If you’re reading this, it’s likely that you’ve become consumed with finding one thing: the perfect apartment sectional. For some, this means an L-shaped sofa that can house you and your three roommates (while still managing to squeeze it into 15 square feet of living space). For others, this might be a chaise sectional that’ll look stunning on your authentic hardwood floors. And of course, if you’re one of the lucky ones, you’re probably looking for something modular, cozy and ultra-durable (i.e., family- and pet-friendly) to serve as the finishing touch to the three-bedroom you just closed on. Yet, at this point, you’re probably thinking, L-shape? Chaise? Modular? What the hell is the difference? We gotcha covered. Below, find an expert breakdown of how to choose an apartment sectional (that’ll actually work in your space), plus 12 of the absolute best sectionals on the market—from luxury modulars to cushy sleepers.
The 12 Best Apartment Sectionals of 2023
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
The Best Apartment Sectionals at a Glance
- Best Sectional Overall: West Elm Andes Sectional
- Editor’s Pick: Maiden Home Dune Sectional
- Best Sectional Under $515: Rivet Revolve Sectional
- Most Customizable: Lovesac Stealth Tech Sofa
- Best Chaise Sectional: Castlery Adams Sectional
- Best L-Shaped Sectional: Pottery Barn York Square Arm Sectional
- Best Modular Sectional: Floyd Form Sectional
- Most Compact Sectional: Burrow Field Sectional
- Plushest Sectional: Albany Park Kova Sectional
- Most Durable Sectional: Crate and Barrel Lounge Deep Sectional
- Best Sleeper Sectional: Article Soma Sleeper
- Best Patio Sectional: Opalhouse Latigo Patio Sectional
The Best Sectionals for An Apartment
First and foremost: What even is a sectional? According to Laura Oglethorpe, interior designer and co-founder of TheStatedHome.com, “A sectional is a sofa that comes in, you guessed it, sections. It’s typically two pieces but can be more than that if you add in seats or come up with a more unique layout. Learning the right sectional lingo will help ensure you get the right pieces to create the layout that’s best for your apartment.” That said, Oglethorpe recommends four types of sectionals to look for before you start measuring (more on that below):
- L-Shaped Sectional: This is a sectional that looks like two sofas stuck together. Each side has seats and a back and there are sofa arms at the ends. The two sides can be the same length or one side can be longer than the other. “L-shaped sectionals work especially well in small spaces,” Oglethorpe explains. “While many people assume that large sectionals are for large rooms, you’ll get the most benefit from an L-shape…put one in a corner and you’ll maximize the use of a small space.”
- Chaise Sectional: A sectional made up of half a normal sofa and half a chaise, which is a long chair designed for putting your feet up. “Chaise sectionals are ideal for cuddling and double-wide chaises are best for narrow rooms,” says Oglethorpe. “They can provide extra seating, but their main purpose is to give you a seat where you can easily put your feet up. Because there’s no back to one section, these work well in spaces where you have a window or don’t want to close off an area.” She also adds: “If you want a chaise but need to keep a walkway open or don’t have a long wall to push it up against, opt for an extra-wide chaise. It’s twice the width and typically not as long as other chaises.”
- Modular Sectional: Finally, a modular sectional is made out of various pieces that are all the size of a single seat, meaning it can be reconfigured easily. “People get so excited over modular sectionals, which are sectionals where each seat is its own piece,” Oglethorpe adds. “What happens most often is that you quickly figure out the best configuration and just leave it that way. That said, if you tend to move a lot and really want a sectional, this might be the best choice for you. You can adjust the lengths of the sides as needed. Keep in mind that you’ll still need to pick out specific corner and end pieces (all the others are just armless chairs). You can also add in an ottoman or two to create chaises.”
