If ever you needed a great excuse to transform yourself into someone else for a night, Halloween is it. Whether you’ve been planning this year’s costume since November 1, 2021, or you're just getting started in your search for something fun-yet-comfortable to take your kids trick-or-treating in, the choices you have are practically endless. To ensure you don’t wind up overwhelmed and scrambling to cut holes in your bedsheets for a last-minute ghost ensemble, we’ve scoured one of the biggest retail sites on the web for the most perfect picks imaginable. Yes, friends, we’re talking about Amazon Halloween costumes.
35 of the Best Amazon Halloween Costumes to Buy in 2022
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
How We Chose the Best Amazon Halloween Costumes
A great Halloween costume should be one that’s recognizable enough that you won’t have to launch into a monologue to explain what you're supposed to be every five minutes. It should be comfortable enough to wear for several hours (without something falling off or needing to be reattached), and, most importantly, it should be something that reflects your personality.
Taking all of the above into account, we found 35 costumes that reflect the current pop culture landscape for 2022, paying homage to characters from popular movies or TV shows, superheroes, talked-about figures and more. We also considered quality, function and design, seeking out options that will be authentic without the addition of too many other accessories or accoutrements. Additionally, we scoured reviews from previous buyers.
Check out our favorites below. (Psst: Sign up to become a Prime member for even faster shipping.)
The Best Amazon Halloween Costumes at a Glance
- Best Witch Costume: Spirit Halloween Hocus Pocus Winifred Sanderson Costume
- Most Trendy Halloween Costume: Materuis Stranger Things Cheerleader Costume
- Best Pop Culture Costume: Yixaxkao Britney Spears Schoolgirl Costume
- Best Disney-Inspired Costume: Cekalue Encanto Mirabel Costume
- Sexiest Costume: California Costumes Marilyn Monroe Costume
- Best Period Costume: RoleplayCos Bridgerton Kate Costume
- Most Fashionable Costume: HuiSiFang Emily in Paris Emily Costume
- Best Tribute Costume: Fun Costumes Grease Sandy Costume
- Most Spooky Costume: Giking Wednesday Addams Costume
- Best Historical Costume: Amscan Rosie the Riveter Costume
- Best Fantasy Costume: Rubie's The Rings of Power Galadriel Costume
- Most Simple Costume: Ftcbxt Waldo Costume
- Most Impressive Costume: Morph Cleopatra Costume
- Best Princess Costume: Leg Avenue Aladdin Jasmine Costume
- Most Authentic Costume: Disguise Minnie Mouse Costume
- Best Plus-Size Costume: Leg Avenue Red Queen Costume
- Best Costume Accessories: Flapper Halloween Costume
- Easiest Halloween Costume: Disguise Harry Potter Gryffindor Skirt
- Best Star Wars-Inspired Costume: Mangu Mandalorian Ahsoka Tano Costume
- Best Funny Costume: Costume Agent Progressive Collection Flo Insurance Girl Costume
- Best Officially Licensed Costume: Costume Agent A League of Their Own Rockford Peaches Costume
- Most Comfortable Halloween Costume: Spooktacular Creations Unicorn Onesie
- Most Elegant Costume: Fun Costumes Breakfast at Tiffany’s Holly Golightly Costume
- Best Maternity Costume: For G and PL Pumpkin Shirt Costume
- Best Villain Costume: Rubie’s Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Costume
- Best Superhero Costume: Rubie’s Grand Heritage Wonder Woman Costume
- Most Intricate Costume: HongChang Wandavision Wanda Maximoff Costume
- Most Inspiring Costume: Zhitunemi Astronaut Costume
- Best Retro Costume: Leg Avenue Starflower Hippie Costume
- Cutest Halloween Costume: Bioworld The Mandalorian Baby Yoda Costume
- Most Nostalgic Halloween Costume: Amscan Ghostbusters Costume
- Best TV-Inspired Costume: iShowCos She-Hulk Costume
- Best Costume Dress: Leg Avenue Top Gun Costume
- Most Regal Halloween Costume: Kucos House of the Dragon Rhaenyra Targaryen Costume
- Best Classic Costume: Amscan Skeleton Costume
Best Witch Costume
1. Spirit Halloween Hocus Pocus Winifred Sanderson Costume
- What's Included: Winifred Sanderson dress
If there’s just one Halloween movie we’re sure to watch each year, it’s Hocus Pocus (and now, Hocus Pocus 2). This year, you can release your inner Winifred Sanderson for a totally witchin’ evening thanks to this officially licensed getup, which will not only look great, it will keep you nice and warm. Don’t forget the matching fiery red wig to complete your spell-binding look.
