Your best friend knows you better than, well, anyone. Over the past few years, she’s the one that's been there for every breakdown about the kids’ latest tantrum and vent sesh about how your partner is driving you nuts. She's always down to cozy up on the couch with you for a wine night and to help you chill after a hectic day at the office. So, as Valentine's Day rapidly approaches, what better time to show her how much you appreciate her friendship than by shopping this list of the best gifts for best friends?
46 Totally Unique Gifts Your Best Friend Will Love, No Matter the Holiday
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
What Are Great Gifts for Best Friends?
A great gift for your best friend will definitely depend on what they’re into. Before making any purchases, you’ll want to consider some of their favorite activities or hobbies, or maybe what they need a little more of in their life.
For example, say your bestie is majorly into entertaining—you can snag them cute flute glasses or chic candles. If they’ve been complaining about needing some serious relaxation time, provide the gift of self-care with a gift certificate for a massage or facial or even some soothing at-home goodies, like a Campo sleep mask set and Eberjay pajamas.
Basically, the key is keeping their personality in mind, then as long as it’s gifted with love, they’re sure to adore it.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Engravement available in-store
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Hard to adjust the size
She’s sentimental, so you know she’ll totally tear up when she unwraps this gold-plated upgrade on the friendship bracelet you gave her back in middle school. You can even have it engraved with a special message or her initials, for an extra special touch.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Highly versatile
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Nonstick may fade after a few months
Whether she likes it or not, she’s always in the kitchen. So you might as well get her something that makes the dinner-making process a little more streamlined. We reviewed the best-selling Always Pan, and it incorporates eight different kitchen items—a fry pan, saute pan, steamer, skillet, saucier, saucepan, non-stick pan, spatula and spoon rest—into one. On top of that, it steams, fries, boils, sears and braises beautifully.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Comfortable and stylish
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Not as soft as other more expensive options
Is your BFF a total fashionista that also loves to lounge? We promise she'll go gaga for this viscose and spandex blend PJ set. According to Nordstrom reviewers, it's so cozy and chic she'll probably never want to take it off.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: They smell incredible
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: They’re a little tough to mix
Who isn't in need of a little TLC after these past few years? Give her the chance to soothe and pamper herself with this set of ten face masks. One side is equipped with rose petal-derived ingredients for masks to help calm irritated skin, while the other comes with charcoal-based masks to help detox and renew her complexion.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Perfect size for a weekend trip
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: It can feel heavy when packed
Your jet-setting BFF probably has a full list of vacay destinations she's going to in the coming months. Luckily, this expandable neoprene duffel bag will come in handy for any upcoming trips she has planned. The interior includes a padded laptop sleeve, a pouch for her phone, a shoe/laundry bag and two side pockets for water bottles.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Affirmations are super sweet and kind
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Not everyone may find them useful
You're her biggest cheerleader. Why not remind her of how incredible she is with this card pack filled with positive daily affirmations? Each morning she can start her day reading one and get in the right mindset to tackle whatever lies ahead throughout the day.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Boasts a ton of good-for-you ingredients
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Expensive
Even if she’s not that into skincare, chances are she’s heard of Vintner’s Daughter. The brand’s best-selling active botanical serum works to smooth and brighten the skin while reversing signs of aging, thanks to a concoction of botanicals and essential oils. Basically, it’s liquid gold in a bottle.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Colors are super fun
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: You only get two
Cheers to however many years of friendship you two share with a glass for her and a glass for you. And with an iridescent shimmer this pretty, she'll probably want to drink her morning coffee out of it, too.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Sleep mask is super comfy
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Essential oil is a tester size
What better gift is there than the gift of a good night's sleep? Every night she'll slip this silk eye mask on, dab on some ZZZ-inducing essential oils and drift right off to dreamland.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Great quality
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Only works with iPhone 8 and higher
Don’t let her phone die before you’re finished FaceTiming about Monday night’s Bachelorette episode ever again. She can prop her phone up as it charges, so her phone’s never on its last legs in the evening.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Well-made
