- In an announcement on the Archewell website, Meghan Markle revealed that her debut children’s book, The Bench, has become a #1 New York Times Bestseller.
- Although Prince Harry will travel to the U.K. next month for Princess Diana’s statue unveiling, many believe that Markle will not accompany him. It all comes down to her new daughter, Lilibet Diana, who is likely too young to travel.
- Ahead of the 2021 Royal Ascot, Camilla Parker Bowles spoke out about Queen Elizabeth in a rare interview, claiming the monarch is “encyclopedic about her knowledge.” She continued, “She can tell you every horse she’s bred and owned, you know, from the very beginning. She doesn’t forget anything.”
- Prince Charles attended the annual horse racing event and wore a three-piece suit by Anderson & Sheppard. He’s worn the exact outfit on multiple occasions, including Prince Harry and Markle’s 2018 wedding.
Royal News Roundup: The Queen Gets a New Corgi, Camilla Parker Bowles Speaks Out & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of June 17, 2021.
Clive Mason/Getty Images
Ben Stansall/WPA Pool/Getty Images
- Queen Elizabeth welcomed a brand-new royal family member: a 6-week-old corgi. The dog was a gift from her son, Prince Andrew, and her granddaughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie.
- During an outing with Dr. Jill Biden, Kate Middleton spoke out for the first time about her new neice, Lilibet Diana. “I wish her all the very best,” she said. “I can’t wait to meet her. We haven’t met her yet. I hope that will be soon.”
- At the G7 Summit in Cornwall, Middleton honored her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana, by wearing a three-strand pearl bracelet that once belonged to the Princess of Wales. She completed the look with an all-white coat dress by Alexander McQueen, rose gold aspen earrings by Robinson Pelham and blush suede pumps by Aquazzura.
- While in Cornwall, the Duchess of Cambridge accidentally broke royal protocol when she addressed her father-in-law, Prince Charles, by a personal nickname: Grandpa. She said, “Hello, Grandpa! How are you?”
Tim Graham/Getty Images
- Remember Princess Diana’s classic car, a silver Ford Escort Ghia saloon, which she received as an engagement gift from Prince Charles? Well, it’s going up for sale later this month via U.K.-based auctioneer, Reeman Dansie.
- Princess Catharina-Amalia (AKA the future queen of the Netherlands) penned a handwritten letter to Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte, where she rejected the $1.9 million yearly allowance she’s supposed to inherit when she turns 18.
- Princess Madeleine of Sweden shared a rare Instagram photo of her son, Prince Nicolas, who just turned six. She captioned the post, “Happy Birthday, dear Nicolas! We love you to the moon and back. Keep on truckin’!”
- Oh, and how could we forget about Queen Elizabeth, who jokingly used a sword to cut a sheet cake? According to E!, Her Majesty borrowed the blade from one of her royal representatives. When someone pointed to a nearby knife, the monarch said, “I know there is. This is something more unusual.”
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
Shop Meghan Markle's Favorite Beauty Products:
More Stories You'll Love
‘Sullivan’s Crossing’ (aka the Next 'Virgin River') Is Renewed for Season 2 Before Season 1 Even Airs in America
Serena Williams Shows Off Her Growing Baby Bump in IG Pics with Daughter Olympia
Royal News Roundup: Princess Eugenie Welcomes Second Child, Prince Harry Makes History & More
Kelly Ripa Loses it on Morning Show After Mark Consuelos Reveals His Wrestling Singlet
Prince Harry Returns to London Court as Dad King Charles Attends Concert Across Town
Sarah Ferguson Responds to Birth of Grandson with Pic and Message on Social Media