- Prince William and Kate Middleton traveled to South Wales in celebration of St. David’s Day. When they arrived, the couple wore matching his-and-her jackets.
- During one of the outings, Prince William made the mushiest comment about his wife. “[Kate] has the coldest hands ever,” he said. “They say, ‘Cold hands, warm heart.’”
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were spotted at a rugby match between England and Wales at Twickenham Stadium. They even brought their 8-year-old son, Prince George.
- In a post on Twitter, Prince William and Middleton shared their support for Ukraine. They wrote, “Today we stand with the President and all of Ukraine’s people as they bravely fight for that future.”
- Last week, Middleton paid a visit to Prince Harry’s old stomping grounds. The Duchess of Cambridge was reportedly seen at Hollywood Arms, which is a pub that was frequented by Prince Harry back in the day.
Royal News Roundup: Prince Harry Makes Rare Public Appearance, Prince William Compliments Kate Middleton & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of March 3, 2022.
BEN BIRCHALL/WPA POOL/GETTY IMAGES
- Last week, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attended the NAACP Image Awards, where they received the President's Award.
- The royal couple also presented a brand-new honor they created: the NAACP-Archewell Digital Civil Rights Award.
- Markle wore a stunning one-shoulder dress by Christopher John Rogers, which featured a long blue-and-aqua train that flowed behind the duchess.
- Prince Harry and Markle kicked off Women’s History Month with a major announcement: The Archewell Foundation is giving grants to four worthy non-profit organizations.
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex published a new post on their Archewell site, which was titled, “We Stand with the People of Ukraine.”
Yui Mok/PA Images/Getty Images
- Kensington Palace announced that a never-before-seen portrait of Princess Diana will be displayed at the residence’s new exhibit, Life Through a Royal Lens.
- Princess Diana’s brother, Charles Spencer, found buried treasure at their childhood home, Althorp House. Spencer shared a photo on Instagram, featuring a silver Roman coin that was found on the grounds.
- Queen Elizabeth had her first in-person visit since she tested positive for COVID-19. The monarch met with Prince William, Middleton and their three children—Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis—at Frogmore House. Princess Beatrice and her 5-month-old daughter, Sienna, were also in attendance.
- To commemorate the queen’s Platinum Jubilee, the royal family shared a glamorous throwback photo of the monarch from her first days as sovereign.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.