You and your boo (ghost pun intended) are basically two of the funniest humans alive, so it only makes sense that you’d go for laughs this Halloween with a funny couples costume. While some are inspired by Halloween movies and others are easy to DIY, these picks will have everyone raving about your look.
70 Funny Couples Costumes to Try This Halloween
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
1. Gomez and Morticia Addams
2. Mr. and Mrs. Claus
3. Santa Claus and an Elf
4. Sherri Ann Cabot and Christy Cummings from Best in Show
5. Lego Couple
6. Justin Timberlake and a Microphone
7. Wilma and Betty from The Flintstones
8. Toy Story
9. Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood from The Great British Bake Off
11. Wesley and Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride
12. Lydia and Beetlejuice
13. Napoleon and Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite
14. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
15. Vecna and Max Mayfield from Stranger Things
16. Avocado Toast
There’s nothing like combining two totally random costumes to create an oddly fitting pair.
Shop similar styles: Avocado Toast Halloween Costume for Adult ($43)
17. Harley Quinn and The Joker
18. Andie and Duckie from Pretty in Pink
The ultimate ’80s duo.
Shop similar styles: Women’s Halter Floral Lace Cocktail Party Dress Hi-Lo (from $40); Curly Copper Wig ($17)
20. Retro Flight Attendant and Pilot
21. Jackson Maine and Ally from A Star Is Born
24. Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf
25. Chanel’s Runway Crasher
26. Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings
27. The Wet Bandits from Home Alone
28. Ursula and Ariel from The Little Mermaid
29. Dorothy and the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz
If Matthew Lewis, aka Neville Longbottom, can still find the joy in playing dress up for a day then so can you. Really, all you need is the hat and the dress, everything else you can probably pull from your closet.
30. Eleven and a Waffle from Stranger Things
31. Frankenstein’s Monster and the Bride of Frankenstein
32. Tonya Harding & Nancy Kerrigan
33. Curious George and The Man with the Yellow Hat
Another childhood classic with lots of characters to choose from. If The Man with the Yellow Hat wasn’t your fave, perhaps Chef Pisghetti, Netti or The Doorman may be better picks for you and your partner.
34. Cat and Scratching Post
35. Each Other
36. Fast Food Mascots
38. Sid and Nancy
39. Darryl and Tina from Bob’s Burgers
Found: The easiest DIY couples costume idea.
Shop similar styles: Women’s Short Sleeve Moisture Wicking Athletic Shirts (from $15); Men’s Packable Lightweight Water-Resistant Puffer Vest ($28); 10” Short Straight Hair Flapper (from $20)
40. COVID-19 Vaccine and “Dr. DILF”
41. Albus Dumbledore and Minerva McGonagall
42. Roach and Exterminator
43. Ken and Barbie
Shop similar styles: City Chic Make Me Blush Belted Coat with Faux Fur Trim (from $189; $42); Retro One Piece Backless Bather Swimsuit ($33)
44. Sonny and Cher
45. Marty Mcfly and Doc Brown from Back to the Future
46. Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears at the AMAs
So. much. denim. Long live this iconic pop culture moment.
Shop similar styles: Men’s Classic Notched 3 Button Distressed Denim Blazer (from $51); AE AirFlex Skinny Jeans ($40); Women’s Sexy Denim Dress One Piece Strapless ($41)
47. Rachel and Ross
The one with costumes inspired by one of our favorite sitcoms. The best part is, you can totally booze it up with this one. The costume practically requires it.
48. Rock Stars
49. The Joker and The Riddler
50. The Avengers
51. Zombie Bride and Groom
52. Georgie and Pennywise from It
If you’re that one couple that goes all out for Halloween, by all means, go to town with the Pennywise costume. If on the other hand, you’d like to spare our dreams, you can totally do an understated version of the sewer-dwelling clown. Either way, you’re going to turn some heads.
53. Khal Drogo and the Mother of Dragons
54. Romy and Michele
55. Dino and Betty Rubble
56. Clarence and Alabama from True Romance
57. Carole Baskin and Joe Exotic from Tiger King
58. Lizzie McGuire (or Isabella) and Paolo
59. Thelma and Louise
60. David Bowie and Freddy Mercury
61. Wayne and Garth from Wayne’s World
Looking for “something extraordinary, something big, something mega, something copious, something capacious, something cajunga”? Then dress up as this unforgettable duo from the ‘90s.
Particularly for couples who have a significant height difference, this outfit idea is an easy crowd pleaser.
Shop similar styles: Collusion Straight Fit Tailored Pants and Blazer Set (
$80; $31); Women's Formal Work Wear White Simple Shirt ($22)