How to Choose the Right Apartment Sectional
“When it comes to city living, the downside is that you’re usually making do with a smaller living space—and while your first instinct may be to downsize to smaller-than-normal furnishings, don’t!” Oglethorpe warns. “The trick to making a small space look bigger is to actually fill it with the largest furniture you can fit. By large, I don’t mean oversized—you don’t want to sacrifice having room to walk because you’re squeezing in an overstuffed sectional. I mean you should get the maximum-sized furniture you can, while still incorporating certain small-space design rules.” What are these design rules, you ask? Below, Oglethorpe provides a breakdown:
- Width: Measure the space and take away room for end tables and traffic flow (a good rule of thumb is 18 inches between the sofa and coffee table and 30 inches for a walkway). That is the maximum width you should aim for.
- Scale: Choose a piece with a narrower seat depth (which is the distance from the front edge of the cushion to the back of the seat). If you or your family members are on the petite side, you’ll probably want a shorter seat depth (shoot for 21 to 22 inches), so your feet will touch the ground. Taller individuals will find the majority of seat depths comfortable, but if you’re above 6-foot-2, you will probably prefer a deeper seat of at least 23 inches.
- Arm and Back Height: A style with a lower back and arm will keep the space looking open. If you have a smaller space, choose a sofa with a shorter British arm, which is low and set back with a slight roll. It brings a tailored look into a space and, while it does lend an air of formality, can also look at home in a casual cottage or beachy space. Plus, a lower-back sectional is also good if it’s going in front of a window and you don’t want to block the view.
- Cushions: The softness of sectional’s seat cushions is probably what you mean when you’re talking about comfort. Do you like that sink-down feeling when you sit on a piece of furniture? If so, Foam Fiber seat cushions and down back cushions are the right choice. Will it bother you to have an unkempt-looking sofa or to have to fluff pillows regularly? Down cushions can be more high maintenance than others because they need to be fluffed regularly. In this case, a down alternative back cushion is a great option for those that want a soft seat without as big of a fluffing requirement. Will you be buying leather? If you’re getting a leather chair or sofa, go with a spring core cushion to help reduce stretching. When a cushion is too soft, the leather stretches as you sit, ultimately forming a kind of puddle on top.
How We Chose the Best Apartment Sectionals
After researching the top-reviewed sectionals on the web, we vetted them based on its overall width, how tall its seat and back height are and what fill materials are used in the cushions. We also aimed to include options that offer white glove delivery (aka delivered and assembled in the home), so you won’t have to spend hours reading instruction manuals.
The Best Apartment Sectionals of 2023
Best Sectional Overall
- Overall Dimensions: customizable
- Delivery and Assembly: front door delivery, white glove available
- Why We Love It: modern with customizable configurations, available in 42+ hand-finished upholstery options, seat cushions have a medium firmness, removable cushion covers are machine-washable on delicate
With a modern frame, thin arms, a slim seat profile and tall cast metal legs, this is our go-to option for a stand-out sectional that is surprisingly easy to blend in. It has a completely customizable configuration, which means you can hand-pick the pieces to fit your space (while still having the option to add more down the road). Beyond that, however, the sectional’s frame is hand-built with a solid eucalyptus and engineered hardwood and it’s available in over 42 hand-finished upholstery options (which are designed to withstand everyday wear and tear). The back cushions are filled with foam and fiber, providing optimal comfort and support, and the seat itself is made to last. The sinuous springs and foam- and fiber-filled back cushions also provide ample support, while the seat cushions have fiber-wrapped, high-resiliency foam cores, which offer a medium firmness level of 4 on a scale from 1 to 5 (per the manufacturer). Plus, the sectional pieces include alligator clips that attach them together, so they won’t slide apart easily.
Viv, lifestyle blogger behind VivAndTimHome.com, writes: “At first, we were hesitant about the low back and whether the couch would be comfortable, since it looks like it could be on the stiffer side… This is NOT the case for the Andes! The sectional’s ‘standard’ depth of 40 inches is pretty deep to begin with, and they do offer an even deeper version (46 inches), but the standard would probably be deep enough for an average-sized person. We both rank it eight out of ten [on the comfort-scale] and we can honestly say that it has the perfect balance between looks and comfort.”
The sectional also gets bonus points for its zip-off covers that you can machine-wash on delicate (though, it’s worth mentioning that the care instructions recommend spot cleaning only): “After a machine wash on delicate, the material still looked as good as new…the stone twill fabric has been pet-friendly and has worn very well even after daily use and entertaining guests on a weekly basis.”
