Try as they might, kids can’t survive on nuggets alone. And if your family is vegetarian, good news: Veggie-forward dishes can be colorful and fun, with a mix of so many different fruits, vegetables and textures. Even better, skipping meat is good for the environment, easy on your budget and nutritious. Here are 40 kid-friendly vegetarian meals they won’t just push around on the plate.
40 Kid-Friendly Vegetarian Meals (That They’ll Actually Want to Eat)
2. Grilled Peach And Halloumi Salad With Lemon-pesto Dressing
Once your kids discover the deliciousness of grilled peaches, they’ll never want to eat them any other way. Luckily, this dinner is delicious enough to make on repeat.
10. Portobello And Avocado Quesadillas With Magic Green Sauce
If you ask us, the fewer utensils you need, the better. These are tangy, spicy and sweet (not to mention a breeze to make).
15. Sweet Potato And Black Bean Tacos With Blue Cheese Crema
Save the blue cheese crema for the adults (or serve it on the side as a dip for more adventurous eaters).
21. Mac And Cheese With Crispy Parmesan-phyllo Crust
This is just as kid-friendly as the kind in the blue box, but so much tastier.
29. Mediterranean Stuffed Zucchini Boats With Quinoa
What’s great about this meal, besides the ease of prep, is that you can get the kids in the kitchen to help prepare it. You do the knife work then let your sous chefs assemble.
34. Butternut Squash And Black Bean Enchilada Skillet
Thanks to store-bought enchilada sauce, you can have a tasty, healthy dinner on the table in 30 minutes. Who needs tortillas?
36. Farfalle With Creamy White Bean And Roasted Garlic Sauce
When your kid gets tired of buttered noodles (don’t worry, she will), whip up this creamy number. Psst: It’s actually dairy-free.