Over the last few years, we’ve really come to enjoy shower time. What used to be another rushed task has since become a small moment of personal time to literally wash the day away. Apart from queuing up some calming tunes, we’ve found that using an aromatic body wash can really elevate the entire experience. Whether you prefer a fresh scent like Dove or a tropical fragrance like Sol De Janeiro , here are the 23 best-smelling body washes to suit every mood and preference.
The 23 Best-Smelling Body Washes for Every Preference
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
The Best-Smelling Body Washes at a Glance
Meet the Experts:
- Natalia Lebedev is a chief fragrance officer for Native, a personal care brand that sells deodorants, body washes, soaps, shampoos and toothpaste. The brand focuses on using clean ingredients and out-of-the-box scents in all of their products.
- Dr. Annie Chiu is a board-certified dermatologist at the Derm Institute in California. She has over a decade of experience, specializing in cosmetic dermatology such as fillers, neuromodulators and Kybella. Dr. Chiu also acts as a skincare consultant for brands like Vichy, SkinMedica and Skinstore.
What Should I Look for in a Scented Body Wash?
Plain and simple, you want to find a fragrance that appeals to your senses. “A scented body wash should make you feel pampered and happy. This is an indulgence for yourself, so you want something that will help you feel your best,” says Labedev.” Ask yourself: Are you into warm and musky scents like vanilla, sandalwood or amber? Or do you prefer crisp notes like eucalyptus, mint or cedar? Maybe fruity scents with apples or berries are more up your alley? Or floral notes like rose, lavender or jasmine? There are so many combinations out there, so don’t be afraid to try a few to find the right choice for you.
How We Chose the Best-Smelling Body Wash
We tapped our very own editors and various experts, who vouched for all of the heavenly-scented body washes featured on this list. To round out our selections, we also included some current top sellers from Amazon, Ulta Beauty, Sephora and Target. From citrusy scents to floral fragrances, here are the 23 best-smelling body washes to take your shower to the next level.
Want to know which buzzy products are *really* worth buying? Sign up for our shopping newsletter to uncover our favorite finds.
Best Citrus Scent
- What We Like: sleek bottle, garden-fresh scent, easily giftable
- What We Don’t Like: formula can be drying for some skin types
- Scent Notes: geranium leaf, mandarin rind, bergamot rind
- Standout Review: “This Aēsop body cleanser is my absolute favorite treat-yourself body wash. It smells fresh and green in a spa-like botanical way.” — Katherine Gillen, PureWow Food Editor
If you’re all about setting the mood in your shower, you’ll love Aēsop's sleek apothecary-style bottles and intoxicating scents. This one has an invigorating citrusy aroma with notes of mandarin rind, bergamot rind and geranium leaf. The deeply cleansing gel removes grime and odor, while offering a soothing (and generous) lather. As one fan explains, “Aesop is pure quality [and] this particular body cleansing gel smells like a garden of geraniums. A little goes a long way so the price reflects cost effectiveness. It's pure heaven in a bottle!”
- What We Like: rich lather, great for sensitive skin
- What We Don’t Like: comes in a relatively small bottle
- Scent Notes: almond, coconut
- Standout Review: “I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m not huge on fragrance-heavy products, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love a subtle fragrance here and there. I find this body wash to smell mildly sweet, no doubt thanks to that genius mixture of almond and coconut oil. Plus, there’s a subtle hint of lavender (my favorite!) that puts me at ease.” — Stephanie Meraz, PureWow Associate Fashion Commerce Editor
Some of us prefer a scent that’s not going to overwhelm our senses, which is precisely why this subtle pick from Fur made the list. It’s formulated with nourishing sweet almond oil and vitamin E, as well as castor seed oil, which is rich in fatty acids that protect the skin barrier. The wash also delivers a gentle milky lather that leaves your skin feeling silky smooth. Shoppers say it’s a great option for those with sensitive skin, as you can work it all over with no irritation (even over delicate areas). “I’ve had issues for years balancing my PH down there. My esthetician gave me some samples of Fur products for post-wax care and I immediately noticed a difference in how I felt down there after using the all body wash,” says one shopper.
