Does the phrase “fruit salad” conjure up memories of underripe banana and overripe blueberries slip-sliding together in a bowl? Us too. But fruit salad doesn’t have to be a confused mélange of out-of-season ingredients or an afterthought to an otherwise delicious menu. Think more “cantaloupe caprese” and less “came from a plastic tub,” and you might never go back to lettuce again. We’re totally kidding, but these 40 fruit salad recipes aren’t messing around.
40 Fruit Salad Recipes That Are Actually Exciting
2. 20-minute Burrata Salad With Stone Fruit And Asparagus
This one is almost no-cook and won’t wilt when you set it out in 90-degree weather.
3. Grilled Watermelon-feta Skewers
Skip the salad bowls in favor of skewers. No one will complain.
4. Corn Fritter Caprese With Peaches And Tomatoes
Ahem, tomatoes and corn are both technically fruits. Besides, this one is too delicious to omit.
5. End Of Summer Fruit Salad
Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because you’re digging into a plate of peaches, blueberries and watermelon.
6. Summertime Fruit Salad
Head to the farmers market in the a.m..; whip up this refreshing side dish come dinnertime. The exact fruits aren’t too important as long as they’re ripe. (The secret is the maple-lemon dressing.)
7. Strawberry Mango Mint Julep Fruit Salad With Whipped Marshmallow
We’ve had marshmallows in our salad before, but never like this. (Psst, it’s also spiked with bourbon simple syrup.)
9. Peach And Tomato Caprese Salad
Sweet peaches give this popular dish a juicy twist, and the tangy white balsamic vinaigrette ties everything together.
10. The Best Winter Fruit Salad
Fruit salad doesn’t have to be reserved for summer alone. This one features cranberries, clementine, pomegranates and pears, all tossed in a honey-lime-poppyseed syrup.
11. Citrus Avocado Salad
We love the way the creamy avocado contrasts with the sharp raw onion and all that citrus.
13. Blackberry Goat Cheese Salad
Make this one in late summer, when the blackberries are so plump and ripe, they’re practically bursting.
14. Summer Tomato Cantaloupe Salad
Tomato and cantaloupe are an unlikely pairing…until you taste them together. They’re both earthy, a little bit sweet and juicy enough to slurp off the plate.
15. Tropical Fruit Salad
Behold, vacation in a bowl.
16. Grapefruit Anise Salad
Grapefruit can be slightly bitter on its own, but that’s what the anise-scented simple syrup is for.
17. Berry Caprese Salad
This has “midsummer picnic” written all over it.
18. Berry Cantaloupe Salad
Cubed melon feels a little lazy, but balled melon makes this salad oh-so-fancy.
19. Tuscan Summer Stone Fruit, Tomato And Burrata Panzanella Salad
Spread all that sun-ripened fruit on your prettiest charcuterie board, add some gooey burrata and croutons, then watch it disappear.
20. Creamy Grape Salad
So you’ve never heard of grape salad? It’s about to become your new barbecue staple.
21. Fresh Cantaloupe And Cucumber Salad
Fun fact: Cucumber is also a fruit.
23. Summer Peach Spinach Salad With Avocado, Toasted Almonds And Goat Cheese
It’s like the hip younger cousin of the strawberry salad that defined the ’90s.
24. Watermelon Peach Salad With Feta And Mint
Peak summer fruit meets briny feta and a simple garlicky vinaigrette. What more could you want?
25. Blood Orange And Avocado Salad
Blood orange is just the thing to brighten up a dreary winter dinner.
26. Cherry And Peach Panzanella
Trust us, this is worth all that slicing and pitting.
27. Melon Salad With Chili Powder, Mint, Lime And Flaky Sea Salt
It’s spicy, sweet, sour and salty in all the right ways (plus it takes minutes to make).
29. Black Fig And Tomato Salad
You know when your ingredients are so fresh, they’re almost better left untouched? That’s when you should make this dish.
31. Peach And Pita Panzanella With Burrata And Dukkah
Dukkah is an Egyptian and Middle Eastern condiment made of herbs, nuts and spices. This one features pistachios, walnuts, sesame, coriander and cumin—yum.
32. Blueberry, Melon And Feta Fruit Salad Stacks
This is one ingenious way to get your kids to eat fruit.
33. Summer Stone Fruit Salad
For some, summer is about beach books and SPF. For us, it’s about peaches, plums and cherries galore.
34. Melon Basil Burrata Salad With Crispy Prosciutto
We can’t get enough of this sweet-salty flavor combination.
35. Mixed Citrus And Fennel Salad
If you’re not taking advantage of winter’s citrus bounty, you’re totally missing out. The fennel adds a subtle herby bite.
36. Watermelon, Blackberry And Mint Salad
Sure, you could just set out a bowl of watermelon. Or you could add lime juice, mint and blackberries and stun the crowd.
37. Mexican Papaya Salad
The toasted coconut garnish is optional, but the cilantro lime dressing is not.
38. Tropical Avocado Salad
Mango, avocado and Champagne vinaigrette walk into a bar…
40. Avocado Strawberry Caprese Salad
Bring on that balsamic drizzle.