- Earlier this week, King Charles was spotted leaving The London Clinic after undergoing a procedure to treat an enlarged prostate.
- The king showed his gratitude to well-wishers with a surprise statement on social media. It read, “His Majesty is delighted that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness.”
- The monarch announced that the “Big Help Out” event, a national volunteer initiative established by some of Britain’s best-known charities, is returning in the summer of 2024.
- Queen Camilla has become the first royal patron of The Anne Frank Trust UK, a London-based charity. The news was announced ahead of Holocaust Remembrance Day (which took place on January 27).
Royal News Roundup: Another Kate Middleton Health Update, Prince George’s Striking Photos & More
Plus, a photo of King Charles leaving the hospital
Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of February 1, 2024.
- Kensington Palace released a statement revealing that Kate Middleton was released from the hospital after her previously unannounced abdominal surgery.
- The Princess of Wales received a surprise visit from her father-in-law, King Charles, during her stay at The London Clinic.
- Following Princess Catherine’s release, the royal family shared an array of throwback photos of the Princess of Wales, Prince William and their oldest son, Prince George, during a past royal engagement.
- The Danish royal family recently attended a special church service at Aarhus Cathedral. Following the event, Queen Mary and her 16-year-old daughter, Princess Isabella, had a funny little hair mishap.
- Queen Camilla just wore her go-to boots: Russell and Bromley ‘Dressage’ Boots. Sadly, her go-to equestrian-inspired pair ($310) is sold out, but we found plenty of affordable alternatives.
- Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, released a rare statement in honor of their two children, Archie, 4, and Lilibet, 2, following the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee's hearing about online safety for kids.
- In a resurfaced excerpt from his memoir Spare, Prince Harry set the record straight about reports claiming that he once flirted with actress Cameron Diaz.
- In another resurfaced excerpt, the Duke of Sussex revisited the moment when he asked his late grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, for permission to marry his future wife.
- Princess Eugenie made a surprise appearance at the Dior Homme Menswear Fall/Winter show during Paris Fashion Week. She wore a chic all-black ensemble designed by Fendi.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Striking Portraits of Kate Middleton & Prince William Standing Alone for Engagement Announcement Resurface
Queen Camilla Wears Mother-in-Law Queen Elizabeth’s Jewels to Royal Memorial Service
P!nk’s Daughter Willow Debuts Short Buzz Cut (and She Looks Like Her Mom’s Mini-Me)
Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos Recreate Their 1996 Wedding Photo (& Yes, She Wore a $199 Dress)
Princess Diana’s Brother Charles Spencer Finds Old Family Photo from 1909 and Shares it on Instagram
Jennifer Lopez Posts Birthday Tribute to Her Twins on IG (and They’re Growing Up So Fast)