Most Trendy Halloween Costume
2. Materuis Stranger Things Cheerleader Costume
- What's Included: Cheerleader dress
Given the popularity of the epic season 4 release of the smash hit Netflix series Stranger Things (it broke a Netflix record!), Hawkins' favorite student, head cheerleader Chrissy, is sure to be a hot costume pick. With this green-and-white polyester uniform, emblazoned with the Hawkins High logo, you can pop your hair up in a ponytail and you’ll be good to go: Just stay away from any clocks you may spy on trees.
Best Pop Culture Costume
3 .Yixaxkao Britney Spears Schoolgirl Costume
- What's Included: Stockings, two hair scrunchies, tie blouse and pleated skirt
It's been a big year for the Princess of Pop (we're still singing along with her Elton John collab), so we're tipping our hats to the singer with this throwback costume from her first-ever music video, “Baby One More Time.” It comes complete with stockings, pink furry hair scrunchies, a pleated skirt and a tied-up blouse: all you need to add is a gray cardi. Better start studying that choreography, stat!
Best Disney-Inspired Costume
4. Cekalue Encanto Mirabel Costume
- What's Included: Shirt, skirt, glasses and earrings
We might not talk about Bruno, but we're definitely talking about this Mirabel costume from 2021's breakout animated film, Encanto. You can look just like the Madrigal family hero with this shirt, skirt, glasses and earrings combination that will be adored—and recognized—by every kid in the vicinity.
5. California Costumes Marilyn Monroe Costume
- What's Included: White halter dress
Channel the late Hollywood starlet in this simple-yet-sexy replica white halter dress from her famed 1955 film, The Seven-Year Itch. Add a pair of heels, a blonde wig (purchased separately) and some bright red lipstick, then find a vent to recreate that iconic photo. Don’t forget to sing “Happy Birthday” in your sultriest voice.
Best Period Costume
6. Roleplay Cos Bridgerton Kate Costume
- What's Included: Dress and opera gloves
For a Bridgerton style costume that even Lady Whistledown will approve of, make your way through London’s high society (or, you know, the neighborhood trick-or-treating block) in this elegant empire-waist gown. The scooped neckline and gorgeous pattern looks straight out of the 1800s, allowing you to channel Kate or Edwina in all their glory. Honestly, you could also wear this to a formal event at some point, too.
Most Fashionable Costume
7. HuiSiFang Emily in Paris Emily Costume
- What's Included: Blazer and shorts
Ooh la la! For a Parisian-inspired look, copy the fictional Emily Cooper’s red beret (sold separately) and black-and-white checked blazer and short combo with this replica from HuiSiFang. It’s très chic, and will hold you over while you wait for the third season of Emily in Paris.
Best Tribute Costume
8. Fun Costumes Grease Sandy Costume
- What's Included: Off-the-shoulder top, pants and belt
This costume is "the one that we want" to wear in homage to the late Olivia Newton-John. It's officially licensed for a more authentic feel, and the sexy black pants have an elastic waistband and belt that will help you shimmy into them. Just add red heels, a black leather jacket and teased hair, and you’ll be singing and dancing the night away.
Most Spooky Costume
9. Giking Wednesday Addams Costume
- What's Included: Velvet dress
With the new comedy horror series Wednesday coming out on Netflix just after Halloween, fans will be flocking to Wednesday Addams costumes to commemorate the iconic character, who will be played by Jenny Ortega in this new iteration. This one is made of velvet fabric (bonus points for the added warmth) and features her iconic Peter Pan collar. Pigtails, black lipstick and a brooding face are all you'll need to make this look a hit.
