Discovering Her Dad Is Not Her Biological Father
Sarah Ferguson Presents Award to ‘Sex and the City’ Actress Kristin Davis
Kelly Clarkson Sings with Vegas Street Performer Who Doesn’t Recognize Her in New Video
Usher Announced as the Official Super Bowl LVIII Performer (But This Won’t Be the First Time He Takes the Halftime Stage)
Katherine Heigl Explains Why She Escaped Hollywood to Live in Utah: ‘It Was the Right Choice for Our Family’