- What We Like: luxurious bottle, super hydrating, calms irritated skin, rich lather, giftable
- What We Don’t Like: small size, pricey
- Scent Notes: eucalyptus
- Standout Review: "It has a really nice lather and tingly, refreshing feel while it’s sud-sing, along with a pleasant eucalyptus scent. The silky body wash rinses easily, leaving no film, just a fresher feeling." — Dana Dickey, PureWow Senior Editor
Whether you have a weakness for luxurious beauty products or hope to turn your bathroom into a spa-like experience, this body cleanser from Augustinus Bader has your name all over it. Brought to you by the same brand that gives us the skin-transforming The Rich Cream (seriously, just read our review), it not only features AB's signature Trigger Factor Complex, a vitamin-and-peptide-packed formula that supports cellular renewal and powers some of our favorite skincare products, it's also infused with the refreshing scent of eucalyptus, which studies show can help ease anxiety and aid in relaxation. In fact, 100 percent of users agree that the scent made them feel revitalized and relaxed, according to a consumer survey by the brand. Better yet, the nourishing formula was shown to improve overall skin hydration by a whopping 128 percent after just eight weeks of use, per the brand's clinical trials. So it comes in a good-looking bottle, has an extremely hydrating formula and may help ease your stress with just a shower? How can you turn that down?
- What We Like: affordable price, great for combination and dry skin
- What We Don’t Like: bottle design
- Scent Notes: cherry
- Standout Review: “I started getting into scented body washes recently and this one made me become a huge fan. The cherry scent is heavenly and reminds of a sweet cherry pie. It’s not overpowering and it has such a nice lather. I can smell a hint of fruitiness on my skin long after I step out of the shower” — Chelsea Candelario, PureWow Associate Editor
Fan of fruity scents? This body wash by Dove is infused with a delightful cherry and chia milk fragrance, and the formula itself works to gently cleanse and moisturize the skin. The brand claims it can restore moisture in your skin for over 24 hours, which we haven’t tested against a clock per say, but we have noticed that it leaves our limbs feeling super soft and smooth the moment we step out of the shower. Hardcore Dove stans appreciate the silky texture and rich lather. As one reviewer notes, “My body is so soft and my skin feels refreshed! The smell is great as well. You’ve [upped] the bar Dove, thank you!”
- What We Like: rich lather, long-lasting scent
- What We Don’t Like: might be drying for some skin types
- Scent Notes: bergamot, tea rose, amber
- Standout Review: “I’m already a big fan of the brand’s body scrub, so once I found out there’s a body wash version of my favorite scent, I had to start using it immediately. It has a foamy lather that’s gentle on my skin. I also appreciate that the floral fragrance is subtle yet fills my shower.” — Chelsea Candelario, PureWow Associate Editor
This TikTok favorite brand is beloved for their body scrubs, so when they launched a body wash collection this year, buyers flocked to get their hands on it. The formula includes Moroccan argan oil, which is known to improve elasticity and hydrate dry skin. The foamy wash also features rosehip oil to help refine skin texture and shea butter, which has been shown to deeply moisturize and soften dry skin. Ingredients aside, reviewers can’t stop talking about the signature floral fragrance, featuring key notes of bergamot, tea rose and amber.
Best Floral Scent
- What We Like: silky formula, contains plant-based ingredients
- What We Don’t Like: a bit pricey
- Scent Notes: jasmine, damask rose oil, bergamot oil
- Standout Review: “This body wash is not as floral-forward as the name implies. It has solid notes of pink peppercorn and bergamot essential oil in the mix, so the overall scent is more vacationing-on-the-Mediterranean than Grandma’s rose garden. The rose scent is more green than sweet, and the three kinds of oil in the formula (including my fave jojoba) leaves my skin feeling super-soft and fresh. The recyclable aluminum bottle also looks so elegant displayed in my bathroom—plus, the pump is reusable on future FE products.” — Dana Dickey, PureWow Senior Editor
This scent will transport you to the Mediterranean coastline or at least take shower time up a notch. Its blend of jasmine, damask rose oil and bergamot oil is borderline sweet but grounded by a musky fragrance. A closer look at the formula and you’ll see that it features babassu oil, a fatty acid known to soothe and add moisture to the skin. There’s also olive oil, an antioxidant-rich ingredient that locks in moisture, and jojoba oil for even more hydration.
