Royal News Roundup: Another Royal Baby, Meghan & Harry’s Trip to NYC and More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of September 23, 2021.
- Last week, Prince William shared a video on Instagram of himself sitting down at a typewriter (yes, you read that correctly) to pen a special forward for the new book Earthshot: How to Save Our Planet. In the video, the Duke of Cambridge gave followers a glimpse into his home office as well as his unique typing style. Turns out, the 39-year-old types with his pointer fingers only.
- We learned recently that Kate Middleton uses a certain phrase with her kids in public to signal when they are acting out. The Duchess of Cambridge urges her children—Prince George, 8, Princess Charlotte, 7, and Prince Louis, 3—to calm down when they act up by telling them, “Let's take a break.”
- This week, it was revealed that Prince Philip's final will and testament will be kept private for a very long time. A decision from the court states that the late Duke of Edinburgh's will shall remain sealed for 90 years in order to protect the monarchy's “dignity.” Judge Andrew McFarlane stated the reasoning behind this decision, saying, “The degree of publicity that publication would be likely to attract would be very extensive and wholly contrary to the aim of maintaining the dignity of the Sovereign.”
So delighted to share the news of the safe arrival of our daughter on Saturday 18th September 2021, at 23.42, at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London.? Princess Beatrice of York (@yorkiebea) September 20, 2021
Thank you to the Midwife team and everyone at the hospital for their wonderful care.
- Princess Beatrice recently welcomed her first child with her husband, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi. On Monday, Buckingham Palace released an official statement, revealing that the 33-year-old royal gave birth to a baby girl over the weekend. The couple announced the exciting news in a message on Twitter, writing, “So delighted to share the news of the safe arrival of our daughter on Saturday 18th September 2021, at 23.42, at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London.”
- Alizée Thevenet made sure she had something borrowed for her wedding to James Middleton. It turns out, the financial analyst dipped into her mother-in-law Carole’s closet when choosing her wedding dress. This week, Thevenet opened up about the process of finding the perfect dress, which featured an off-the-shoulder neckline. According to the newlywed, she immediately fell in love with Carole’s dress when she tried it on.
Prince Harry recently participated in the new documentary, Prince Philip: The Royal Family Remembers, and opened up about what he remembers most about his grandfather and grandmother’s “incredible bond.” Sophie, Countess of Wessex also spoke in the doc and discussed one of her father-in-law’s favorite things: cooking shows.
- Kate Middleton recently visited the newly reopened RAF Air Cadets’ Windermere Training Centre in the lake district of Northern England. During her outing, the 39-year-old royal, who is the Honorary Air Commandant of the Royal Air Force Cadets, accompanied a group of trainees for some rock climbing, hiking and bike riding “to test the outdoor terrain.”
- On Thursday, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have traveled to New York to attend Global Citizen Live from Central Park, which will take place on September 25 on the Great Lawn. However, with a few days to spare, they opted to pay their respects to 9/11 victims at the One World Observatory. For the occasion, the 40-year-old duchess and the 37-year-old prince looked chic in all-black.
- On Wednesday evening, Kate Middleton hosted an event for those who were involved in her Hold Still photography project over the last year and a half, including the National Portrait Gallery, the Book Fairies U.K. and Co-op. For the occasion, the mother of three looked chic in an all-white ensemble.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking Kate Middleton story by subscribing here.