40 Clean-Eating Recipes the Whole Family Will Devour
It’s an age-old problem. You’re trying to eat healthier, but you also need to get dinner on the table for the whole family, and—as Mom used to say—you’re not a short-order cook. Instead of resorting to another night of frozen chicken nuggets or PB&J for the kids, here are 40 clean-eating recipes that everyone will actually enjoy.
1. Baked Quinoa Nuggets
Tasty enough for the kids, healthy enough for the grown-ups. (And easy enough that you’ll never go back to frozen nuggets again.)
2. Zoodles with Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella
A pizza-pasta mash-up, with none of the carbs.
3. Apple and Cottage Cheese Muffins
Make a huge batch, then have these protein-packed muffins for breakfast all week.
5. Turkey Stuffed Peppers
The easiest way to get the kids to eat their veggies.
7. Healthy Baked Ziti
Because no one in our family would ever turn down carbs and melty cheese. (Thanks, Coterie member Liz Falcigno.)
8. Fudgy Avocado Brownies with Chocolate Fudge Frosting
No butter, flour or refined sugar. And we promise, they don’t actually taste like avocado at all.
10. Roasted Tomato Soup
We admit that adding a grilled cheese sandwich would make this meal a little less clean, but we’ll leave that decision up to you.
11. Jackfruit Tacos with Grilled Pineapple
This miracle tropical fruit tastes exactly like pulled pork but is totally vegan and packed with vitamins.
12. Kale Pesto Pizza
Tip: Make extra pesto and use it as a sauce for whole-grain pasta.
13. Honey Mustard Chicken Bake
Ready in an hour (but don’t worry, most of that is hands-off cooking time).
14. Instant Pot Sweet Potato Tortilla Soup
A veggie version of one of our favorite soups. (Go easy on the tortilla strips to make it even healthier.)
15. Cauliflower Sweet Potato Burgers
This magical recipe manages to defy the plight of most veggie burgers: dryness. Just add your favorite burger toppings and carry on.
16. Coconut No-Bake Cookies
We hereby state that eating clean shall not mean giving up dessert. (Especially when it takes only 30 minutes to make.)
17. Cauliflower Fried Rice
Feel free to swap in your family’s favorite veggies (side bonus: it’s a great way to clean out the produce drawer).
18. Rainbow Collard Wraps with Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
Fact: We’d eat anything if it were slathered with peanut sauce.
19. Fluffy Banana Pancakes
We see a cozy Sunday breakfast in your future…
20. Eggplant Pizza
They’re low-carb and gluten-free. Have four.
21. Butternut Squash Soup
While this does taste like autumn in a bowl, we recommend making it all year long. It’s quick, delicious and naturally vegan and gluten-free.
22. Chickpea and Vegetable Coconut Curry
Serve with brown rice and whole-wheat naan and watch it disappear.
27. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
For Taco Tuesday (or any night, really).
28. Roasted Squash and Farro Salad with Avocado Dressing
Equally tasty on the go—just spoon it into a mason jar.
29. Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Sandwich
You’ll never miss the mayo in this protein-packed sammy. (Swap out the bread for whole-grain or lettuce wraps if you want to keep things squeaky clean.)
31. Gluten-Free Cauliflower Gnocchi Pomodoro
It's easy to make from scratch and tastes like tender, cheesy pillows of heaven.
32. Vegan Slow-Cooker Detox Coconut Soup
Yep, you can be lazy and healthy.
33. Vegan Spaghetti Squash with Mushroom Marinara Sauce
This impressive Italian feast is easier to prepare than it looks.
34. 30-Minute One-Pot Cheater’s Bouillabaisse
All you need is a small pot to make this French-style seafood stew.
35. Keto Sheet-Pan Chicken and Rainbow Veggies
So easy, so healthy and still so beautiful.
36. Veggie Niçoise Salad with Red Curry Green Beans
Introducing the Frenchest salad we know.
37. Radicchio, Lentil and Apple Salad with Vegan Cashew Dressing
A creamy salad dressing is far superior to all others.
38. Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower
It’s cauliflower steak night!
39. Pesto Zoodles
These delightful zoodles are the answer to your carb cravings.