Royal News Roundup: Prince Harry’s Book, Prince William's Book & a Big Royal Birthday
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of July 21, 2021.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle recently announced their second Netflix project—and this time, they're venturing into the children's genre. As part of their multimillion-dollar deal with the streaming platform, Markle is working on a children's animated series called Pearl. The new show will focuses on the adventures of a young girl who discovers her own potential as she meets famous women in history.
- Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi celebrated their first wedding anniversary. One year after their summertime wedding, Mozzi commemorated their milestone with a rare selfie on Instagram. In the pic, the duo are seen smiling in front of some picturesque mountains during what we assume was a romantic hike. Along with the intimate snap, Mozzi wrote a caption that said, “I can’t believe it has been 1 year.”
- Charles Spencer, Princess Diana’s brother, likes to keep us on our toes when it comes to his Instagram account. For those unaware, the earl currently resides at Althorp House, an estate that used to be the Princess of Wales's home. In his latest post, Spencer shared a nighttime shot of Althorp, with a caption that said, “The Stables at @althorphouse tonight, with half a moon overhead.”
Princess Anne is following in the footsteps of Prince William by sharing a rare personal message. Buckingham Palace recently released a never-before-seen video of the Princess Royal, 70, congratulating Team Great Britain ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- In honor of the Camilla Parker Bowles’s 74th birthday on Saturday, Prince William and Kate Middleton shared a special tribute on social media. “Wishing the Duchess of Cornwall a very happy birthday today," the couple captioned a photo of Bowles on Twitter. And they weren’t the only ones who celebrated with the duchess. Queen Elizabeth also marked the occasion by posting a similar photo of her daughter-in-law.
- This week, we learned that Prince Harry is hoping to have his daughter baptized across the pond, so Queen Elizabeth can attend. Per The Daily Mail, during his latest trip to London to attend the unveiling of the Diana statue, the Duke of Sussex made his "intentions clear.” He revealed that he wants the event to take place at Windsor just like Meghan Markle and Harry’s first child, Archie.
Prince Harry has a memoir on the way that’s coming next year. Penguin Random House—the publisher behind the book—announced the exciting news in a press release on Monday. Days later, it was revealed tha the duke “spoke privately” with Queen Elizabeth and the rest of the family about the book’s release. It seems he was simply giving them a heads up so they weren’t blindsided by the news.
- The Duke of Cambridge recently surprised British boxer and Olympian, Lauren Price, for an interview for BBC Sports. The chat took place at William and Kate Middleton's Kensington Palace just days ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. During the interview, the duo chatted about Price’s early boxing career, being a part-time taxi driver and her dreams of becoming an Olympian.
- Queen Elizabeth enjoyed some time away from Windsor Castle over the weekend. The 95-year-old monarch left her residence and escaped to her Sandringham estate in Norfolk. The home is not only special to Her Majesty. Prince Philip spent much of his time at the country home after retiring from official duties in 2017 and leading up to his death earlier this year.
- Earlier this week, Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles celebrated the “10+1” anniversary of the Duke of Cornwall’s Countryside Fund. To mark the special occasion and to launch the fund’s new Confident Rural Communities network, the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall attended a reception at the Duchy of Cornwall Nursery.
- Prince William is contributing to a book of his own. On Wednesday, we learned that the Duke of Cambridge is set to write an exclusive introduction for the book Earthshot: How to Save Our Planet, which coincides with William’s prestigious environmental award program.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royals story by subscribing here.