Best Historical Costume
10. Amscan Rosie the Riveter Costume
- What's Included: Jumpsuit, belt and headscarf
When it comes to female empowerment, there’s no better rep than Rosie the Riveter. With this throwback costume, you can celebrate the hard-working women of yore who clocked in at factories and shipyards during World War II. You’ll have to put in your own work on those biceps to master Rosie's iconic flex, though.
Best Fantasy Costume
11. Rubie's The Rings of Power Galadriel Costume
- What's Included: Dress and headpiece
Lord of the Rings is one of the most well-known fantasy series of all time, and it's brought back to public attention lately with Amazon Prime's original series Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. Go as the series' leading lady with this simple, officially licensed white cloak that will make you look like you walked in right from Middle Earth.
Most Simple Costume
12. Ftcbxt Waldo Costume
- What's Included: Hat, T-shirt, glasses and socks
We get it: You're busy, and there's not much extra time in the day to fuss around with wigs, makeup and the like. But who said you had to? For $30, you can throw on this red-and-white striped hat, T-shirt and socks, plus the Waldo-esque glasses, to quickly become everyone's favorite elusive children' book character. It's also available in a men's and child's version, so you can match with the fam.
Most Impressive Costume
13. Morph Cleopatra Costume
- What's Included: Headpiece, wrist cuffs, collar, dress and cape
On the other hand, if you're the type that likes to make a splash with your ensembles, you'll be sure to appreciate the intricate detailing of this Morph Cleopatra look. With a dramatic cape that attaches at the back and the wrist, a jeweled belt, wrist cuffs and headpiece and a regal headpiece, it will undoubtedly make a statement, and the soft robe-like material of the dress will be nice and comfy, too.
Best Princess Costume
14. Leg Avenue Aladdin Jasmine Costume
What's Included: Off-the-shoulder top, harem pants, garters and headpiece
Who doesn’t want to feel like a princess? Aladdin's Jasmine is one of our favorites, and this costume offers a fabulous likeness that will show off your shoulders, midriff and legs without being *too* revealing (there are built-in booty shorts for coverage). The top has clear, adjustable straps for a just-right fit, and it comes with the matching elastic leg garters and a jeweled headpiece.
Most Authentic Costume
15. Disguise Minnie Mouse Costume
- What's Included: Minnie dress, mouse ears and belt
Going for less "sexy," more "cute?" There’s no more adorable option than Minnie Mouse. This officially licensed frock is pure sweetness, from the red-and-white polka-dot dress to the black bow belt and iconic mouse ears. It's high-quality, authentic to the character and you can reuse it on your next trip to Disney World.
Best Plus-Size Costume
16. Leg Avenue Red Queen Costume
- What's Included: Red Queen dress, crown
All hail the Queen of Halloween! Your loyal subjects will no doubt be wowed by this gorgeous Red Queen costume, which comes with its very own crown. The quality is impeccable and it's long enough to cover your bum, so with the right tights, you won't be freezing if it happens to be extra cold on Halloween night.
Best Costume Accessories
17. Flapper Halloween Costume
- What's Included: Dress, pearl necklace, satin gloves, pearl bracelet, cigarette holder, headband, earrings
Throw it way back to the ‘20s with this flapper costume that will make you feel like you’ve walked straight out of a scene from The Great Gatsby. It comes with the dress, a pearl necklace, long satin gloves, a pearl bracelet, a cigarette holder, a headband and earrings, so you’ll have everything you need to dance, throw back a cocktail and generally have a roaring good time.
Easiest Halloween Costume
18. Disguise Harry Potter Gryffindor Skirt
- What's Included: Gryffindor skirt
You don’t need a sorting hat to help decide your costume this year: This patched skirt means you'll be a shoe-in as a Gryffindor to show off your Hogwarts pride. It’s also one of the easiest costumes of the bunch (just note that the shirt and tie are not included). Accio, Halloween treats!
