- Queen Elizabeth held not one, but two virtual meetings from her home at Windsor Castle. The first call was with Pascal Gayama (the U.K. ambassador of the Republic of the Congo), followed by another with Salah Mrehil (the U.K. ambassador from Libya).
- The royal family marked the one-year anniversary of Prince Philip’s passing by sharing a special video montage on Instagram. The caption read, “Remembering His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh on the first anniversary of his death.”
- New reports claim that Queen Elizabeth wasn’t supposed to be photographed with Prince Andrew when she attended the Service of Thanksgiving last month. One Royal ROTA photographer said he was instructed by the palace to not snap a single photo of the queen until she took her seat.
- People confirmed that the monarch won’t attend the in-person Easter Sunday service at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle. However, other members of the royal family will be in attendance.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle paid a special visit to Windsor Castle ahead of the 2022 Invictus Games, where they met with Queen Elizabeth.
Royal News Roundup: the Queen’s Virtual Appearance, Meghan Markle’s Trip Across the Pond & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of April 14, 2022.
YUI MOK/POOL/AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES
PHIL NOBLE/POOL/GETTY IMAGES
- Prince Harry and Markle’s Archewell Foundation announced that it’s partnering with two new non-profit organizations: Cortico—Local Voices Network (from MIT Media Lab) and The Institute for Rebooting Social Media at Harvard’s Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society.
- Idris Elba recently recalled the couple’s 2018 nuptials, where he served as DJ. During the interview, Elba revealed that there was one song the bride really wanted on the wedding playlist: “Still D.R.E.” by Dr. Dre.
- A spokesman for the Sussexes revealed that the duchess will join Harry at the 2022 Invictus Games. The international sporting competition will take place from April 16 to 22 in The Netherlands.
- Prince William sat down for a candid podcast interview with Cate Blanchett, where he explained why he’s so passionate about the environment. He also credited his dad, Prince Charles, and his grandpa, Prince Philip, for introducing him to climate activism.
- Clarence House announced that Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles are embarking on a three-day royal tour to Canada, where they will meet with multiple communities in Newfoundland and Labrador, Ottawa and Northwest Territories.
- Bowles revealed that Kate Middleton and Queen Elizabeth can’t get enough of the reality dancing competition show, Strictly Come Dancing. (Think of it as the U.K. version of Dancing with the Stars.)
- Mako Komuro, the former Japanese princess, has landed a job at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. In her new role as curator assistant, she will help prepare an Asian exhibition at The Met, which follows a monk’s journey through Japan as he learns about Buddhism.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Miley Cyrus Poses with Godmother Dolly Parton in BTS Snap from a Special Holiday Project
Kate Middleton Wrote a Rare Op-Ed Discussing Early Childhood Development
Jennifer Garner Matched with Her Daughter Violet During Rare Outing at the White House
This Girl Dressed Up Like a Princess to Meet Kate Middleton and Prince William
Priyanka Chopra Celebrates Her Wedding Anniversary By Sharing a Sweet Photo with Hubby Nick Jonas on IG
Simone Biles and Fiancé Jonathan Owens Look So in Love in New Christmas Portraits on Instagram