- Overall Dimensions: 60-100” W, 38” D, 34” H
- Delivery and Assembly: front-door delivery, white glove available
- Why We Love It: chic and fresh take on a classic slipcover design, five configuration options with customizable seating dimensions, cushions have a cloud-like feel and are individually channeled to resist sagging, comes in 18 performance fabric options
Perhaps our favorite (aka chicest) option on this list? ‘The Dune’ sectional by Maiden Home. It’s a fresh take on a classic slipcover design, where its clean lines and flange seams offer a relaxed vibe to its traditionally tailored polish. It features a handcrafted design with five configuration options—including L-shaped sectionals, chaise sectionals, U-shaped sectionals—and you can customize the seating dimensions of each configuration, from size/direction of the L-shaped sectional to the width of the chaise sectionals (from 90 to 132 inches wide). The kiln-dried, hardwood frame is precision-cut, so it’ll never twist, warp, or crack and its slim profile features double rows of sinuous springs at each end (aka where people sit most). The cushions also feature a high-resiliency core wrapped in down, feathers and fiber, providing a cloud-like, sink-in feel—and are individually channeled to resist sagging over time. The cherry on top? It offers multiple customizations (like a scatter/classic back) and comes in 18 performance fabric options—available in textured linen, stonewashed linen and chenille. The slipcover is also fully removable/machine washable, so it’s equal parts durable and easy to clean.
Take it from one reviewer, who’s had ‘The Dune’ in her home for over two years: “I have a white sofa that still looks new—and has seemingly gotten even more comfortable, now that it’s properly broken in. We’ve washed the slip covers probably a half dozen times over the past two years without issue.”
What's more, another person (who’s had it for over a year) also writes: “This couch is so comfortable…we have two dogs and they get dirt on it here and there, and it cleans right off. My second worry was the couch keeping shape. The cushions bounce right back to perfect, and I don't have to do it all the time like I thought I would. They are soft yet supportive and keep the shape! We want to buy another set of slip covers in a different color just to have them [because] this couch is built to last.”
Best Sectional Under $515
- Overall Dimensions: 79.9"W X 62.2"D x 35.4"H
- Delivery and Assembly: front-door delivery, no assembly options
- Why We Love It: compact and ideal for studio apartments, interchangeable chaise can be repositioned on either side of the sofa, solid wood frame and beech wood legs for durability, cushions are foam-padded, removable, and machine washable, plush stitch-tufting available in eight fabrics, easy assembly
If you’re looking for something compact, comfortable and durable (without blowing an entire month’s rent), this sleek retro number comes in at just over $500—and it hits every mark. First and foremost: Its 80-inch width was basically designed to accommodate studio apartments and the interchangeable chaise that can be repositioned on either side of the sofa (so feel free to Feng Shui it up). It also features a solid wood frame, beech wood legs and foam padding on the cushions—which also happen to be removable/machine washable. As for the design, it has a classic mid-century modern silhouette with tapered walnut legs and the plush stitch-tufting on back/bench seat is available in eight fabrics, including polyester performance linens (i.e., ultra-durable) and faux leather options (i.e., ultra-chic).
After nine months of living with this guy, one reviewer writes: “The cushions are super comfortable and the fabric is holding up well. It’s the perfect size for a medium-small living room and the mid-century modern look goes perfect in my apartment.”
Another person also says it’s “surprisingly substantial,” with “very thick and buoyant cushions and deep seat, so you can cuddle into it easily. Definitely big enough for two adults and a dog to lounge in front of the TV. Assembly is a no-brainer.”