- What We Like: comes with reusable bottle and refills, BIPOC-owned
- What We Don’t Like: difficult to lather, may be drying for some skin types
- Scent Notes: waterlily dew
- Standout Review: “We were skeptical about a new body wash—after all, how many dozens exist on the market already?—but Blueland shines on a few fronts: It has a light, silky lather that feels cleansing and moisturizing. [Plus,] the scents are mild yet enchanting.” — Candace Davison, PureWow VP of Editorial
Blueland, the company known for its household cleaners, entered the personal care space in 2022 with a powder-to-gel body wash. The gel has a light, silky lather that feels cleansing and moisturizing (no post-shower tightness here). Of the three available options, our VP of Editorial’s pick is “Waterlily Dew,” which, according to her, has a “mellow, fresh rain scent with just a tiny whiff of nectarine.” One more thing: The Starter Kit comes with a reusable bottle and three powder refills, which eliminates a ton of the bulky packaging you typically get from body washes. Win-win.
- What We Like: contains plant-based ingredients, bottle is made of 50 percent recycled plastic
- What We Don’t Like: may not be suitable for sensitive or eczema-prone skin
- Scent Notes: peony, rose water, pink sea salt
- Standout Review: “I've been using this for several years now. It's the perfect uplifting scent to wake you up in the morning that's not too perfume-y or overpowering. It's also a nice floral scent that doesn't come off as "my grandma,” which is a rare find.” — Nicole Briese, PureWow Commerce Director
Looking for a floral scent that’s instantly calming? Infused with peony, rose water and pink sea salt, the nourishing wash aims to moisturize and soften your skin. As one reviewer shares, “This is the perfect floral scent that smells modern and light. I typically go for fruity or fresh scents (cucumber, white tea) but this is a really nice change of pace that does not leave me smelling like perfume. It also never irritates my skin or leaves me itchy and [it] washes off cleanly without [causing] dryness or tightness afterwards. It's now my go-to, and I am pumped to get it in the new bottle.”
The Cult Classic
- What We Like: has a creamy lather, no residue, great for all skin types
- What We Don’t Like: strong scent, finicky pump
- Scent Notes: spices, fruits, herbs
- Standout Review: “If you want a body wash that smells like a spa without spending an arm and a leg—this is for you. It lathers nicely, isn’t drying and smells clean and herbal.” — Mcarreira, a Target reviewer
This gel is a true classic with legions of fans who have been using it for decades. Between the velvety lather it produces and the fragrant scent (a signature blend of spices, fruits and herbs) that fills your shower, it’s like a spa in a bottle. Best of all, it rinses clean and leaves your limbs feeling silky soft without leaving behind any slick residue (for those who dislike that feeling). “I’ve used it for years, tried others, but always come back to Rainbath,” wrote one reviewer, while another boasted that they’ve “been using it for 30 years.”
- What We Like: has a grounding scent, offers a light exfoliation, great for combination and dry skin
- What We Don’t Like: pricey, may not be good for sensitive skin
- Scent Notes: woodsy, earthy
- Standout Review: “I love this body wash. It smells really nice in [the] shower. It makes my skin feel [softer]. There is no lingering scent after the shower, which is great for me!” — Jan, a Sephora reviewer
Every time we use this wash, our humble bathroom turns into a little den, (especially if we close our eyes to the surrounding clutter). The woodsy scent is deeply grounding and mood-boosting, thanks to an essential oil blend of hiba, cedar, and hinoki woods, all of which contain phytoncides, or chemical compounds emitted by trees that are scientifically shown to increase well-being. The wash itself also has cellulose in it to give a gentle, non-scratchy exfoliation. It also gets a stamp of approval from our derm expert: “It does double duty [in the shower]. It smells great and it exfoliates well,” says Dr. Chiu.
- What We Like: packed with vitamins, non-drying formula, hypoallergenic
- What We Don’t Like: pricey, doesn’t lather well
- Scent Notes: eucalyptus
- Standout Review: “I was super excited to try this body wash after all the buzz on TikTok and it lived up to my expectations! [It] smells great, didn't irritate my skin and it’s a pretty big bottle for the price.” — Dawn, a Nécessaire reviewer
With sleek minimalist packaging that complements any bath or shower, this buzzy body wash is a favorite among beauty editors and celebrities alike. What makes it so darn good, you ask? This gel-oil hybrid has a thick texture and acts as an emollient, leaving your skin feeling clean but not squeakily so. Formulated with a mild pH level and loaded with vitamins and fatty acids (like niacinamide, glycerin and marula oil), it’s like a cleanser and treatment in one. Plus, users say the eucalyptus fragrance isn’t overpowering in the slightest; instead, it evokes a clean, airy spa vibe in your shower.
