The 17 Best Spring Wedding Guest Dresses (Starting at $40)
Spring is here, and with it comes a slew of weddings to attend. And while our wallets may not love the costs associated with all those invites, we love any reason to celebrate (and shop for pretty new dresses).
3 Tips for Choosing the Perfect Wedding Guest Dress
1. Consider Trends (But Don't Feel Beholden to Them)
When it comes to trending dresses for spring 2022, we’re unsurprisingly seeing a ton of bright colors and lots of cut-out details. Still, while it’s fun to jump on trends, it never hurts to opt for a timeless pick like a classic LBD. A great, low-commitment way to try out a trend is by opting for a fun shoe, bag or necklace instead of a dress.
2. Steer Clear of Lengths and Fits You Tend to Not Like (No Matter How Hard You Try)
OK, this sounds self-explanatory, but if you hate high neck dresses on yourself, don’t buy a high neck dress. Just because your favorite influencer looked incredible in the high neck mini dress she wore for her sister’s wedding doesn’t mean you have to get it too.
3. Sometimes, a Practical Choice is the Best Choice
Since you’ll probably wear this dress more than once, you want to grab something that’s relatively comfortable (think wrap dresses or softer fabrics). You’ll also want to gravitate toward shoes that won’t kill your feet before the reception even starts, like a black or nude strappy block heel.
Keeping these tips in mind, check out 17 of the best spring wedding guest dress below.
Best Spring Wedding Guest Dresses at a Glance:
- Best Overall: Lulus Elevated Chic Black Satin Midi Dress
- Best for a Formal Wedding: Reformation Evelyn Dress
- Best Knee-Length Dress: Dress the Population Allesia Tie Waist Dress
- Best Maxi Dress: Lulus Still The One Satin Maxi Dress
- Best for a Beach Wedding: Lulus Love Stays True Maxi Dress
- Best Floral Dress: Reformation Andee Dress
- Best Draped Dress: XSCAPE Wrap Front Scuba Crepe Gown
- Best Cut-Out Option: Lulus Garden Bliss Maxi Dress
- Best Form Fitting Dress: H:ours Hayden Dress
- Best Ruffled Dress: BB Dakota Floral Next Store Mini Dress
- Best Puff-Sleeve Dress: ASTR the Label Puff-Sleeve Midi Dress
- Best Maternity Dress: ASOS Design Maternity Pleated Midi Dress
- Best Amazon Option: Gobles One-Shoulder Midi Cocktail Dress
- Best Strapless Midi Dress: Lulus Love You So Truly Strapless Midi Dress
- Best Halter Dress: Trendyol Halter Neck Wrap Dress
- Best Pastel Dress: Lulus Brighter Side Jacquard Mini Dress
- Best Low Back Dress: Lulus Va Va Voom Backless Midi Dress
A sleek LBD is always a great option, especially when it’s satin. We love the cowl neck and the fact that the simple silhouette of the dress is the perfect base to add a pop of color with our shoes or jewelry if we wanted to.
Size range S to L
Nothing says sleek and chic like a simple black backless dress. Slick your hair into a low bun and finish off the look with some giant statement earrings.
Size range XS to XL