You know what sounds like delicious lunch? A big salad. But is it just us, or do they always leave us wanting more two hours later? Since a bunch of lettuce just won’t cut it, try adding a boost of protein to your next bowl. Aside from keeping you satisfied longer, it’s essential to muscle-building, hormone production and energy (and you can get it from grains, vegetables and fruits in addition to the usual meat or tofu). From citrus-shrimp quinoa salad to corn and peach caprese, these high-protein salad recipes are hearty and sure to please.
21 High-Protein Salad Recipes That Are Crisp and Refreshing (but Still Satisfying)
1. Grilled Peach And Halloumi Salad With Lemon-pesto Dressing (11g Protein)
The secret to making lunch the highlight of your day is to serve yourself halloumi cheese.
4. Salmon And Fennel Dinner Salad (32g Protein)
The salmon offers richness, the couscous adds heft and chewiness, and the creamy yogurt dressing feels indulgent even though it’s not.
14. Keto Steak And Blue Cheese Salad For One (24g Protein)
Leftover steak has met its match.
16. Indian Salad Bowl With Crunchy Chickpeas (14g Protein)
The chickpeas are seasoned with cumin, curry powder and coconut, and if you’re not careful, you’ll eat them all before they make it to your bowl.
21. Veggie Niçoise Salad With Red Curry Green Beans (11g Protein)
Olives, potatoes and green beans, oh my. We’ll see you later, lettuce.