- What We Like: perfume-like scent, foamy lather
- What We Don’t Like: pricey
- Scent Notes: jasmine, rose, patchouli
- Standout Review: “I absolutely love this product. It has a soft, gentle foaminess and it’s kind to my skin and rinses clean. All with the delicious fragrance of Mademoiselle. [It] makes me want to [stay] far too long in the shower.” — A Chanel reviewer
File this under small life luxuries (or future gifts for mom). This decadent wash features one of Chanel's most beloved scents. Buyers describe this shower gel as feeling light and fresh on your skin with a classic fragrance that lasts long after you wash. Packed with notes of jasmine, rose, and patchouli, you can absolutely skip your usual spritz of perfume if you want.
Best for Itchy Skin
- What We Like: gives agentle cleanse, great for sensitive skin
- What We Don’t Like: thin consistency, finicky pump
- Scent Notes: coconut
- Standout Review: “I have used this body wash for years. It is mild enough to use on incisions and after cancer radiation treatments. I’ve also used it when I had an allergic reaction to surgical dermabond.” — Katie, a Target reviewer
A consistent derm (and Jen Aniston) favorite is Aveeno, which might as well be synonymous with sensitive skin relief at this point. Made with the brand's signature triple oat formula, this creamy wash gently cleanses and soothes dry, itchy skin, while imparting a light coconut scent. As one mom sums up, “My son has really sensitive skin that gets itchy and bothersome when he uses any other soap. This body wash was a game-changer for him and keeps him comfortable in all seasons. The day after my son smells GREAT! I'm saying GREAT! Which can be hard for a [fourth]-grade athlete.”
Best Shower Oil
- What We Like: ultra-hydrating, light lather
- What We Don’t Like: strong scent, drying for some skin types
- Scent Notes: sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil
- Standout Review: “I love this stuff soooooo much. My skin gets really dry and itchy in the colder months, but not with this. Plus, I don’t have to apply lotion nearly as much!” — Ashley, an Ulta reviewer
A shower oil may sound odd if you haven’t tried one before, but we assure you it’s a pleasant experience. This one has the most incredible oil-to-milk texture that leaves your skin feeling velvety-smooth. Packed with almond oil, which is rich in omega 6 fatty acids, it’s great for boosting hydration and helping with hyperpigmentation. You’ll also find grapeseed oil, another fatty acid-rich ingredient that can improve the elasticity and softness of your skin. Plus, the shower oil has an addictively sweet scent and can be used for shaving, too.
- What We Like: contains organic ingredients, comes in 100 percent post-consumer recycled plastic packaging and paper
- What We Don’t Like: thin consistency
- Scent Notes: peppermint oil
- Standout Review: “We use it to shower, remove makeup and for general household cleaning. I’ve tried other liquid soaps in the past, but nothing comes close to the quality and cleaning ability of this soap. We buy it by the gallon.” — Nancy, a Target reviewer
The OG natural body wash, Dr. B’s castile soap has been a go-to for ingredient- and budget-conscious families for decades. Made with 90 percent certified organic oils, like peppermint oil, the mixture promises to cleanse, soothe and cool the skin. Buyers say the peppermint scent is bracing in the best way and leaves a tingly freshness on your skin. One shopper even mentioned using this soap for 38 years, stating, “I wouldn’t think of using anything else.”
Best for Mature Skin
- What We Like: contains hyaluronic acid and vitamin B3, great for dry and combination skin
- What We Don’t Like: difficult to lather, not suitable for sensitive skin
- Scent Notes: floral
- Standout Review: “For a woman of almost 50, sometimes my skin gets dry. The moment I put this soap on my [loofah], it started to lather up and [the smell] was unbelievable. It was like being in a garden. My skin was so soft from the very first time I used it. It also made my skin feel very hydrated.” — Christina, a Target reviewer
This moisturizing wash has a label that boasts many of the same powerhouse ingredients that your face cream does. Hyaluronic acid and vitamin B3 work together to nourish parched skin, leaving it soft and silky for hours after you rinse. As one enthusiastic reviewer exclaims, “I can honestly say my skin has never felt or looked better! My skin feels so soft, like brand new baby skin soft! The scent is delightful, it is light, soft and clean.”