- Overall Dimensions: customizable
- Delivery and Assembly: front door delivery, some assembly required
- Why We Love It: includes Stealthtech technology, completely customizable design with L-shape and U-shape options, storage seats available, deep sides, cushion covers are washable, can add extra seats/configurations over time
Here, a sectional that takes “customizable” a whole new meaning. Take it from commerce editor Olivia Dubyak, who awarded Lovesac 97 out of 100 points in a PureWow100 review for its 100 percent personalized design: “The size of the couch, material, pillow filling, arm shape and color are all customizable. You can choose a black, two-seater, chenille couch or a white, 12-seater, corded velvet couch with a rolled arm. And you can opt for storage seats and deep sides, and all cushion covers are washable.” Her favorite feature, however, is the sectional’s interchangeable design: “From a giant U-shape to an L-Shape to separating it into two couch areas, you can do almost any configuration…One of my fave configurations is when I put the seats in the center to shape it like a big mattress. My hubby and I have had high school-esque sleepovers out there plenty of times.” Plus, you won’t have to worry about sacrificing convenience for comfort here: “The cushions are nice and supportive, and if you find you have a favorite spot on the couch and notice some denting, it’s super easy to fluff out the filling to reshape them,” Dubyak adds.
That said, we haven’t even gotten to coolest feature: The sectional includes Lovesac’s newest innovation, Stealthtech, which features sound and charging equipment built into the couch that can hook up to your TV. “The Harman Kardon tech pairs with a soundbar that connects to your TV via Bluetooth and projects the sound from not only the soundbar, but also the arms of the couch, for an experience that’s more like being in a theater than sitting in your living room. You can also set your cell phone on designated areas on the arms to wirelessly charge, you know, should getting up to find an outlet prove too daunting,” Dubyak explains.
Her only stipulation? “[The sectional’s pieces are heavy], and since it’s so customizable, you have to move each individual piece into wooden feet so it stays in place. I suggest grabbing the Sactionals Mini Blocks Set so you can try out different couch layouts for your space before you move it.”
Best Chaise Sectional
- Overall Dimensions: 102.4"W x 65.7"D x 33.1"H
- Delivery and Assembly: Front-door delivery, white glove available
- Why We Love It: Low-profile and compact design is ideal for smaller spaces, supportive yet springy seat, plushy back cushions offer cloud-like sink, metal legs are customizable in black, brass, and silver, 4 velvet and linen fabric options are spill- and stain-resistant, cushion covers are removable and machine-washable
Compact, contemporary and beyond comfortable—this sectional’s low-profile build and slim, 102.4-inch width ensures is perfect for anyone who’s working with a smaller space. The cushions are made from foam, fiber and pocketed spring coils, which give it a supportive yet springy feel, and the plushy back cushions were designed to be ‘relaxed’ for a cloud-like sink. It also has a sleek, modern silhouette with straight metal legs—customizable in black, brass and silver—and comes in four velvet and linen fabric options that were all engineered to be spill- and stain-resistant. Oh, and did we mention that the cushion covers are also removable and machine-washable?
“I live in a studio apartment and needed a couch under 75 inches. This is so much more comfortable than my previous couch [and] the dove grey color with gold hardware is lovely. My cat already left her mark on [the cushions], but luckily the covers come off and wash easily,” writes one reviewer. To that end, countless reviewers also seem to be raving over the feel and durability of the fabric: “We ordered this couch in early 2020 and have been enjoying it daily since. It has a nice delicate footprint, but the fabric is sturdy, stain-resistant and SO soft. It's comfortable for a full night's sleep and still looks great in year three,” writes one person.
Plus, another person adds: “This couch can withstand my toddler and baby with ease! The cushions are marbled oatmeal and easy to wipe and throw into the wash.”
Best L-Shaped Sectional
- Overall Dimensions: 97”W x 75”D x 36”H
- Delivery and Assembly: Front-door delivery, white glove available
- Why We Love It: Timeless design that combines modern European seating with casual details, customizable with a range of configurations, 118 upholstery options with Crypton performance fabrics, down-blend-wrapped cushions provide a soft and supple feel, durable hardwood frame and steel sinuous springs
It’s no secret that traditional, American heritage interiors are trending right now—and this is a Pottery Barn sectional that’s guaranteed to never go out of style. It combines the elegant, clean lines of modern European seating with casual design details, like a relaxed baseball stitching, so it’s just as trendy as it is timeless. (Not to mention that there 118 fabric options available, which range from performance weaves and breathable linens to velvets, chenille, denim and more). The configuration is also customizable with a left- or right-arm loveseat, corner chair, and left- or right-armchair, and features removable square tapered legs finished in a rich espresso. And of course, you have the down-blend-wrapped cushions—which provide a soft and supple feel, while no-sag steel sinuous springs offer cushion support. The air-dried hardwood frame adds to its durability as well, where mortise-and-tenon joinery ensures it won’t snap over time.
