Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Princess Beatrice’s Husband, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
ICYMI: Princess Beatrice is officially a mom!
Yep, Princess Beatrice of York, tenth in line to the throne and fifth eldest grandchild of Queen Elizabeth, officially welcomed her first child with husband and real estate tycoon Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi.
The big news was announced on Monday in a statement on the princess’s official Twitter account. “So delighted to share the news of the safe arrival of our daughter on Saturday 18th September 2021, at 23.42, at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London. Thank you to the Midwife team and everyone at the hospital for their wonderful care,” the message read.
As naturally curious people, we couldn’t help but wonder: Who is this handsome chap who captured the Princess of York’s heart? So, we did some digging.
1. His Nickname Is EdoOn Instagram, Mapelli Mozzi goes by Edo. Short, sweet and even cuter when uttered by someone with a British accent (aka Beatrice).
2. He Was Family Friends with Princess Beatrice First
Mapelli Mozzi’s late stepfather Christopher Shale, who passed away unexpectedly at the Glastonbury Festival in 2011, was close with then-Prime Minister David Cameron. Cameron is a longtime friend of Beatrice’s parents, Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson. Beatrice even attended Shale’s funeral.
3. He’s Kind of RoyalMapelli Mozzi’s father (his mom, Nikki Shale’s, first husband) is Count Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi and he comes from a long line of Italian aristocrats. The younger Mapelli Mozzi is also technically a count, but the title isn’t recognized in the British peerage system.
4. He’s a CEO & Real Estate Mogul
Edo founded Banda Property, a property development and design/architecture firm in London that specializes in high-net-worth projects. So yeah, he’s basically the U.K. version of Chip and Joanna Gaines. Oh, did we mention he’s a millionaire?
5. He’s an Art EnthusiastHe loves an Instagram-worthy art installation as much as the rest of us.
6. He’s a Philanthropist
Mapelli Mozzi’s late stepfather founded the charity Cricket Builds Hope, which aims to promote social change and unification in Rwanda. Now, Mapelli Mozzi carries on Shale’s legacy and is involved in the charity.
7. He Has a 6-Year-Old Son
The real estate tycoon shares a young son named Christopher Woolf (aka Wolfie) with his ex-fiancée, Dara Huang.
Congratulations, you two!
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royals story by subscribing here.