Best 'Star Wars' Costume
19. Mangu Mandalorian Ahsoka Tano Costume
- What's Included: Headpiece, top, pants, belts, wristbands, leggers, kneepads
With her own series coming up on Disney+ in 2023, Ahsoka Tano from The Mandalorian is our prediction for one of the hottest Star Wars-themed costumes this year. You’ll get her distinctive headpiece, along with the top, pants, belts, wristbands, leggers and kneepads: aka everything you need to transform yourself into the former Jedi Padawan and Anakin Skywalker’s one-time apprentice.
Best Funny Costume
20. Progressive Collection Flo Insurance Girl Costume
- What's Included: Wig, apron, headband, pin, name tag
Comfortable? Check. Humorous? Check. Instantly recognizable? After seeing the Progressive commercials so many times, it better be! This officially licensed Flo apron and wig is a hoot and can be used whenever you feel like busting it out, since it’s machine washable. You’ll even get the adorable little “I heart insurance” pin.
Best Officially Licensed Costume
21. Costume Agent A League of Their Own Rockford Peaches Costume
- What's Included: Peaches dress, hat and red belt
While you’ll find several officially licensed costumes on this list, our favorite has to be this Rockford Peaches baseball dress, which has the full backing of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League the movie was based upon. The dress, hat and red belt are all included. You will want to note, however, that this option runs slightly small.
Most Comfortable Halloween Costume
22. Spooktacular Creations Unicorn Onesie
- What's Included: Unicorn onesie
Unicorns aren’t real … or are they? You’ll feel ultra-comfortable in this plush, fleece onesie when you wear it on all Hallow’s Eve (and likely beyond). It’s got built-in pockets for your belongings (ahem…or a few sugary treats) and we love the blend of happy pastel colors.
Most Elegant Costume
23. Fun Costumes Breakfast at Tiffany’s Holly Golightly Costume
- What's Included: Dress, sunglasses and glove
If you’ve got a grown-up costume party to attend, all you need to do for this costume will be to put your hair in an updo and you’ll instantly transform into Audrey Hepburn’s Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s. The set includes all the accoutrements that her character wore, too, right down to the sunglasses and satin opera gloves.
Best Maternity Costume
24. For G and PL Pumpkin Shirt Costume
For G and PL
- What's Included: Pumpkin maternity shirt
If you have a bun in the oven, chances are, you aren’t exactly excited about having to put on an elaborate costume, complete with make-up and accessories (that you’ll later have to frustratingly take off later). Instead, consider a simple T-shirt, like this one that adorably turns your tummy into a pumpkin. It’s the perfect way to celebrate Halloween—and give everyone a giggle.
Best Villain Costume
25. Rubie’s Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Costume
- What's Included: Jacket with attached shirt, red-and-blue shorts and fishnet tights
If you’re the type to root for the antihero, there’s no better costume for you to wear than this one representing psychiatrist-turned-charming criminal, Harley Quinn. It’s colorful and zany, just like Harley herself, and you can even buy the matching pigtails for this officially licensed look.
Best Superhero Costume
26. Rubie’s Grand Heritage Wonder Woman Costume
- What's Included: Wonder Woman corset, skirt, arm band, gauntlets, tiara, leg guards
Look the part of an Amazonian warrior with this fierce ensemble of a corset top and a skirt bottom, belt, armband, headpiece, boot covers and arm gauntlets. The top has clear straps for added support, and the boot covers have elastic at the bottom to keep them secured over your shoes. This costume does tend to run a bit large, however, so you’ll likely want to go down from your typical sizing.
Most Intricate Costume
27. HongChang Wandavision Wanda Maximoff Costume
- What's Included: Top, cloak, mask, gloves, girdle and pants
This Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch costume won’t give you any telekinetic abilities, but it just might help you feel more like a superhero—or a villain, depending on the day. That’s because the red uniform and cloak, plus its accessories (the mask, girdle and gloves are all also included), are exquisitely detailed from head-to-toe.