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Retro look may not be everyone’s vibe
She’s been using the same electric kettle to brew her morning cup of green tea since you two were in college, so it’s definitely time for an update. This sleek model from Smeg features a soft-opening lid, auto shut-off when no water is detected and can heat water in less than four minutes. Plus, it’ll look great perched on her kitchen counter.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Fun and creative gift
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Some buyers had to repurchase when the water bottle broke
Let her do her morning yoga in style with a water bottle that'll not only keep her hydrated but will also let her listen to her fave, soothing jams as she downward dogs. Namaste.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: A classy and timeless look
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: A few users reported having issues with the zipper
We all have that one friend who has a rewards card for every coffee shop, nail salon and clothing store she has ever stepped foot in. So, why not elevate the way she carries them all with this Tory Burch wallet? It’s made from genuine leather and has more than enough space to house all of her cash and cards.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Tastes incredible
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: It’s a bit pricey, so it may not warrant use for every meal
This delicious combo of olive oils is made from freshly picked heirloom olives straight from California—and the perf ingredients for her to play around with as she tries out new recipes.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Great for a soothing face massage
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Unclear if it actually helps with anti-aging as advertised
This tiny tool combines heat color light therapy, therapeutic warmth and vibrating massage that's meant to boost the effects of her skincare treatments, help fight against breakouts and leave her with a glowing complexion.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Snug fit
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Some say the color doesn’t arrive as expected
You know she’s been eyeing these modern wrist and ankle weights for months, but she’d never justify buying them for herself when she has a perfectly good (but not so stylish) pair from Amazon already. That’s where you come in. Gift her these so she can rock ’em the next time you do Pilates together.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Super tasty
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Expensive to keep up with
You know she can't begin her morning without a latte. Start her day off right with this pack of Atlas Coffee Club’s World of Coffee sampler, which includes four 1.8-ounce bags of specialty coffee from different countries: Uganda, Nicargua, Peru and India. Just don't forget to apply the coupon to snag 10 percent off.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Easy to use
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Need to remove phone case prior to cleaning
PhoneSoap has a UV light that’s clinically proven to kill 99.99 percent of bacteria and viruses. All she has to do is stick her phone inside the case for ten minutes, and it’ll emerge germ-free. There’s even a USB port if she wants to charge her phone while she waits.
26. Birthdate Candle
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Smells lovely
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Too cute to burn
If she’s always texting you your horoscope and insists that you’re “such an Aries,” your best friend needs a Birthdate Candle in her life. The brand combines astrology, numerology and tarot to create a candle specifically for people born on each day of the year. Select her birthdate, and she’ll get a candle with a unique scent that’s tailored to her with a cute label that describes her personality, her tarot card, her ruling number and her ruling planet.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Ridiculously soft and cozy
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Sizes run big
She’ll live in this cozy pullover all winter thanks to its warm, supersoft fleece material. Free People reviewers say it’s definitely oversize, so you might want to size down if she’s between two.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Ideal for skincare addicts or those interested in testing out new products
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Pricey for the sizes of the products
Fill your favorite skincare guru’s medicine cabinet with best-sellers from Drunk Elephant. Aptly called the Wake-Up Haul Day kit, this set contains sample sizes of the brand's C-Firma Fresh Day serum, Protini peptide cream, Protini Powerpeptide Resurf serum and C-Tango multivitamineEye Cream. When used together, they're supposed to help dull skin look bright and refreshed.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Simplistic and beautiful
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: A bit small for the price
Feeling extra generous this year? Then surprise her with this dainty diamond initial necklace. Made from 18k white gold and featuring a 0.02-carat diamond, she’ll wear this necklace daily—and brag to anyone who’ll listen about what a great friend you are.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Fits really nicely (and there’s a wide range of sizes)
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Maybe a bit too hot to work out in
