Admit it: You love chicken nuggets. And why not? They’re one of those beloved comfort foods that’s so wrapped in nostalgia, it immediately brings us back to our childhood. But if you think you can’t enjoy this finger food past the age of ten, we’re here to prove you wrong. Presenting 31 totally fancy chicken nugget recipes—from sticky glazed tenders to boneless wings—to make for dinner (or, you know, whenever a craving hits).
31 Fancy Chicken Nugget Recipes That Prove Finger Foods Aren’t Just for Kids
1. Baked Quinoa Chicken Nuggets
Here, the typical breading gets a sophisticated (and healthy-ish) twist. Bonus: Your kids will love them too.
2. Coconut Chicken Tenders
It’s all about that crispy-sweet coating. We suggest pairing these with a spicy barbecue or Thai chili sauce for dipping.
3. Katsu Bites With Chipotle-gochujang Sauce
Chicken katsu is a Japanese dish of crispy panko-breaded chicken cutlets. Here, we made them bite-size for maximum snackability.
4. Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
This is one dish where a knife and fork are optional (but honey mustard is not).
5. Mini Chicken And Waffles
We found your new favorite party app. It goes without saying that you should serve maple syrup on the side.
6. Spicy Glazed Popcorn Chicken
Once you pop, you just can't stop. Psst: The spicy, sticky glaze is just five store-bought ingredients.
7. Chicken Parmesan Bites
A little sprinkle of cheese (OK, fine, an entire cup of Parmesan) goes a long way.
8. Chicken Kebabs With Garlic Lemon Yogurt
They’re basically chicken nuggets on a stick. What’s not to love? (Don’t get us started on the garlicky yogurt.)
9. Firecracker Chicken With Rice
They’re still *technically* in nugget-form, just served over a bed of rice. Very adult.
10. Almond-crusted Nuggets
Twenty-five minutes is all you need to make these babies, which just so happen to be gluten-free.
11. Chicken Nuggets With Lemon Glaze
We’d put this four-ingredient citrus glaze on just about anything.
12. The Best Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets
The key to the crispiest nuggets of all time? Toasting the breadcrumbs beforehand. (Genius).
13. Coconut Popcorn Chicken With Sweet Thai Chili Lime Sauce
You know what they say: Two sauces are always better than one.
14. Korean Chicken Nuggets
These nuggets are fried in rice flour and cornstarch for the lightest crunch possible, then glazed in a spicy gochujang-honey sauce.
15. Copycat Chick-fil-a Nuggets
These just might be—dare we say?—better than the real thing.
16. Ultra-crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets
These chicken nuggets have a secret: They’re coated in potato chips.
17. Baked Boneless Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings With Spicy Ranch
To us, boneless wings are really just another excuse to eat chicken tenders. (And there’s nothing wrong with that.)
18. Baked Popcorn Chicken With Raspberry Hot Honey
You had us at “raspberry hot honey.”
19. Baked Honey Barbecue Popcorn Chicken
The best part about game day? These lil’ cuties.
20. Chipotle Popcorn Chicken With Honey Mayo
If you like honey mustard, just wait ’til you try honey mayo.
21. Bacon Wrapped Chicken And Jalapeño Bites
Cream cheese, spicy peppers and bacon…yep, you might want to make a double batch.
22. Oven-fried Cajun Popcorn Chicken With Creamy Honey Mustard
These bites are coated in finely crushed cornflakes, which mimic that deep-fried texture we can’t get enough of.
23. Boneless Buffalo Wings
You’ll want extra napkins on hand for these saucy tenders.
24. Ginger Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders
We give you permission to double dip, just this once.
26. Black Pepper Rub Chicken Fingers With Greek Yogurt Ranch
Baked tenders and yogurt dipping sauce? These are practically a salad.
27. Sticky Garlic Chicken And Broccoli
These are twice-baked to ensure a crackly coating.
28. 30-minute Bang-bang Chicken
Three words: sweet chili mayo.
29. Hot Honey Pretzel Chicken Fingers With House Sauce
Pretzels + honey + BBQ sauce + jalapeños? It's like the Take 5 of chicken tenders.
30. Sheet-pan Sticky Pomegranate Chicken And Honey Roasted Squash
Proof that chicken nuggets can be downright gorgeous.
31. Buffalo Cauliflower Nuggets
OK, so these aren’t chicken, but you definitely won’t miss it. (Besides, they’re still nuggets and that’s the most important part.)