- In an excerpt from Prince Harry’s memoir Spare (courtesy of People), the royal revealed that he purposely drove through the same tunnel where his mother, Princess Diana, died.
- In Netflix’s Harry & Meghan, Prince Harry had the best reaction when Meghan Markle received a text message from Beyoncé.
- In a recent interview, Prince Harry admitted that he wants to make amends with his brother, Prince William, and his father, King Charles.
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex personally gifted reunified and refugee families with presents for the holidays. They shared a photo on the official Archewell Foundation website, featuring wrapped gifts and bags filled with presents.
Royal News Roundup: Prince Harry’s Heartbreaking Confession, Prince George’s Watercolor Painting & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know from the holidays through January 5, 2023.
CASA DE S.M. EL REY / SPANISH ROYAL HOUSEHOLD VIA GETTY IMAGES
- Queen Letizia and King Felipe of Spain shared a glimpse of their 2022 Christmas card. Instead of featuring the entire family, the card included a sweet photo of their daughters: Princess Leonor (17) and Infanta Sofia (15).
- Denmark’s Royal House has made an important (and dramatic) update to its website by removing the royal titles of Prince Joachim’s four children: Nikolai (23), Felix (20), Henrik (13) and Athena (10).
- On a recent episode of Storytime with Fergie and Friends, Sarah Ferguson offered a rare look at her holiday decor and Christmas tree.
- Prince Harry spoke out about King Charles’s coronation and explained “the ball is in their court” to extend an invite.
- Last month, King Charles III made history by giving his first Christmas address since ascending the throne. During the speech, His Royal Majesty paid tribute to his late mother, Queen Elizabeth.
- According to former royal chef Darren McGrady, Queen Elizabeth loved to drink “spicy white wine” during the holiday season.
- An old photo resurfaced of 23-year-old Prince Harry serving on the front lines in Afghanistan with his fellow British troops.
- Another resurfaced picture showed Princess Diana taking 5-year-old Prince William for a pony ride at Sandringham, Norfolk. The pic was taken on New Year’s Day in 1988.
- Last month, Kate Middleton hosted the second annual Royal Carols: Together at Christmas concert at Westminster Abbey. During a conversation with Alfie Boe, the princess revealed that her children are not the biggest fans of her singing voice.
- Prince William and Princess Catherine unveiled a holiday watercolor painting created by their oldest son, Prince George.
- According to data that was gathered by the Court Circular, Princess Anne was the hardest-working member of the royal family in 2022. The royal carried out a whopping 214 engagements, including charity events, award ceremonies, memorials, luncheons and more.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Sarah Ferguson Honors Cancer Prevention Action Week With a Special Message (& Brief Health Update)
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Break Silence on Their Canada Visit in New Interview
Zendaya & Timothée Chalamet Had a Major Twinning Moment at 'Dune: Part 2' Premiere
Royal Family Shares Striking New Photos of Princess Anne
Ayo Edebiri’s Reaction to Meeting Prince William Caught on Camera and It’s Too Relatable (and So Funny)
Prince Harry Plans on Returning to U.K. in Very Near Future