- The royal family shared a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on social media and announced that the official mourning period has come to an end.
- After the announcement, Prince William and Kate Middleton changed their photo on Instagram. While their page featured the royal family crest during the mourning period, it’s now been reverted back to a picture of the couple.
- They also traveled to Windsor Guildhall and met with staff members to thank them for all of their hard work with the queen’s funeral service.
- According to Good Morning America, the Prince and Princess of Wales discussed how the family is doing in the aftermath of Queen Elizabeth’s passing.
Royal News Roundup: Stripped Royal Titles, the King’s New Cypher and Will & Kate’s Surprise Outing
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of September 29, 2022.
- The royal family shared a rare photo of King Charles sitting next to the infamous Red Box, which contains important documents.
- Buckingham Palace released the official design for the king’s new royal cypher, which will be used for government departments, state documents and post boxes. It will feature his initials “C” and “R” written in large, gold letters.
- The Bank of England announced that the new pound banknotes featuring the king’s image will be in full circulation by mid-2024.
- The Princess of Wales will receive the “lion’s share” of Queen Elizabeth’s jewelry collection. However, King Charles’s wife Camilla Parker Bowles (aka the Queen Consort) will get to pick first.
- The royal family shared an Instagram photo of Her Royal Majesty's ledger stone, which is an inscribed slab that marks her final resting place.
- Prince William and Princess Catherine traveled to Wales to visit the RNLI Lifeboat Station. They even stopped by their old stomping grounds, Anglesey.
- While speaking with a child, the Princess of Wales used her go-to parenting move by crouching down to meet the kid’s eye-level.
- The royal family website has implemented another placement change for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. They were previously listed below Prince Edward and his wife, Sophie (Countess of Wessex and Forfar), but now they’re listed at the bottom just ahead of Prince Andrew.
- Markle announced that her podcast, Archetypes, will release a brand-new episode on October 4. (The show took a small hiatus after the queen’s passing.)
- There was a hidden meaning behind the jewelry that Queen Elizabeth wore in her final portrait: They were family heirlooms.
- In the aftermath of the monarch’s passing, Prince Louis will go by a new name at school: Louis Wales (instead of Cambridge).
- Queen Margrethe of Denmark made the tough decision to take away four of her grandchildren’s royal titles because she wants them to “be able to shape their own lives” without having to worry about special duties that come with their royal status.
- Netflix announced that The Crown season 5 will premiere on November 9. Mark your calendars.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Wait, Are King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla About to Appear on a Ryan Reynolds Show?
And the Host of the 2023 Golden Globes Is…
Royal News Roundup: Prince Harry’s Netflix Documentary, Prince William’s Trip to Boston & More
Prince Harry Discusses Wife Meghan & Mom Diana in New Netflix Doc: ‘I Didn’t Want History to Repeat Itself’
Prince Harry Explains Why He Kept His Relationship with Meghan Markle a Secret
Guys, Our Place Has an Oven-Safe Cast Iron Always Pan & We Tested It Out