“[After three years], we still love the comfort factor of our sofas. We’ve found that they have gotten comfier with time and the fabric has worn so well. [Our] cats have [smashed] the cushions as much as possible, but with a little fluffing they go right back to their normal shape…This is the beauty of the down cushions. They can be re-shaped back to normal, unlike cheap poly-filled cushions…We haven’t had any issues with the fabric pilling either. The sofas essentially still look as good as the day we got them,” explains Sarah Stewart, lifestyle blogger behind LifeOnVirginiaStreet.com.
She also mentions: “We have been shocked by the durability and stain resistance of the Performance Everydaylinen by Crypton fabric. We’ve spilled wine, food, chocolate (that melted overnight), cat sickness one week, and more. We’ve been able to clean it all with a wet paper towel (just water!) and a little effort. The stains have yet to stick and everything that’s come the fabric’s way in the past year has been removed.”
Best Modular Sectional
- Overall Dimensions: Customizable
- Delivery and Assembly: In-home delivery is included in shipping costs
- Why We Love It: Buildable with right-seaters, left-seaters, corner units and ottomans, can add/remove seats or tables and reconfigure as time goes on, deep-seat construction with two densities of foam, 19 upholstery options including performance fabrics, heavy-duty metal clips at the side to keep seats together
Looking for something that you know you’ll be able to take with you to your next apartment? This sectional has infinitely modular design that adapts to your living space—and you can add/remove seats and tables and reconfigure as time goes on. Basically, it has a build your own sectional tool, where you can customize your sectional with right-seaters, left-seaters, corner units, ottomans (or you can go with the pre-configured three-seater shown above). Each piece features the same deep-seat construction, featuring two densities of foam: one for a soft landing that doesn’t sacrifice support and another in the backrest for an extra-plush feel. It’s also built with a sturdy engineered wood framework and comes in 19 upholstery options, which include performance fabrics that resist stains and let spills bead up for easy blotting. Plus, each piece features heavy-duty metal clips at the side that can keep your seats together while still allowing you to rearrange as needed.
Take it from one reviewer, who says: “ Bought this for our living room (which also happens to be where the kids are always playing). The modular nature makes for limitless fort building and play options. Fabric has also stood-up well to jelly spills and more. Cushions have bounced back (a lot) for their intermittent use as trampolines.”
Plus, other reviewers are loving the cushy design: “The rounded corners are surprisingly soft (no hard edges here) and the sofa appears to be slightly elevated off the floor, so it doesn't look heavy, despite it's rather large size for my small living room. It's also long enough for someone to sleep on—and my guests confirm: it's, again, SO COMFY.”
Most Compact Sectional
- Overall Dimensions: 62" L x 60.5" D x 33" H
- Delivery and Assembly: Front door delivery, no tools required for assembly
- Why We Love It: Deep 21-inch seats and overstuffed foam cushions, modular design allows for easy reconfiguration, can add sectional pieces over time, stain-resistant and easy-to-clean fabric options
Tiny-apartment dwellers, this one goes out to you. This sectional features a 62-inch length by a 60.5-inch depth that basically guarantees it’ll fit into that tiny corner. And don’t let its meager size fool you; this guy was designed with lounging in mind, where it includes deep 21-inch seats, overstuffed foam cushions and four stain-resistant and easy-to-clean fabric options that are soft-to-the-touch. The frame is also built with sustainably sourced hardwoods and bent plywood, with each panel connected by reinforced steel hardware for stability. The best part? The frame is constructed with a modular grid platform, which means each piece of can be easily connected/disconnected from one another and reconfigured in various layouts. It also means you can justify its (not so inexpensive) price tag with the option to add pieces when it’s time to move to a bigger apartment.
