What Will Labor Day Sales Look Like This Year? Here’s What We’re Anticipating
We know, summer just started. But with Memorial Day sales long gone and no set date for Amazon Prime Day, we’d love a shopping event to look forward to. Enter: Labor Day sales. They’ll be here before we know it, and we intend to be more prepared than ever before. We’re talking shopping lists, calendar reminders, the works. There’s no way we’re missing out on a single sale. Here, 14 Labor Day sales we’re hedging our bets on for this year (mostly based on what retailers did in summer 2019).
1. Nordstrom: The retailer typically has a Summer Clearance sale around Labor Day with massive deals on sandals, swimsuits and summer apparel. Until then, we’ll be taking advantage of Nordstrom’s up to 60 percent off clearance deals.
2. Sephora: Last year, Sephora’s Summer Bonus event offered 15 percent off site-wide for VIB rewards members and 20 percent off site-wide for Rouge members for an entire week. Yup, seven whole days. Here’s hoping that this year’s sale includes Beauty Insider members too, so everyone can take advantage.
3. Verishop: Between Memorial Day deals that added up to 50 percent off on over 2,000 items and its recent Birthday Sale offering up to 25 percent off full-price items, Verishop sure knows how to deliver the discounts we actually want. We have no doubt the e-commerce site’s Labor Day offerings will be equally as impressive.
4. Samsung: Labor Day weekend is a great time to invest in marked down TVs, tablets and smart devices, so we’re hoping that Samsung pulls through this year. Based on the tech giant’s existing deals on appliances and TVs, we’d say the future looks bright.
5. Brooklinen: If you’re in the market for a new comforter, luxe sheets or some plush towels, you may want to hold off a couple more months. Brooklinen has had a site-wide Labor Day sale in years past, offering 10 to 15 percent off your entire order.
6. Dermstore: Dermstore’s Labor Day weekend sale is notorious for being one of the beauty retailer’s best, with 20 percent off on hundreds of best-selling skincare, haircare and makeup products. TBH, we consider the site’s free shipping and free returns on every order an excuse to shop even when there’s not a sale.
8. Amazon: Amazon doesn’t typically have a Labor Day sale in the traditional sense, but in years past we’ve seen major deals on items like Dyson vacuums and Amazon devices in the days leading up to the holiday. Our tip? Keep an eye on the Today’s Deals section around September 7.
9. Revolve: We’re anticipating a shopping event similar to last year’s sale at Revolve, which included up to 65 percent off full-price items and an additional 20 percent off sale items.
11. Casper: At the end of summer 2019, the mattress retailer offered 15 percent off any purchase that included a mattress. We’ve been meaning to upgrade ours, and we might throw in Casper’s new weighted blanket too (if it goes on sale).
12. Zappos: The site’s Memorial Day sale included discounts on over 96,000 products. Given that it’ll be trying to get rid of summer inventory, we have a feeling Zappos’ Labor Day sale will be even bigger. Expect slashed prices on warm weather gear and maybe even a few fall pieces. Sounds like the ideal time to drop some cash on a new mid-weight coat.
14. Bed Bath & Beyond: We’d bet money that not only will Bed Bath & Beyond hold a Labor Day sale this year, but it’ll include up to 50 percent off small kitchen appliances, health and beauty items and bedding.