The 29 Best Holiday Gifts to Buy from Nordstrom (Before They Sell Out)
We could wax poetic about our love for Nordstrom any time of year, but our warm and fuzzy feelings for the retailer tend to intensify around the holidays. Nordstrom’s gift selection is spot on and includes so much more than just cute dresses for women and stylish basics for men. There are handy home goods, games and toys (for both kids and adults) that you can’t find anywhere else, cute DIY projects—the list goes on and on. To help you weed through Nordstrom’s extensive gift selection, we picked out 29 of the absolute best presents you should add to cart now, before they sell out.
1. For the Coffee or Tea Aficionado: Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Kettle
This gorgeous kettle also comes in a stove-top version, but either one will look stunning on your friend’s countertop. The handle and spout are specially engineered to make a slow, even pour as easy as possible so they’ll have complete control over crafting the perfect pour-over coffee or cup of tea.
2. For the Gal Who’s Always Cold: Treasure & Bond Stripe Cardigan Duster
Long cardigans are a cute and trendy way to cozy up this winter because they’re basically robes one can wear out of the house. Just don’t be surprised if she slips it on over her PJs after unwrapping it on Christmas morning.
3. For Your Friend Who Just Had a Baby: Nordstrom Lingerie Moonlight Pajamas
Gift her a pair of luxurious pajamas that can easily be unbuttoned for late night feedings. She’ll appreciate the super soft fabric for making difficult days feel a little bit easier…or at least cozier.
Available in sizes XXS to XL
4. For the Budding At-Home Chef: Five Two by Food52 Set of 3 Essential Knives
A good set of knives is the most important thing in a cook’s arsenal. This set comes with a paring knife, a chef’s knife and a serrated knife, all with lightweight polymer handles. Available in three pastel color options—in addition to a stylishly mismatched combo—these are the kind of kitchen tools they’ll want to put on display.
5. For the Outdoorsy Guy: Patagonia Better Sweater Quarter Zip Pullover
Get him a sweater than can be worn both out on the trail and out to dinner. This cozy Patagonia fleece is made from 100 percent recycled polyester and a low-impact dye process so he can feel good about his present’s environmental footprint, too.
Available in sizes XS to XL
6. For the Person Who Misses Spa Visits: NuFACE Petite Facial Kit
The NuFACE Mini (and the larger NuFACE Trinity) uses microcurrents to tone and shape one’s jawline, cheekbones and neck for a smoother appearance without requiring a trip to the derm or any invasive needles.
7. For Your Fashion-Loving Cousin: Spanx Faux-Leather Leggings
These booty-lifting pants are some of the best faux-leather leggings we’ve ever tried and they go with everything from chunky knits and sneakers to oversize blazers and silky blouses. (One thing to keep in mind: Lots of reviews suggest going up a size for a less constrictive fit.)
Available in sizes XS to XL, and 1X to 3X, also Petite
8. For the Person Whose Zoom Background Always Makes You Jealous: Lex Pott Twist Candle
This artsy neon candle will fit in perfectly with your coworker’s already impressively curated bookshelf. (Psst, throw in an equally artsy lighter they can display right alongside this twisted cutie.)
9. For the Parent Constantly Snapping Photos: Mommy Power Stroller Hook
They’ll never miss another adorable photo op again thanks to this portable phone charger that can clip right onto the handle of the stroller. The fully functional hook can carry up to 25 pounds, so they can strap their baby bag on there, too.
10. For the Forgetful Friend: Ohom Ui Mug & Warmer Set
May she never have to worry about cold, forgotten coffee or accidental low battery again. This handy mug-and-warmer combo will keep her beverages warm and—bonus—the charger can also keep her smartphone fully juiced up, all while looking adorable on her WFH desk. (P.S. It comes in 11 more color options if charcoal gray isn’t your thing.)
11. For the Beauty Guru: Dyson Prussian Blue Supersonic Hair Dryer
Treat your hair and beauty obsessed sister to a limited-edition blue and gold Dyson hair dryer to really make her blowouts feel special.
12. For the Pampered Pet: Casper Dog Bed
This plush pet-size bed works well for both dogs and cats, and comes in three sizes so pets of all different breeds can enjoy a super-cozy, comfy afternoon nap.
13. For the Tween in Your Life: Kid Made Modern Arts & Crafts Library Kit
Just think of all the friendship bracelets and 3-D models she can make with this thousand-piece craft kit.