- What We Like: creamy formula, exfoliating, great for dry and combination skin
- What We Don’t Like: not suitable for sensitive skin
- Scent Notes: arabica coffee, coconut oil
- Standout Review: “This is probably my favorite body wash that I keep [going] back for after trying others. The smell is yummy, sweet and intoxicating. Coffee and coconut [is] a perfect pair. It suds up so nicely and I loved the added gentle scrub bits.” — JC, a Target reviewer
This TikTok favorite wash has a tropical scent that’s delicious, but not headache-inducing, and it has a thick, creamy consistency that leaves your skin feeling satiny. It's formulated with hydrating coconut oil, which has been shown to reduce dryness, and arabica coffee grounds, the rough texture of which gently buffs away dead cells without being too harsh on your skin. A yummy-smelling body wash and an exfoliator in one for less than $10? Consider us sold.
Sol De Janeiro
- What We Like: thick formula, moisturizing, rinses off easily but scent remains
- What We Don’t Like: small bottle
- Scent Notes: pistachio, almond, heliotrope, jasmine petals, vanilla, salted caramel, sandalwood
- Standout Review: “The shower gel makes my skin so soft and I love the smell. I can smell it on my body until the next day, it’s wonderful!” — Barbara, a Sol De Janeiro reviewer
“The gel is thick and moisturizing, and it lathers nicely and rinses off easily, but let's be clear: This stuff is all about the smell. If you like this fragrance, you're going to love this shower gel,” writes one reviewer—and we co-sign their statement. The scent they speak of features top notes of pistachio and almond, mid notes of heliotrope and jasmine petals, and dry notes of vanilla, salted caramel and sandalwood. Basically, the shower cream-gel is sweet, nutty and tropical, and it lingers on your skin all day. Lest you think it skimps on hydration, it also features a blend of nourishing ingredients, like cupuaçu butter, coconut and açaí oil that melts in quickly and locks in moisture for hours on end.
- What We Like: decadent lather, emollient-heavy, hypoallergenic
- What We Don’t Like: strong scent
- Scent Notes: honey mango
- Standout Review: “This bath and shower gel has a lovely scent (and I’m extremely sensitive to scented items) and lathers well. It goes on easily and pump works well, [too].” — An Amazon reviewer
If a generous lather is what you seek, look no further than this botanical wash. Packed with emollients (like coconut oil and aloe vera), which are known to soothe and hydrate skin, the replenishing formula whisks away the day with a dense and decadent lather. The tropical scent is also of note. “The smell is out of this world. [It] transports me back to the islands on vacay,” writes one reviewer.
- What We Like: dermatologist-approved, great for dry, combination and mature skin
- What We Don’t Like: subtle scent
- Scent Notes: fresh
- Standout Review: “There’s no need for body lotion after using this body wash. I love the feeling of clean skin, and I’m not very into creamy soaps. But this body wash is easy to rinse off while leaving my skin so soft and moisturized with the same clean feeling. I love it.” — Liz, a Walmart reviewer
Right up there with the scent of mom’s home baked cookies is Dove’s body wash, which we have a similar affinity for having used it throughout our childhood. The nostalgic formula features “MicroMoisture” droplets (aka water, minerals and carbon dioxide), which the brand claims can moisturize your skin for up to 24 hours, and many of the 7,000 5-star reviews from Walmart also praise its moisturizing prowess. Though you really can’t go wrong with any of the brand’s scents, we’re partial to the deep moisture formula because, as the name implies, it’s deeply moisturizing on dry skin and the scent is clean—never overpowering.
Best Coconut Scent
21. Native Body Wash
- What We Like: contains naturally derived ingredients, leaves skin soft, rich lather
- What We Don’t Like: finicky pump
- Scent Notes: coconut, vanilla
- Standout Review: “I have used Native products for years and have always been impressed. Their body wash is delightful! It makes me feel thoroughly clean, it’s easy to wash off (no lingering stickiness!) and it leaves me with a subtle scent, [which] is enough to enjoy but so much that it’s overwhelming.” — Patsy, a Target reviewer
This heavenly wash from Native brings a luxurious spa vibe right to the comfort of our homes. While they offer 20 scents in their collection, we gravitate towards their Coconut & Vanilla scent, which shoppers describe as relaxing and not-at-all too strong for delicate nostrils. Plus, the sweet fragrance is mixed with hydrating ingredients (aka citric acid and coconut oil) to gently but thoroughly cleanse your skin without leaving it feeling tight.
