27 Delicious Lunch Ideas for Days When You Just Can’t Eat Another Boring Sandwich
Face it. You can only have kale Caesar salad and a turkey sandwich for lunch so many times before you’re completely and utterly sick of the not-so-exciting midday meal. We can help: Here are 27 delicious lunch ideas to lean on when you’re totally bored of the usual.
1. Meal-Prep Turkey Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles
This combo of protein, veggies and your favorite jarred sauce will last you almost the entire work week.
2. Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
Sometimes you just need to let your inner child be in charge of the lunch menu.
3. Mini Chicken Shawarma
The recipe you didn’t know you needed to shake your chicken rut. Thanks, tangy yogurt sauce.
4. Easy Stir-Fried Rice Cakes with XO Sauce
You can find fresh rice cakes or XO sauce at Chinese or Korean grocery stores, right by the tofu or fresh noodles. Finish it with steamed broccoli or bok choy.
5. 15-Minute Mediterranean Couscous with Tuna and Pepperoncini
It’s as simple as boiling water and opening a can of tuna.
6. Crispy Tofu Bánh Mi
Trust us. Between the homemade pickled veggies and spicy mayo, you won’t miss the pork.
7. Rotisserie Chicken Ramen
The ultimate antidote for cold, long winter days. Did we mention it only takes 35 minutes to make?
8. Indian Salad Bowl with Crunchy Chickpeas
Be still our spice-loving hearts. The garbanzos are roasted in curry powder, smoked paprika and shredded coconut.
9. Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken and Avocado Salad
Barley, tomatoes, red onion, oh my!
10. Cauliflower Fried Rice
Nothing against our favorite takeout spot, but sometimes we’re not patient enough to wait 25 minutes for lunch.
11. Meal-Prep Honey Sesame Chicken with Broccolini
These sweet-and-salty thighs are sure to hold you over until dinnertime.
12. Blackberry-Peach Grilled Cheese
Meet your childhood favorite, all grown up. BTW, there are three types of cheese in this one sandwich.
13. Meal-Prep Creamy Pasta Salad with Broccoli and Raisins
Not only does it cost about $1.50 a serving, it’ll also last for up to five days in the fridge.
14. Chickpea and Vegetable Coconut Curry
This Thai-inspired beauty can accommodate all the sad-looking, wilted vegetables you’re eager to get rid of.
15. Buffalo Chicken Wraps with Blue Cheese and Celery
Store-bought rotisserie chicken does it again! (Yeah, there’s no actual cooking involved here.)
16. BLT Pasta Salad
Who needs bread when there’s pasta this satisfying.
17. Rainbow Collard Wraps with Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
Vibrant veggies and a tangy, spicy dip make this dish look (and taste) like it came from a fancy vegan restaurant.
18. 15-Minute Cheater’s Pad Thai
Complete with rice noodles, ground pork, bean sprouts and peanuts.
19. Avocado Egg Salad
Diced avocado, Dijon mustard and capers make a sandwich spread that’s equal parts creamy and tangy.
20. Cold Lemon Zoodles
The most summery pasta salad doesn’t actually include pasta at all. And how pretty are those sliced radishes?
21. Oven-Baked Chicken Kofta Wraps
Sure, lettuce wraps are a healthy alternative to tortillas. But the real perk is how crunchy and refreshing they are.
22. 10-Minute Macaroni and Cheese in a Mug
Forget boiling water, or even turning on the stove. Milk and cheese will get the job done in the microwave.
23. Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers
Sorry, mayonnaise. You’ll have to sit this one out.
24. Lunch Kebabs with Mortadella, Artichoke and Sun-Dred Tomatoes
Somehow deli meat is a lot more appetizing when it’s on a stick.
25. Shredded Thai Salad with Avocado
And the award for prettiest lunch goes to…
26. Chicken Pesto Focaccia Sandwiches
The bread gets a schmear of almond-basil pesto before being topped with chicken, feta, greens and sundried tomatoes.
27. Italian Deli Pinwheel Sandwiches
Pretty enough for a picnic, easy enough for a lazy lunch.