19 Black Tie Wedding Guest Dresses That Are Très Chic
Dressing up for a black tie wedding is a ton of fun. Who doesn’t love grabbing their finest jewels and putting on a lavish, floor length gown for an elegant evening in a stunning venue? And black tie wedding guest dresses are easier to shop for than you might think. We’ve gathered our favorite 19 for you to shop before the big day.
Best Black Tie Wedding Guest Dresses At A Glance
- Best Open Shoulder Gown: Mac Duggal Slit Sleeves Flare Gown
- Best High Neckline Dress: Retrofête Dana Dress
- Best Petite Dress: Anthropologie Silk One-Shoulder Dress
- Best Draped Gown: Theia Jane Satin Gown
- Best Halter Dress: Bardot Amalfi Slip Dress
- Best Mermaid Dress: Lulus Infinite Glory Dress
- Best Long Sleeve Dress: Retrofête Ophelia Dress
- Best Cowl Neck Dress: Shona Joy La Lune Cowl Maxi Dress
- Best Open Back Dress: Solace X Revolve Petch Maxi Dress
- Best Tulle Dress: Lulus Rare Beauty Maxi Dress
- Best Cut Out Dress: Susana Monaco Tube Open Back Dress
- Best Knee-Length Dress: Reformation Buttercup Dress
- Best Jumpsuit: Fame and Partners Tassiah Jumpsuit
- Best LBD: Show Me Your Mumu Jasmine Halter Mini Dress
- Best Plus-Size: ASOS Design Pleated Twist Maxi Dress
- Best Ruffled Dress: Lulus In Love Forever Maxi Dress
- Best Midi Dress: ASOS Design Bardot Midi Dress
- Best High Slit Gown: Katie May So Juicy Gown
- Best Floral Dress: Lulus Love and Beyond Maxi Dress
The luxurious silk material is enough to make you fall in love with this gorgeous gown. The shapely silhouette features some ruching around the hip that falls into a high slit, which is great for extra mobility on the dance floor. Our favorite part? This midi won't fit you like a maxi, because the petite sizing is 41 and a half inches long to hit mid-calf.
This jumpsuit is one of our favorite choices on the list, from the chic puff sleeves and wide leg silhouette to the bronze satin material and off the shoulder neckline, this suit is incredibly stylish. The best part? You can submit your measurements, so the garment is tailored just for your body. Just make sure you order in time because shipping can take four to seven weeks.
Size range custom
Haven’t you heard? Tradition is out the window, because wearing black to a wedding is totally allowed (unless the bride specifically asks you not to). This mini satin LBD has cross neck detail for a sleek and romantic look.
Size range XS to XXL
We will definitely be wearing this dress for more than just weddings. The wrap style and ruffled hems are perfect for summer, but work well into the fall too. Some reviewers note that if you have a larger bust, you may want to opt for a dress with a smidge more coverage.
Size range XS to XL
Believe it or not, you can wear floral prints to black tie weddings. The playful flower embroidery over the sheer chiffon brings a decided level of delicate elegance.
Size range XS to XL