“Surprisingly comfy! I’ve even slept on it once while my husband got sick and had no problems at all. We’ve already rearranged the setup twice—our Christmas tree took up a lot of space. After we put the tree away, we put it back. Literally amazing. We didn’t have to feel ‘stuck’ with a layout which makes life as an indecisive decorator much easier,” one person writes.
Another reviewer raved about how easy it is to fluff up the cushions after they’ve been lounged on, adding that it’s pretty pet-friendly, too: “ Golden Retriever hair is easily vacuumed off and toys that wander underneath can easily be retrieved! 10/10 would recommend for long-haired dog owners.”
- Overall Dimensions: 121"W x 76"D x 34"H
- Delivery and Assembly: Front door delivery, no tools required for assembly
- Why We Love It: 30-inch seat depth, feather-fiber blended cushions with mattress-quality foam, modular design, suspension system in the foundation for superior support, apartment-tailored delivery, available in velvet and linen fabrics, spill- and stain-resistant finish
Here, you have the coziest option on this list. This sectional’s 30-inch seat depth features feather-fiber blended cushions and mattress-quality foam for the ultimate cloud-like feel. Add to that the fact that it comes in four dreamy velvet color options—along with beige, grey and charcoal linen fabrics—and the seat cushions have black mesh backing to keep them in place when you lounge. The removable seat cushions are easy to spot-clean, too, and the back cushions have a reversible, fully upholstered design (so you can flip them over to keep things looking fresh). Then, to top it all off, it features a modular design that you can mix and match, and the base of each sectional piece includes a foam-topped, webbing and spring suspension system that offers superior support. It’s also worth mentioning that this guy has an apartment-tailored delivery, where the pieces arrive in boxes that are intentionally designed to be easy to move through tight spaces. (And there are no tools required for assembly).
“This is THE MOST comfortable couch I've ever sat on,” writes one reviewer. “Everytime I lounge on it, it makes me sleepy. My kids always ask to sleep on it and even my toddler has claimed it as his new nap spot…I should also add, for all of you with small children that are allowed to snack in the living room, the fabric is very easy to clean and wipe off. So far, we've had an apple juice spill, yogurt pouch and Cheeto dust tragedies and [the] juice sort of just ran right off, the applesauce didn't soak in and the Cheeto dust wiped right off with a warm rag.”
Another reviewer adds, “The couch is very deep, and I love that I actually have room to cuddle with my boyfriend during our favorite shows—normally other couches are too small so we end up feeling crowded. This thing can comfortably sit [four to five] people…also, my son is 11 months and has drooled/gotten food on it a few times and everything has come off with no residue by wiping with just a damp cloth.”
Most Durable Sectional
- Overall Dimensions: Customizable
- Delivery and Assembly: In-home delivery included, assembly not required
- Why We Love It: 200+ fabric options include stain-resistant, kid and pet-friendly options, 15 different configurations, foundation is independently tested to support cushions without snapping and eliminate sagging, cushions are encased in down-proof ticking for added durability, removable and machine-washable covers
Speaking of family-friendly sectionals, you’ll be hard-pressed to find something more durable—and customizable—than this one from Crate and Barrel. First, let’s start with the over 200 (!!) upholstery options. Not only do these range from linen, microfiber, bouclé, twill, chenille—you name it—but you can also filter the fabric options to center around ‘stain-resistant,’ ‘kid- and pet-friendly’ and ‘highly durable’ swatches. The frame of the sectional is constructed with the same durability in mind, where it’s bench-made with kiln-dried hardwood to prevent warping—and the spring-up foundation has been independently tested to support cushions without snapping and eliminate sagging. The fiber-down blend seat/bench cushions are also unique, where each one is made from soy-based polyfoam, wrapped in a fiber-down blend and encased in down-proof ticking to prevent feathers from poking out. (Yes, the cushions are all removable/machine-washable). And as if its high-grade construction wasn’t enough, the sectional also allows for 15 different configurations—so you can choose between an L-shape or chaise sectional that’s custom-tailored to fit your space.