Most Inspiring Costume
28. Zhitunemi Astronaut Costume
Space travel is all the rage these days, but even if you can’t afford the millions it would cost for an actual ticket to explore the galaxy, you can still look the part with this astronaut jumpsuit costume, which is made from a lightweight spandex that won’t leave you feeling claustrophobic.
Most Retro Costume
29. Leg Avenue Starflower Hippie Costume
- What's Included: Fringe dress and headband
If you're looking to become one with the music this holiday, this ‘70s-inspired throwback hippie costume is plenty groovy, baby. It features a cold-shoulder floral fringe dress with a peace sign accent and a matching flower headband, so you’ll keep cool and feel that flower power all night long.
Cutest Halloween Costume
30. Bioworld The Mandalorian Baby Yoda Costume
- What's Included: Grogu onesie
The cutest costume, you will have, in the form of this unisex onesie depicting Baby Yoda, aka Grogu, the breakout star of The Mandalorian. It’s not only adorable, what with its Yoda hood and oversized ears, it’s also comfy enough to lounge around in at home long after the holidays are over. There’s soft sherpa material at the collar and cuffs for added comfort and it zips all the way down, so you won’t have any trouble getting in or out of it for bathroom breaks, either.
Most Nostalgic Halloween Costume
31. Amscan Ghostbusters Costume
- What's Included: Ghostbusters jumpsuit
When Halloween brings something strange to your neighborhood, you’ll be the most popular trick-or-treater on the block in this officially licensed Ghostbusters costume. This simple jumpsuit will keep you covered from head to toe, blocking out any fall chills. There’s even an inflatable proton backpack to make your ensemble more identifiable. The only bad news? You’ll have to supply your own ectomobile to get around.
Best TV-Inspired Cotume
32. iShowCos She-Hulk Costume
- What's Included: Jumpsuit and gloves
Transform yourself into everyone's favorite lawyer/superhero in a flash with this She-Hulk jumpsuit and gloves set. Amazon shoppers say it offers plenty of stretch and runs true to size. A pro tip? Scoop up this accompanying makeup set to drive the green look home.
Best Costume Dress
33. Leg Avenue Top Gun Costume
- What's Included: Top Gun flight dress
Thanks to 2022's Top Gun: Maverick, a whole new generation has fallen in love with the franchise (and Tom Cruise). The zipper closure of this film-inspired flight dress makes it easy to put on and the telling Top Gun patch at the top right will leave no question as to what you are. Talk to us, Goose!
Most Regal Halloween Costume
34. Kucos House of the Dragon Rhaenyra Targaryen
- What's Included: Robe dress
Game of Thrones fans will love this nod to the Targaryen family with this Rhaenyra Targaryen costume from the spinoff series House of the Dragon, featuring a regal robe that’s fit for a queen. Made of stretchy satin, it will feel nice and keep you plenty toasty while you're trick-or-treating with your children.
Most Classic Costume
35. Amscan Skeleton Costume
- What's Included: Bodysuit and gloves
Turn yourself inside out with this full-length skeleton bodysuit. It’s made of 100 percent cotton for a sustainable, breathable feel and requires little-to-no explanation: Simply add some face paint and you’ll be good to go!
Want to know which buzzy products are *really* worth buying? Sign up for our shopping newsletter to uncover our favorite finds.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow is the best friend you never had when it comes to finding the best, most useful lifestyle products online. Founded in 2010, our company’s editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which ones are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series, which sees each and every item we test being ranked on a 100-point scale of awesomeness, to the painstakingly curated lists our fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family editors create as vertical experts, you can trust that our recommendations include some of the greatest items you’ll find on the internet. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.
Christine Persaud has been in the business of writing and editing for close to two decades. With a passion for cooking, fitness, fashion, TV entertainment and tech, she has written about all of the above, plus plenty of other home and lifestyle topics, too. Her favorite way to unwind after a busy day of writing and reviewing products is to chill with her feet up and glass of wine in hand (always red!), to binge-watch TV.