Ah, cranberries. It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without them. But these tart, juicy cuties can do way more than break down in a semi-gelatinous cranberry sauce. In fact, we’ll be using them in everything from cocktails and appetizers to mains and desserts this holiday season. Here, the 50 best cranberry recipes to try all fall and winter long. (And no, we’re not being hyperbolic when we say that.)
The 50 Best Cranberry Recipes You Could Possibly Try This Holiday Season
6. Cranberry, Brussels Sprouts And Brie Skillet Nachos
Melty Brie and sharp white cheddar are salty, creamy and decadent. Sweet cranberry sauce and tender roasted veggies add heartiness and zing to this starter that everyone at your table will be psyched about.
11. Mini Cranberry, Pistachio And Chocolate Panettone
If you’re one of those people who always gives your coworkers and friends homemade cookies for the holidays, try these tiny cake-brioche hybrids. They’re just as traditional as the ones you can get at the supermarket (but nowhere near as dry).
14. Balsamic Cranberry Roast Chicken
If your family doesn’t do turkey, you’re looking at an entrée that’s just as pretty and twice as easy to pull off. Thanks to the cast-iron skillet, you won’t even have to brown the thighs and drums on the stove before popping them in the oven.
15. Turkey Smashed Avocado, Cranberry And Mashed Potato Waffle Melts
You’re looking at the best Black Friday brunch around. Not only are the melts ridiculously tasty, but they’re a creative way to use up lots of leftovers in one shot.
16. Favorite Green Salad With Apples, Cranberries And Pepitas
Granny Smiths, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds are pretty much the holy trinity of fall salads. But the apple cider vinaigrette complete with honey and Dijon mustard puts this salad over the top.
17. Whole Wheat Pancakes With Cranberry Maple Syrup
File this recipe under Ways We Never Thought to Use Leftover Cranberry Sauce.
20. Brown Sugar Roasted Chicken Enchiladas With Fire-roasted Tomatillo Cranberry Sauce
The enchiladas are loaded with seasonings—plus white cheddar, gouda and cotija cheeses. But the sauce steals the show every time, thanks to spicy chipotle chiles, coconut milk and garlic.
25. Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey And Cranberry Aioli Sandwich
Bet you never thought to mix tangy mayonnaise with leftover cranberry sauce, huh? The mayo’s creaminess totally balances the cranberry sauce’s sour notes. You can thank us later.
28. Butternut Squash Tacos With Cranberry-jalapeño Relish
Taco Tuesday just got way, way wintry. Once you combine sweet squash, spicy ginger and tart Granny Smiths, you’ll forget all about your usual carnitas. (At least until summertime.)
33. Pasta With Kale, Kalamata Olives, Dried Cranberries, Toasted Garlic And Feta
Call it crazy spaghetti. Call it kitchen sink pasta. Either way, it’ll only take you mere minutes to pull together from start to finish. We’ll take extra cheese, please.
38. White Chocolate Macadamia Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
Brown sugar-oatmeal cookies are good as-is. Add crunchy macadamia nuts, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips to the mix, and they go from tasty to divine.