14. For the Person Who Is Always Prepared: JUDY The Safe Emergency Kit Portable Bin
This bright red, waterproof backpack comes prepacked with three days-worth of emergency supplies for four people including a medical kit, flashlight, phone charger, food, water, hand warmers and ponchos.
15. For the New Grandparent: Child to Cherish Ombre Handprint Kit
You can either gift them this kit to DIY themselves or open it up and do the heavy lifting ahead of time—either way, they’ll have a one-of-a-kind piece of art featuring their favorite little human’s handprint.
16. For the Sneakerhead: Jason Markk Premium Shoe Care Kit
Tracking down a pair of limited-edition kicks to add to his collection involves a ton of research and time (not to mention, cash) you may not have. Instead pick up this highly-rated, top-selling shoe cleaning kit to help keep the sneakers he already owns looking like new, even after months of wear.
17. For the Teen in Your Life: Nike Sportswear Essentials Hoodie
Your teenage cousin basically lives in sweats all year round. Update his collection with a fresh new hoodie made of cozy cotton-blend fleece and featuring a few brightly-hued logos scattered about.
Available in sizes XS to XXL
18. For the Kid Who Likes to Read Under the Covers: L.L.Bean Trailblazer Snap 300 Combo Headlamp
Other folks who might appreciate this handy headlamp include anyone taking the dog for a walk after dark, your mom who likes to grill outdoors all winter long, cyclist commuters, your uncle with a fondness for miniature building and, of course, hikers.
19. For the Person Working from Home: Quay Australia Stranger Blue-Light Filtering Glasses
The screens of computers, tablets and phones all emit blue light which can cause headaches, eye irritation and even skin damage over time. Do your buddy (and his eyes) a favor and pick him up some cool blue-light filtering glasses to combat that damage.
20. For the Gal Who Has Everything: Slip Pure Silk Pillowcase
Sleeping on a silk pillowcase can help make hair less frizzy and is often much better for skin than cotton (because it’s less likely to cause creases and has natural antibacterial qualities that combat acne). Even if she already owns one or two, she’ll appreciate the addition to her linen closet—not to mention, it means she’ll have to do laundry a little less often.
21. For the At-Home Barista: W&P Design Matcha Whisk & Milk Frother
In addition to whipping together the best cup of matcha tea you’ve ever had, this battery-powered whisk can also be used to froth milk, mix dressings and blend sauces. (P.S. Batteries aren’t included to be sure to stick some AAAs in the box before you wrap.)
22. For the Person Worried About the Lack of Winter Sun: Hatch Rest Sound, Night Light & Time to Rise Machine
OK, yes, this nightlight-and-app combo is intended to help children get to sleep and wake up on their own, but it works just as well for adults who may have a hard time catching zzz’s at night and who hate waking up before sunrise.
23. For the New Runner: Zella Slim Running Belt
Gym closures across the country have led to a new running renaissance, especially for first-time runners. This stretchy belt can store their phone, keys, wallet or whatever else they may need while heading out for a jog, so they can keep their hands free, and their mind focused on something other than worrying about dropping their new phone.
26. For the Person Who Loves Artsy Decor: Lumio Lito Classic Portable Light
This very cool little light looks like a book when closed and opens to reveal an origami-inspired folded lantern that glows for up to eight hours before needing to be recharged. Prop it open on your bedside table for some pre-sleep reading, or mount it on any magnetic surface for some overhead lighting. (P.S. There’s also a mini version that’s even easier to carry on the go.)
27. For the Future Chef: Melissa & Doug Sushi Slicing Wooden Toy
Nurture your nephew’s love of cooking with this 24-piece sushi making set that’s sure to work up an appetite as the two of your play restaurant.
28. For Your Secret Santa: Carhartt Stratus Watch Hat
Whether you picked a coworker you don’t interact with all that often, your cousin who’s also your BFF or your brother’s completely mysterious new boyfriend, everyone could use a cozy new beanie this winter. This super-warm Carhartt cap also comes in three different neutral colors, so there’s bound to be one that fits your Secret Santa’s style.
29. For Literally Anyone: Outdoor Research Essential Adult Face Mask Kit
We’re not done with protective face coverings yet, so why not upgrade to one that’s a bit more comfortable than your average N95? This machine-washable mask is the highest rated at Nordstrom and includes a filter pocket for added protection.