- Prince Harry revealed the special way his son, Archie, pays tribute to his late grandmother, Princess Diana. “I got a photo of her in his nursery, and it was one of the first words that he said—apart from ‘mama,’ ‘papa,’ it was then ‘grandma.’ Grandma Diana,” he said.
- The Duke of Sussex also participated in the Sentebale Polo Cup, which benefitted the Sentebale charity. The royal discussed the significance of the organization’s name and said the memory of his mother “most certainly will never be forgotten.”
- The royal family announced that Queen Elizabeth’s granddaughter, Lady Louise Windsor, will follow in Prince William and Kate Middleton’s footsteps and attend college at St. Andrew’s in Scotland.
Royal News Roundup: Princess Diana’s Emotional Anniversary, Meghan Markle’s Revealing Interview & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of September 1, 2022.
Tim Graham Photo Library/Getty Images
- In an exclusive interview on Royally Obsessed, Princess Diana’s former private secretary Patrick Jephson shared details about advice he gave to The Crown star Emma Corrin, who portrayed the late royal.
- Jephson also explained why he thinks Princess Diana would still be alive today if not for Panorama.
- Princess Diana’s brother, Charles Spencer, shared a photo on his personal Instagram account, featuring flowers and postcards that were left at Althorp House (Diana’s childhood home and final resting place).
- Four throwback pictures recently resurfaced that were taken back in 1988 during a ski trip in Switzerland. The pics offer a rare glimpse of the close-knit friendship between Princess Diana and Sarah Ferguson.
- In honor of International Dog Day, Queen Elizabeth shared a slideshow of photos featuring royal dogs throughout the years.
- Meghan Markle sat down for a candid interview with The Cut magazine and revealed that she will be making her triumphant return to social media.
- The Duchess of Sussex opened up about raising her three-year-old son, Archie, with her husband, Prince Harry.
- During that same interview, Markle discussed her multimillion-dollar deal with Netflix. Specifically, addressed the cancellation of her animated series, Pearl.
- She also revealed that one major symbol convinced them to pick their current residence in Montecito: two massive Dr. Seussian palm trees on the lawn.
- Markle released a brand-new Archetypes episode where she gushed over her special guest, Mariah Carey, and explained how she’s a role model. “You were so formative for me,” the royal said.
- In the installment, the pair addressed the “complexities surrounding the word diva” and how it’s often misunderstood. The conversation began after Carey called Meghan Markle a “diva.”
- In an interview with People, one of Prince Harry’s polo buddies, Ignacio “Nacho” Figueras, praised the royal’s relationship with Markle.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Pamela Anderson Goes Makeup-Free During Latest Red Carpet Appearance
Kate Middleton Rocks Chic Monochrome Suit by Her Wedding Dress Designer (& Pays Tribute to Princess Di)
Paris Hilton Shares Stunning Footage of Her Wedding Dress and Surprisingly Candid Vows
Taylor Swift Just Copied Kate Middleton’s Fashion at Boyfriend Travis Kelce’s Football Game
Mariska Hargitay Names Cat After Taylor Swift Song and Swift Promptly Loses It in Response
Kate Middleton Secretly Shows Up on Popular Reality Show Set with Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis