- Prince William shared a personal message on social media in honor of England’s women’s football team, The Lionesses, who advanced to the UEFA Women’s Euro semi-finals. The royal used his unique sign-off: “W.”
- The Duke of Cambridge revealed that the second Earthshot Prize Awards ceremony will be held in—drumroll, please—Boston. As a result, he and his wife, Kate Middleton, will travel to Massachusetts in December.
- Queen Elizabeth made a surprise public appearance alongside her daughter, Princess Anne. The pair attended the opening of the new Thames Hospice facility in Maidenhead.
- On Instagram, royal blogger @loopycrown3 reposted a thank-you card written by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on behalf of Princess Charlotte, who recently turned seven.
Royal News Roundup: Prince Harry Gives Heartfelt Speech, Prince William Shares Personal Message & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of July 21, 2022.
Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images
- Prince Harry traveled to New York with his wife, Meghan Markle, to give a speech at the United Nations General Assembly. The pair walked hand-in-hand when they arrived, but they didn’t stop for photos.
- During his speech, the Duke of Sussex spoke candidly about his love for Africa—and how that admiration allowed him to form a deep connection with both his wife and Princess Diana.
- According to body language expert Darren Stanton, Prince Harry looked uncomfortable during his speech. However, the royal’s demeanor changed when he spoke about his late mother.
- While in New York, Markle was seen leaving the Crosby Street Hotel in Soho with her good friend, Gloria Steinem. The duchess wore a casual pair of navy-blue shorts with a white button-down shirt.
- In honor of Camilla Parker Bowles’s 75th birthday, Clarence House shared two portraits of the royal posing with her rescue dog, Beth.
- Several members of the royal family posted birthday tributes for Bowles on social media, including Queen Elizabeth, Prince William and Kate Middleton.
- Journalist and royal commentator Kinsey Schofield told Express that Prince Harry’s decision to fly to the U.K. with his family for Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee seems to suggest that his upcoming memoir will not be a “hit piece.”
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
Shop Kate's Favorite Beauty Products:
More Stories You'll Love
Taylor Swift’s Net Worth Is Insane Thanks to Her Record-Breaking ‘Eras’ Tour
Jenna Dewan Wishes Daughter a Happy Birthday with Extremely Rare Throwback Pics on IG
Kim Cattrall Responds to ‘And Just Like That’ Cameo News with Two-Word Post on Instagram
Royal Family Releases Exquisite Photo of Prince William and Princess Catherine Alone in the Jordanian Gardens
Zendaya Shares Never-Before-Seen Photos of Boyfriend Tom Holland for 27th Birthday on Instagram
Zooey Deschanel Debuts Curly Blonde Hairdo on Instagram