I’m a Fashion Editor, and These Are My 16 Must-Haves from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
It’s the most wonderful time of the year: sale season! At least that’s how I feel, as a fashion editor who shops for a living (and also for fun, in every spare minute I have). Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale is not to be missed, for savings on trendy must-haves and classic wardrobe stapes alike. Here are my 16 picks for the pieces that are editor-approved.
1. Frank & Eileen Joedy Stripe Shirt
Wear it with denim shorts for the rest of summer, then layer it under grey cashmere come fall.
2. Monica Vinader Fiji Skinny Diamond Huggie Hoop Earrings
Diamonds are forever. But these prices are obviously not!
3. Halogen Crewneck Cashmere Sweater
Run, don't walk, to get your hands on this under-$60 cashmere.
4. Celine 53mm Polarized Rectangle Sunglasses
Upgrade your black sunnies with a designer pair that's sleek enough to be worn with anything in your closet.
5. Mother The Insider Two Step Fray Hem Crop Jeans
There's a reason why cropped flares have remained cool for so long: They're ultra-flattering and inherently stylish. Seriously, this black pair from Mother will make even a white T-shirt look dressed up.
6. Jeffrey Campbell Troye Square Toe Bootie
These basic black booties look like a million bucks (it has something to do with that square toe) but won't exceed your $100 budget.
7. Theory Oaklane Glen Plaid Coat
When winter rolls around again, you’ll be so happy to already have this hanging in your closet.
8. Clare Vivier Simple Animal Print Suede Tote
Roomy enough for your laptop, your lunch and your makeup bag. Plus, it comes with a red shoulder strap, for an unexpected pop of color.
9. The North Face Cragmont Fleece Jacket
If you already know your fall aesthetic is going to be "cozy," make sure you have all the necessary gear on hand. Like this fleece jacket from The North Face that will actually keep you warm.
10. Spanx OnCore Mid Thigh Shaper Shorts
Here's a fashion editor's secret: When we find our fave pair of Spanx, we always stock up. Especially when they're on sale.
11. BDG Urban Outfitters Shaker Stitch Cardigan
This sweater only looks vintage (meaning, it doesn't smell like mothballs and you don't have to physically dig through a pile of clothes to find it).
12. Alo Airlift High Waist Leggings
You'll want to wear these leggings for more than just a Zoom workout class; they have a second skin feel that gives your booty a major lift (no squats required).
13. Maggy London Puff Sleeve Pleated Midi Dress
A flirty dress that you can wear to a summer picnic and the big interview—although maybe not in that order.
14. Blondo Helen Waterproof Hiker Boot
Waterproof hiking boots that will have you dreaming of snowstorms...even in the middle of August.
15. Sam Edelman Faux Shearling Moto Jacket
Shearling is the one coat trend that just won't give up. And you know what? That's exactly what we love about this warm, fuzzy winter piece.
16. Tory Burch Classic-T Bracelet Watch, 30mm
It's worth investing in a gold bracelet watch; once you find the one you love, you'll wear it every single day.