- Camilla Parker Bowles presented the Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Award to professional dancer and choreographer Mikhail Baryshnikov. If he looks familiar, it’s probably because he played Aleksandr Petrovsky in Sex and the City.
- On Remembrance Day, King Charles followed in Queen Elizabeth’s footsteps by laying a wreath on The Cenotaph. (FYI, it’s a 100-year-old tradition.)
- Ahead of the service, the royal family confirmed that the Festival of Remembrance would feature a tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth.
- On a recent episode of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here, Mike Tindall—who is married to Zara Tindall, Queen Elizabeth’s granddaughter—shared details about a wardrobe malfunction that occurred in front of his mother-in-law, Princess Anne.
Royal News Roundup: King Charles Turns 74, Kate Middleton Celebrates Remembrance Day & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of November 17, 2022.
- The royal family released a brand-new portrait of King Charles III in honor of his new role as Park Ranger of Windsor Great Park.
- Kate Middleton celebrated Remembrance Day by attending the National Service of Remembrance at The Cenotaph. She opted against her signature hairstyle and rocked a chic ponytail that kept her hair away from her face.
- The Princess of Wales paid tribute to Queen Elizabeth by wearing a pearl choker and matching earring set that used to belong to the late monarch.
- In honor of the holiday, Prince William and Princess Catherine changed their profile pictures on social media.
- The Prince and Princess of Wales celebrated King Charles’s 74th birthday by sharing a special tribute on Instagram. It read, “Wishing a very happy birthday to His Majesty the King.”
Paul Edwards/WPA Pool/Getty Images
- Today, the Princess of Wales stepped out for a solo outing at the Reading Ukrainian Community Centre. Her polka dot dress itself was a subtle nod to Ukraine as it featured yellow dots set against a navy-blue background.
- Prince Harry marked Remembrance Day by making a surprise appearance at Pearl Harbor in Honolulu, Hawaii. The royal wore a navy suit with a red poppy pinned to his jacket—a special flower that's used to commemorate military members who have died at war.
- The Duke of Sussex also wrote a heartfelt letter to Scotty’s Little Soldiers in honor of Remembrance Day. The royal shared his own personal story about losing a parent—and how he had to say goodbye to his mother at just 12 years old.
- Netflix announced that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s docuseries will premiere in December.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Kate Middleton Wrote a Rare Op-Ed Discussing Early Childhood Development
Jennifer Garner Matched with Her Daughter Violet During Rare Outing at the White House
This Girl Dressed Up Like a Princess to Meet Kate Middleton and Prince William
Priyanka Chopra Celebrates Her Wedding Anniversary By Sharing a Sweet Photo with Hubby Nick Jonas on IG
Simone Biles and Fiancé Jonathan Owens Look So in Love in New Christmas Portraits on Instagram
Prince William and Kate Middleton Showed Off Their Parenting Skills During Boston Trip