- What We Like: rich lather, luxurious bottle
- What We Don’t Like: pricey
- Scent Notes: freesia, English pear, patchouli
- Standout Review: “The body & hand wash is a fabulous product! It’s a little bit of luxury [that] leaves your skin delicately fragranced and super soft!” — Mazzer, a Nordstrom reviewer
Whether you’re looking for a great gift or looking to splurge on yourself, this two-in-one wash by Jo Malone is a solid choice. Reviewers say it smells absolutely divine—and we have fresh, warm notes of freesia, English pear and patchouli to thank for that. The formula also has a rich, foamy lather that feels equally indulgent on your skin. To keep the scent lasting all day long, some reviewers suggest pairing it with the matching body lotion afterwards.
Best for Men
23. Bevel Body Wash
- What We Like: offers a deep cleanse, contains jojoba oil
- What We Don’t Like: difficult to lather
- Scent Notes: dark berries, vanilla, white musk
- Standout Review: “The Dark Cassis is a slam dunk! The way it feels going on [my skin] is amazing. Other body washes feel oily and slick, but this [one] is smooth, more like a lotion and it doesn't take much to get a good lather going but it's the smell [that] my wife interrupted my shower to ask ‘What are you using?’” — Goliday, a Bevel reviewer
Shopping for the man in your life? Consider adding this exfoliating body wash to their routine. It’s formulated with hydrated silica, which aims to exfoliate and brighten the skin, while preventing bumps and ingrown hairs. The formula also has jojoba and argan oil to lock in moisture and soften the skin, as well as charcoal to remove any impurities. And let’s not forget the invigorating scent with notes of dark berries, white musks and vanilla.
Before You Go
What Is the Best Body Wash for Tackling Body Odor?
“This varies depending on an individual’s preference, skin sensitivities and the underlying cause of body odor,” says Dr. Chiu, before sharing four key factors to consider:
- Ingredients: Look for ingredients with antibacterial properties that can kill odor-causing bacteria on your skin. Dr. Chiu recommends tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil and salicylic acid.
- pH Balanced Formulas: “Your skin has a natural pH balance that keeps it healthy. Use a pH balanced-specific body wash that can prevent distortion of this balance and reduce odor,” says Dr. Chiu.
- Sulfate-Free: As Dr. Chui explains, sulfate-free washes can be a game changer to reduce body odor. She adds, “Sulfates can strip skin of natural oils and lead to skin issues and imbalances that can contribute to odor.”
- Clinical/Medical Washes: If you have a strong body odor (and body washes aren’t helping), Dr. Chiu recommends seeing a dermatologist for medical washes that might help the situation.
What Are the Most Popular Scents Out There?
“There are so many exciting scents on the market today. I love that we are really seeing some movement into a nostalgic space, with notes that are overt and authentically designed to help us escape to happy memories. From a favorite dessert to a beach experience to a favorite time in life (yes, the 80’s are back!) you can really find it all these days,” says Lebedev. She continues, “I have personally always loved flowers and fruity notes, so I am happy to see that florals (which have historically played a key role in fragrance) are still going strong today, but with unexpected twists and offered in new combinations to modernize them.”
Does Scented Body Wash Actually Help You Smell Better?
While it might add a camouflaging scent to your skin, it won’t completely eliminate or treat more intense body odors. “Scented body washes mask odors temporarily with fragrances, but they might not address the underlying causes,” says Dr. Chiu. “Proper hygiene, antibacterial ingredients and lifestyle changes, such as dietary changes, are more effective for long-term odor control.”
How Can You Make Your Body Wash Scent Last Longer?
We all hate stepping out of the shower and having our favorite scent dissipate from our skin too soon. Luckily, Dr. Chiu has a few helpful tips to prolong the results. It starts with exfoliating your body first, as this will “allow fragrance molecules to adhere to the skin better.” Then, lather up using warm water and your body wash of choice before gently patting yourself dry (instead of rubbing aggressively) with a towel. Finally, the real key to making your scent last is to layer other forms of the same fragrance like body lotion, oil or perfume on top. Dr. Chui says, “This will lock in the scent and provide a barrier against evaporation.”
Want more beauty tips sent right to your inbox? Subscribe here.