- This week, Prince William and Kate Middleton attended the 2022 Royal Charity Polo Cup at Guards Polo Club in England and broke royal protocol by showing PDA on two different occasions. Not only did they kiss on the cheek, but they also walked around with their arms around each other.
- According to body language expert Darren Stanton, their affection is reminiscent of “two teenagers in love.” He said, “There were numerous displays of public affection, which suggests that the couple clearly have no hesitation or reservation in letting the world know exactly how they feel about one another—when they deem it appropriate to do so.”
- On a recent episode of the Pod Save the Queen podcast, royal biographer Andrew Morton admitted that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had planned their royal exit long before they announced it to the public. He revealed they wanted to go in a “different direction” early in their marriage.
Royal News Roundup: Prince William Breaks Protocol, Kate Middleton Photographs Camilla Parker Bowles & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of July 7, 2022.
CHRIS JACKSON/GETTY IMAGES
- The royal family released a brand-new portrait of Camilla Parker Bowles in honor of her upcoming 75th birthday. The pic was taken by the one and only Middleton, who moonlights as an amateur photographer.
- Princess Iman of Jordan announced her engagement to Jameel Alexander Thermiotis. The news was shared to the official Royal Hashemite Court Instagram account.
- As Hello! magazine points out, there’s a striking resemblance between Princess Beatrice and Princess Charlotte, who are 26 years apart. It all started when the mag compared photos of Beatrice and Charlotte that were taken when they were both 1-year-old, and the similarities are uncanny.
JULIAN FINNEY/GETTY IMAGES
- Middleton visited the All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club for the 2022 Wimbledon tennis tournament. Middleton re-wore her blue polka-dot dress by one of her favorite designers, Alessandra Rich.
- On July 1, Princess Diana would have celebrated her 61st birthday. So, Prince William and Prince Harry reflected on her life in messages shared at the Diana Award ceremony.
- Ahead of the UEFA Women’s Euro 2022 tournament, Prince William posted a special message on social media in support of the Lioness football team. He even used a personalized sign-off, writing, “W.”
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.