“I purchased this 5 years ago and it still looks and feels fantastic,” one reviewer says. “The down-wrapped foam cushions are supportive (you don’t sink in) but so comfortable. Because I went with a [kid- and pet-friendly fabric], there’s no pressure on my little boys to ‘keep off’—my son drew all over the back of the couch with a washable marker and it came out!! I can’t say enough about this couch, [its] sturdy frame and how it’s holding up to some pretty hard wear.”
Another reviewer also notes: “I don't sink into the springs when I sit down—it fully supports me—and is so comfortable. Because my space is really small (13 feet by 17 feet), I had to custom order. One side is 58 inches and the other is 70 inches with a 43-inch corner piece in the middle. It's a large piece of furniture, but it actually makes the room look bigger.”
Best Sleeper Sectional
- Overall Dimensions: 105"W x 64"D x 31.5"H
- Delivery and Assembly: Front door delivery, in-room assembly available
- Why We Love It: Full-sized memory foam mattress is hidden beneath the seat cushions, storage compartment in the chaise provides a 64-inch length of space for storing bedding and pillows, bottom cushion doubles as a headboard when the bed is made up
Entertaining and your guests had one too many? Sofa bed. In-laws unexpectedly show up? Sofa bed. Like to fall asleep in front of the TV? Sofa bed. Article’s sleeper hits every box, where it was designed to be just as soft as it is versatile. First, you have the sectional itself, which features high-density, foam-padded seat and back cushions (all with removable/hand-washable covers) and a Kiln-dried Eucalyptus base with stainless steel legs that were designed with durability in mind. Then, you have the pull-out, memory foam mattress (full-sized) that’s nestled beneath the seat cushions of the sectional. But what makes this guy really stand out is its hidden storage compartment in the chaise. The end piece features a lift-top design with a 64-inch length where you can store all of your guest’s blankets, pillows and bedding needs (without taking up precious space in the linen closet).
One reviewer writes: “The couch is sturdy, even heavy, and feels like it will last a long time. It has endured puppy playtime and even puppy pee on the back cushion, which didn't even soak through pillow cover, and a few human spills...So far nothing that I can't get out with cleaner! The sleeper is comfortable enough for my mom to sleep on when she visits, and I appreciate the design feature of the bottom cushion acting as a stylish headboard when the bed is made up.”
Best Patio Sectional
- Overall Dimensions: 75.25”W x 54.38”D x 32.38”H
- Delivery and Assembly: Front door delivery, assembly available
- Why We Love It: L-shaped design perfect for small apartment balconies or larger patios, can comfortably seat up to 3 people without taking up too much space, all-weather wicker frame, rust-resistant, thick seat and back cushions filled with 100% polyester fiber, waterproof outer fabric that's easy to clean with soap and water
Last but not least: something for your apartment balcony. This Opalhouse sectional features an L-shaped design with a slim, all-weather wicker frame that’s perfect for small corners (or even as a stand-alone piece in larger spaces). It measures 75.25 inches in width by 54.38 inches in depth, so it can comfortably seat up to 3 people—without consuming an entire 85-inch wall. While the thick seat and back cushions are stuffed with 100 percent polyester fiber, the outer fabric is constructed to be weather resistant and ultra-easy to clean with soap and water. To that end, it’s also finished with a rust-resistant and weather-resistant coating on its aluminum frame, so you can be sure it’ll last season after season.
“The design is what drew me to [this sectional], so it’s a bonus that it’s actually super comfy (after adding some throw pillows)...I love that the couch and chaise are separate pieces that are connected by metal clips as it will be so much easier to move indoors this winter.” That said, it’s also worth noting another reviewer's size warning: “This piece is super cute and perfect for small spaces! I initially struggled with the measurement clarification, so in case anyone else is wondering, the entire length of the assembled piece from arm to arm is about 75 inches and the depth of the chaise is about 54 inches. I would say only two people can fit on this comfortably; three would be a bit snug.”
Want to know which buzzy products are *really* worth buying? Sign up for our shopping newsletter to uncover our favorite finds.