The 29 Best Holiday Gifts to Buy from Nordstrom (Before They Sell Out)
We could wax poetic about our love for Nordstrom any time of year, but our warm and fuzzy feelings for the retailer tend to intensify around the holidays. Nordstrom’s gift selection is spot on and includes so much more than just cute dresses for women and stylish basics for men. There are handy home goods, games and toys (for both kids and adults) that you can’t find anywhere else, cute DIY projects—the list goes on and on. To help you weed through Nordstrom’s extensive gift selection, we picked out 29 of the absolute best presents you should add to cart now, before they sell out.
1. For Your Friend Who Just Had a Baby: Nordstrom Lingerie Moonlight Pajamas
Gift her a pair of luxurious pajamas that can easily be unbuttoned for late night feedings. She’ll appreciate the super soft fabric for making difficult days feel a little bit easier…or at least cozier.
Available in sizes XXS to XL
2. For Your Fashion-Loving Cousin: Spanx Faux-Leather Leggings
These booty-lifting pants are some of the best faux-leather leggings we’ve ever tried and they go with everything from chunky knits and sneakers to oversize blazers and silky bouses. (One thing to keep in mind: Lots of reviews suggest going up a size for a less constricting fit.)
Available in sizes XS to 3X, also Petite
3. For the DIY Obsessed Neighbor: The Stranded Stitch La Croix Cross-Stitch Kit
This cross-stich kit is a cheeky gift idea for your neighbor who discovered a passion for all things crafty during quarantine. Add a can or two of real La Croix for some added inspiration (and hydration).
4. For the Budding At-Home Chef: Five Two by Food52 Set of 3 Essential Knives
A good set of knives is the most important thing in a cook’s arsenal. This set comes with a paring knife, a chef’s knife and a serrated knife, all with lightweight polymer handles. Available in three dusty color options—in addition to a stylishly mismatched combo—these are the kind of kitchen tools they’ll want to put on display.
5. For the Advanced At-Home Chef: W&P Spice Grinder
Just like coffee beans, spices that are freshly ground are much more flavorful and add a richer taste to recipes. Toss in a jar of cumin, cloves or nutmeg, so they can put this grinder to use ASAP.
6. For the Kid Who Misses Team Sports: Tangle NightBall Soccer Ball
Pick up soccer games, after school team practices and weekend tournaments are still postponed for the foreseeable future. But with a glow-in-the-dark basketball, your niece can continue practicing her headers in the backyard long after the sun’s gone down. That way, she’s ready to get right back into the swing of things next spring.
7. For the Outdoorsy Guy: Patagonia Better Sweater Quarter Zip Pullover
Get him a sweater than can be worn both out on the trail and for dinner out in town. This cozy Patagonia fleece is made from 100-percent recycled polyester and a low-impact dye process so he can feel good about his present’s environmental footprint, too.
Available in sizes S to XL
8. For the Gal Who’s Always Cold: Leith Cozy Cable-Knit Longline Cardigan
Long cardigans are a cute and trendy way to cozy up this winter because they’re basically robes one can wear out of the house. Just don’t be surprised if she slips it on over her PJs after unwrapping it on Christmas morning.
Available in sizes XXS to XL and 1X to 3X
9. For the Friend Who Has Yet to Cut Their Quarantine Hair: Silke London Cleopatra Silk Hair Ties
In a test of 26 different hair ties, these Silke London wonders turned out to be PureWow’s number one pick. In particular, testers were impressed with their ability to hold strands in place without feeling super tight or causing a headache after a full day spent in a high ponytail. They also left minimal creasing, ideal for those who like to switch their ‘do up throughout the day.
10. For the Person Who Misses Spa Visits: NuFACE Mini Facial Toning Device
The NuFACE Mini (and the larger NuFACE Trinity) uses microcurrents to tone and shape one’s jawline, cheekbones and neck for a smoother appearance without requiring a trip to the derm or any invasive needles.
11. For the Person Whose Zoom Background Always Makes You Jealous: Lex Pott Twist Candle
This artsy neon candle will fit in perfectly with your coworker’s already impressively curated bookshelf. (Psst, throw in an equally artsy lighter they can display right alongside this twisted cutie.)
12. For the Parent Constantly Snapping Photos: Mommy Power Stroller Hook
They’ll never miss another adorable photo op again thanks to this portable phone charger that can clip right onto the handle of the stroller. The fully functional hook can carry up to 25 pounds, so they can strap their baby bag on there, too.
