60 Funny Couples Costumes to Try This Halloween
You and your boo (ghost pun intended) are basically two of the funniest humans alive, so it only makes sense that you’d go for laughs this Halloween with a funny couples costume. And honestly, with the pandemic threatening to shut down some of our favorite Halloween activities again, you could use a hearty laugh. While some are inspired by Halloween movies and others are easy to DIY, these picks will have everyone raving about your look.
1. Gomez & Morticia Addams
Break out the black-tie wardrobe.
3. Mr. & Mrs. Claus
It’s never too early to unpack the Christmas decor.
6. LEGO couple
Never grow up.
7. Justin Timberlake & a Microphone
Bonus points for a Top Ramen-inspired wig.
8. Jackson Maine & Ally from 'A Star Is Born'
Start practicing your smoldering stares now.
9. Wilma & Betty from 'The Flintstones'
You can either purchase a new costume or DIY an old dress.
11. Mary Berry & Paul Hollywood from 'The Great British Bake Off'
Baking fails not included.
13. Wesley & Inigo Montoya from 'The Princess Bride'
As you wish.
14. Lydia & Beetlejuice
An iconic duo (in our humble opinion).
15. NAPOLEON & PEDRO FROM 'NAPOLEON DYNAMITE'
Cue the dorky dance moves.
16. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
You can’t go wrong with matching costumes.
17. CRUELLA DE VIL & A DALMATIAN
18. Avocado Toast
There’s nothing like combining two totally random costumes to create an oddly fitting pair.
19. Harley Quinn & The Joker
Shh…don’t tell Batman.
20. Andie & Duckie from 'Pretty in Pink'
The ultimate ’80s duo.
Props to the banana—er, we mean—dog costume.
22. Little red riding hood & a wolf
My, what big claws you have!
23. Janet & Michael Jackson
Delight children everywhere; cue collective groan from parents everywhere.
For people who love nothing more than to sing, dance and hug.
26. 'The Incredibles'
27. Chanel's runway crasher
Pair it with a security guard costume for comedic relief.
28. WILLIE NELSON AND WAYLON JENNINGS
Any excuse to break out the ole guitar is fine by us.
29. Chick & Chick magnet
Bring on the compliments.
30. DAVID S. PUMPKINS & SKELETON(S) FROM 'SNL'
31. BEYONCE AND JAY Z
So many costumes to choose from but start with these “Apesh*t” looks and work your way backwards.
32. French Kiss
Keep a few extra baguettes on hand in case you get hungry.
33. Eleven & a waffle from 'Stranger Things'
35. Tonya Harding & Nancy Kerrigan
Few duos are more iconic than skating rivals Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan. So grab your best pal, your favorite leotard and your highest ponytail. (It’s the ’90s, people.)
36. Flo from Progressive & Jake from State Farm
For premium lovers.
38. Each other
When in doubt, steal each other’s clothes.
39. American Gothic
The only hard part will be keeping a straight face all night.
42. Spartan Cheerleaders from 'SNL'
43. Darryl & Tina From 'Bob's Burgers'
Found: The easiest DIY couples costume idea.
45. Crazy Cat Lady & Her Cat
The purr-fect couples costume (sorry, we had to).
46. Roach and Exterminator
Because no one likes a guest who doesn’t clean up after themselves.
47. Ken and Barbie
An ode to the original power couple.
48. Sonny and Cher
Washboard abs? Not required. A drunken rendition of “I Got You Babe?” Absolutely mandatory.
49. Marty McFly and Doc Brown from ‘Back to the Future’
We don’t have flying cars, but we do have YouTube, where you can get an easy DIY tutorial for these costumes.
50. Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears at the AMAs
Long live this iconic pop culture moment.
51. Rachel and Ross
The one with costumes inspired by one of our favorite sitcoms.
53. Joker and The Riddler
Wreaking havoc on Gotham City…or your backyard.
Good luck getting Spiderman to stay put for a cute pic.
55. Zombie Bride and Groom
You can never go wrong with a spooky classic.
56. Marla Singer and Tyler Darden from ‘Fight Club’
The first rule of Halloween is you nail your character to a T.
57. Khal Drogo and the Mother of Dragons
Full permission to call your person “Moon of my life” all night long.
58. Romy and Michele
Admit it, Halloween is just an excuse to wear these ultra-chic costumes.
59. The Beckhams
You will—hands down—be the poshest couple at the party.
60. Major Nelson and Jeannie from ‘I Dream of Jeannie’
Maybe wish this pandemic away…?