- This week, Prince William and his wife, Kate Middleton, attended a memorial service on the fifth anniversary of the Grenfell Tower fire. The royal couple honored the victims with flowers and wreaths before chatting with the survivors and their families.
- While speaking to a group of children during the event, Middleton used her go-to parenting move: bending down to meet their eye-level.
- The Duchess of Cambridge made a special appearance at Order of the Garter. Not only is it one of the royal family’s oldest traditions, but it’s also where the duchess made her debut as Prince William’s girlfriend back in 2008.
- Middleton led her first roundtable with U.K. politicians in honor of the Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood. The royal wore a pink power suit by Alexander McQueen, which she paired with a white shirt and stilettos.
Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton’s Parenting Move, Princess Eugenie’s Special Tribute & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of June 16, 2022.
PETER NICHOLLS/POOL/AFP/GETTY IMAGES
- After the Platinum Jubilee, Princess Eugenie posted a special tribute on Instagram honoring her “Grannie.” The caption read, “Thank you, Your Majesty, Grannie, for 70 years of service, selflessness and dedication. You are such a shining light for us all.”
- Earlier this month, Queen Elizabeth concluded her Platinum Jubilee with a surprise appearance on the balcony. A new report confirmed that her son, Prince Charles, is the one who encouraged Her Majesty to attend.
- Princess Beatrice stopped by Britain’s most popular horse racing event: the 2022 Royal Ascot. On day two, the royal switched up her hairstyle and opted for a chic slicked bun.
- Prince William visited the England Women’s football team at St George’s Park and revealed that his daughter, Princess Charlotte, has some pretty killer soccer skills.
- Claire Ptak (of Violet Cakes London) offered a sneak peek of Lilibet’s first birthday cake. The baker, who also designed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding cake, shared a snap of the two-tiered, floral-covered dessert on her Instagram.
- At Lilibet’s first birthday party, Markle subtly paid tribute to her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana. In one of the photos, the duchess can be seen wearing linen pinstripe pants.
- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles slipped on an accessory that we don’t get to see too often on royals: sunglasses. The sighting took place at The Royal Cornwall Show in Wadebridge.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Reese Witherspoon Just Pulled an Oprah and Released a Holiday List of ‘Favorite Things’
Kate Middleton Debuts Bouncy Curtain Bangs During Double Date Night with Swedish Royals
Taylor Swift Serves Old Hollywood Glam in Dazzling Silver Gown at Beyoncé ‘Renaissance’ Concert Movie Premiere
Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton’s Bold Fashion Statement, Prince William’s Surprising Confession & More
Queen Camilla, Kate Middleton and Princess Beatrice Each Rock Statement Boots Just Days Apart
Why Harry & Meghan Are Ready to Move on from the Monarchy, According to Omid Scobie