13. For the Kid at Heart: FAO Schwartz Remote Control Bumper Cars
They’ll want to spend all of Christmas break racing these adorable mini bumpers up and down the hall. Just be sure to include a pack of six AAA batteries to ensure the fun can begin straight away.
14. For the Person Who Is Always Prepared: JUDY The Mover Maxi 4-Person Emergency Kit
This bright red, waterproof backpack comes prepacked with three days-worth of emergency supplies for four people including a medical kit, flashlight, phone charger, food, water, hand warmers and ponchos.
15. For the Person Newly Into the Occult: AdamJK Ok Tarot: The Simple Deck for Everyone
This easy-to-use tarot deck can expand their love of the mystical and doubles as a great party trick. Plus, the artist behind the basic illustrations, Adam J Kurtz, purposefully avoided any religious or gendered iconography so anyone and everyone can feel included in the fun.
16. For the New Grandparent: Child to Cherish Ombre Handprint Kit
You can either gift them this kit to DIY themselves or open it up and do the heavy lifting ahead of time, to create a one-of-a-kind piece of art featuring their favorite little human’s handprint.
17. For the Sneakerhead: Jason Markk Essential Shoe Cleaning Kit
Tracking down a pair of limited-edition kicks to add to his collection involves a ton of research and time (not to mention, cash) you may not have. Instead pick up this highly-rated, top-selling shoe cleaning kit to help keep the sneakers he already owns looking like new, even after months of wear.
18. For the Person in Desperate Need of Some R&R: ThisWorks Great in Bed Sleep Trio
This relaxing three-pack comes with a calming body wash and lotion duo, as well as a pillow spray to help them wind down before bed with some luxurious (but not too time consuming) pampering.
19. For the Forgetful Friend: Ohom Kopi Mug & Warmer Set
May she never have to worry about cold, forgotten coffee or accidental low battery again. This handy mug-and-warmer combo will keep her beverages warm and—bonus—the charger can also keep her smartphone fully juiced up, all while looking adorable on her WFH desk.
20. For the Person (Semi)Permanently Working From Home: Quay Australia Stranger Blue-Light Filtering Glasses
The screens of computers, tablets and phones all emit blue light which can cause headaches, eye irritation and even skin damage over time. Do your buddy (and his eyes) a favor and pick him up some cool blue-light filtering glasses to combat that damage.
21. For the Gal Who Has Everything: Slip Pure Silk Pillowcase
Sleeping on a silk pillowcase can help make hair less frizzy and is often much better for skin than cotton (because it’s less likely to cause creases and has natural antibacterial qualities that combat acne). Even if she already owns one or two, she’ll appreciate the addition to her linen closet—not to mention, it means she’ll have to do laundry a little less often.
22. For the Tween in Your Life: Ann Williams ‘All About Me’ Quiz Bracelets DIY Kit
While this adorable DIY set can certainly be used to make coordinating friendship bracelets for her and her BFFS, it’s really meant for her to use on her own with seven fun quizzes that determine which colors and charms are best suited to her personality.
23. For the Teen in Your Life: Adidas Pride Flag Trefoil Unisex Hooded Sweatshirt
Your teenage cousin basically lives in sweats all year round. Update his collection with a fresh new hoodie made of cozy French terry cloth and featuring a brightly-hued logo front and center.
Available in sizes XS to XXL
24. For the Person Worried About the Lack of Winter Sun: Hatch Rest Sound, Night Light & Time to Rise Machine
OK, yes, this nightlight-and-app combo is intended to help children get to sleep and wake up on their own, but it works just as well for adults who may have a hard time catching zzz’s at night and who hate waking up before sunrise.
25. For the New Runner: Sweaty Betty Swift Running Belt
Gym closures across the country have led to a new running renaissance, especially for first-time runners. This stretchy belt can store their phone, keys, wallet or whatever else they may need while heading out for a jog, so they can keep their hands free and their mind focused on something other than worrying about dropping their new phone.
28. For Your Secret Santa: Carhartt Work in Progress Watch Hat
Whether you picked a coworker you don’t interact with all that often, your cousin who’s also your BFF or your brother’s completely mysterious new boyfriend, everyone could use a cozy new beanie this winter. This super-warm Carhartt cap also comes in 10 different colors, so there’s bound to be one that fits your Secret Santa’s style.
29. For Literally Anyone: NiiceFace Adjustable Contoured Face Mask with Filter
We’re not done with protective face coverings yet, so why not upgrade to one that’s a bit more comfortable than your average N95? This machine-washable cotton mask is the highest rated at Nordstrom and includes a filter pocket for added protection.