30 Ways to Eat Eggs for Dinner (Because You’re Hungry and Busy)
Your toddler is throwing a tantrum, your third grader waited until the eleventh hour to start her science project and crap, you forgot to go grocery shopping. Eggs to the rescue. They’re full of protein and healthy fats, and best of all, everyone will eat them. Dinner = done. Here, 30 ways to make eggs for dinner that are way more thrilling than just scrambled.
1. Zucchini Pasta with Poached Eggs and Heirloom Tomatoes
Cut down on carbs without losing flavor. Oh, and did we mention you can have this guy ready and on the table in just 15 minutes?
2. Kale Quiche With Cheddar-Rice Crust
This dish may sound fancy (it is French, after all), but we promise it’s super easy to execute.
3. one-pot spicy eggs and potatoes
Baked eggs nestled with pan-fried potatoes and shredded kale are then covered in a homemade ancho chili tomato sauce. Not too shabby.
4. Eggs Baked in Tomatoes
A satisfying dish that uses two foods you probably have in your kitchen at this very moment.
5. Easy Chicken Ramen Soup
It takes only 30 minutes to get this flavor-packed dish onto the table. Now that’s something we can get behind.
6. Salsa Verde Baked Eggs
Top these babies with cotija cheese, cilantro and radishes—we promise there will be no leftovers.
7. Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
This version of a classic is just the right combo of creamy (oh hi, entire diced avocado) and tangy.
8. TUNA EGG SALAD
Eat this one on its own or serve it in lettuce wraps. And may we suggest making extra? This guy lasts three to seven days in the fridge.
10. Dressed-Up Deviled Eggs
OK, not dinner per se...but these babies are a great way to start a meal.
11. Fried Egg BLT with Smoked Gouda
A little fried egg goes a long way.
12. Eggs with Asparagus and Tomatoes
Spice up your dinner routine with this super-easy-cleanup recipe.
13. Roasted Pumpkin and Brussels Sprouts with Poached Eggs
Make double the amount and save some for lunch tomorrow.
14. The Ultimate Chicken Noodle Soup
The taste of this comforting bowl is a far cry from that stuff in a can.
15. grilled potato salad with almond-basil chimichurri and 7-minute eggs
Tastes as good as it looks.
16. Bacon and Egg Fried Rice
A homemade (and tastier) version of a takeout classic.
17. springtime pizza with chipotle romesco, eggs and shaved asparagus salad
Regular margherita? Yawn. This sauce uses sun-dried tomatoes as the base and then chipotle peppers for an extra kick.
18. Quiche with Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Crust
The same eggy, cheesy deliciousness as the traditional version but with a crispy, wheat-free crust.
19. Slow-Cooker Mediterranean Frittata
Minimal time (and effort) required.
20. EGGS, BACON, MAC & CHEESE
Just when we thought our favorite pasta dish couldn’t get any better.
21. Ketogenic Baked Eggs and Zoodles with Avocado
Ideal for when you’re craving pasta but don’t want to feel weighed down.
22. Bacon, Kale and Egg Grandma Pie
Pizza for dinner! Best! Night! Ever! Eggs bring the protein (plus gooey yolks).
23. Sausage-and-Egg Breakfast Dumplings
The best news? Any leftovers (if you have them) can be enjoyed the next morning.
24. Mozzarella Meatball Frittata
It’s essentially a pasta bake that subs eggs for noodles. This high-protein egg dish can be served hot or at room temperature and will bring new life to your leftovers.
25. Chilaquiles with Poached Eggs and Spicy Honey
This is the kind of dinner you’ll be dreaming about for days after you devour it. (Luckily, you can have the leftovers for lunch.)
26. Green Shakshuka
Eggs baked with spinach, herbs and a little jalapeño makes this a delicious way to end the day.
27. Baked Eggs in Avocado
For those nights you’re not feeling a pile of dishes, this egg dish should be your go-to, thanks to the built-in avocado bowl.
28. Yotam Ottolenghi’s Braised Eggs with Leek and Za’atar
Ever braised eggs before? You’re in for an excellent, one-skillet surprise. Chef Ottolenghi recommends serving this dinner with some crusty bread and white wine.
29. Sweet Potato Rösti with Fried Eggs and Greens
A fried sweet potato cake topped with fresh greens and a fried egg is restaurant-worthy, but you can make it pretty quickly at home.
30. Skillet Eggs and Chorizo
It takes about half an hour to cook eggs in a fragrant tomato sauce topped with cheese and meat.