She’s always shopping lululemon’s ‘We Made Too Much’ section, but you know she’d never splurge on a full-price item from the brand. So you’ll just have to do it for her. Go with the Define jacket. It’s a flattering best-seller she can sport whether she’s headed for a walk around the block or a trip to the grocery store.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Comes with three pots and saucers for the plants
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Some plants aren’t safe for pets
Freshen up her space with the Tough Stuff Collection from Bloomscape, a set of three easy-to-care-for plants: Sansevieria, ZZ Plant and Hoya.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Top quality feel
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Not a ton of sizing options available
The best present in 2023 may just be the gift of a good night’s sleep. And she’s sure to snooze a little better with the help of these 480 thread count, 100 percent long-staple cotton sheets.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Pretty fabric cover
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Some images aren’t perfect quality, but they still look good
If she loves to reminisce about your hilarious high school days, make her one of these custom photo albums that allows you to pick your own layouts, fabric cover and title. The premium fabric binding, gold foil stamping and thick pages are made to last so she can enjoy flipping through it for years to come. And just think how nice it’ll look sitting on her coffee table.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Super relaxing, and actually helped buyers get better sleep
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Some felt it was too heavy
Remind her to make relaxation a priority by gifting her a weighted blanket that’ll reduce her anxiety thanks to its soothing pressure. Unlike most of the not-so-cute options out there, this 15-pound knit style from Bearaby will fit right in with the rest of her stylish living room decor.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: A great follow-up to other Baby Foot products
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: A few buyers didn’t feel that it worked too effectively
If she’s into oddly satisfying beauty treatments or trying to cut back on her bi-weekly pedicure appointments, gift her Baby Foot. After leaving the exfoliating-treatment-filled booties on for 15 minutes, her feet will instantly feel smoother. A few days later, any dead skin will start to peel off, revealing the supersoft soles underneath. Gross? Yes. Super satisfying? Also yes.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Personalized and cute
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Shipping may take a while
Whether you’re shopping for your friend with an impressive hair clip collection or the one who’s taught you everything you know about feminism, you can’t go wrong with this hairpin. She’ll probably stick it in her hair as soon as you give it to her.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Perfect for frequent readers
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Monthly book options aren’t for everyone
Gift this subscription service to your group of girlfriends as a way to start a book club (which is really just an excuse to regularly catch up over wine). Each month you’ll get to choose from five highly anticipated new titles that always include a variety of genres so your club can read something that suits Karen’s love of mysteries one month and Amy’s preference for literary fiction the next. Past boxes have included best-sellers like Ta-Nehisi Coates’ The Water Dancer and Celeste Ng’s Little Fires Everywhere. Once the group agrees on a selection, Book of the Month ships it straight to everyone’s door so no one can use the excuse that they haven’t had time to buy the book yet.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: A creative way to gift your bestie a trip
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Can be pricey depending on how much you opt for
Perfect for the gal that’s always on the go, Getaway cabins are small vacation rental spots located in cities throughout the country. The gist of these trips is to disconnect from busy lifestyles and constant email checks, and it certainly helps that these too-cute cottages come with kitchenettes equipped with cooking gear, in-house bathrooms with hot water and room for a fire pit or a picnic table and chairs.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Pages and covers feel super high quality
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Some reviewers reported finding typos in the book
If she’s obsessed with her birthday (we all know the type), The Birthdate book—aka a personalized 70-page record of all things astrology, birthday and her—is the perfect gift to give her this year. You can even customize the book with her name after placing your order.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Sterling silver and 10-karat gold plated
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Should be kept away from water
A playful take on the classic initial necklace, the 10k-karat gold plated necklace features a dainty chain and a whimsical balloon-inspired letter.
- Biggest Pro from Reviewers: Fun for everyone
- Biggest Con from Reviewers: Need at least two people to play
Best for the pal who is always playing hostess, this super fun trivia game is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Players receive points for knowing obscure fun facts and—get this—you lose points for missing questions about things you should know.
Want to know which buzzy products are *really* worth buying? Sign up for our shopping newsletter to uncover our favorite finds.