- Ahead of Princess Charlotte’s 7th birthday, Prince William and Kate Middleton shared two never-before-seen portraits on social media. The first photo shows Char in a field of flowers, and it’s followed by a snap of her holding a handful of flowers. Per usual, the photos were taken by Middleton.
- On her actual birthday, the royal couple posted another brand-new photo of Princess Charlotte. The caption read, “Thank you for all the lovely messages on Princess Charlotte’s seventh birthday!”
- According to People, Spice Girls member Mel B received an MBE award (the highest honor given to a Member of the Order of the British Empire) from Prince William at an honorary ceremony held at Buckingham Palace.
Royal News Roundup: Princess Charlotte Poses for Bday Pics, Prince Harry Plays Polo & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of May 5, 2022.
- Prince Charles celebrated his granddaughter’s birthday by re-sharing the slideshow on social media. He wrote, “Happy Birthday to Princess Charlotte—7 years today!”
- Clarence House announced that Camilla Parker Bowles will join forces with The Great British Bake Off star Mary Berry to host the Platinum Pudding Competition at the queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- According to Deadline, Netflix has canceled Meghan Markle’s animated series, titled Pearl. The show was supposed to focus on the adventures of a young girl named Pearl, who discovers her own potential as she meets famous women in history.
- Prince Harry engaged in a friendly game of polo at the Santa Barbara Polo Club. In photos obtained by People, the Duke of Sussex is shown playing with his longtime friend, Nacho Figueras, who documented the scrimmage on Instagram.
- This week, Middleton was seen leaving the Design Museum in London after she presented The Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design. The duchess opted against her signature hairstyle and rocked a sleek straight ’do.
- In honor of Prince William and Middleton’s 11th wedding anniversary, the hosts of the Royally Obsessed podcast revisited a memorable moment turned meme. You know, when flower girl Grace van Cutsem covered her ears during the couple’s iconic balcony photo.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.