- Prince Harry’s highly anticipated memoir, Spare, finally hit bookshelves. It broke the record for the most first-day sales, with 1.43 million copies sold.
- In the book, the Duke of Sussex explained that he wanted Meghan Markle to wear one of Princess Diana’s tiaras for their wedding…but the late Queen Elizabeth II had other plans.
- Prince Harry also addressed his final moments with his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth. He shared that his father, King Charles, told him about the monarch’s declining health and that it had “taken a turn” for the worse.
- Prince Harry even referred to his sister-in-law, Princess Catherine, as “the sister he’d never had and always wanted.”
Royal News Roundup: Prince Harry’s Memoir, Kate Middleton’s Tartan Coat & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of January 12, 2023.
- King Charles visited the Aboyne and Mid Deeside Community Shed to tour the new facility. According to a social media caption, the monarch “joined a group using the workshop for wood and stone carving.”
- After the memoir was released, Prince William and Kate Middleton broke their silence by sharing a photo from their Liverpool visit on their Instagram Story.
- During that same outing, Princess Catherine wore a blue-and-green tartan coat that stole the show. While it’s currently sold out online, we found three similar options.
- The royal family celebrated Princess Catherine’s 41st birthday by sharing a touching tribute on their official Instagram account.
- This week, Princess Anne visited Cyprus to learn more about the Regiment’s work on Operation TOSCA. The royal family shared a slideshow of photos on Instagram.
- In an interview with ITV News anchor Tom Bradby, Prince Harry revealed that “the door is always open” for his British family.
- In another interview, Anderson Cooper asked Prince Harry why he didn’t give up his royal titles when he stepped down.
- After reading the memoir, Roberta Fiorito (co-host of the Royally Obsessed podcast) discussed the key takeaways, from Princess Diana’s death to his grievances with Queen Consort Camilla.
- Podcast co-host Rachel Bowie also addressed the burning question: What's next for the Sussexes after Spare?
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Harry Styles’s Net Worth Is So Massive, No Wonder He Turned Down ‘The Little Mermaid’
‘The Last of Us’ Star Storm Reid Is Giving Us Serious Punk Rocker Vibes in New Instagram Photos
King Charles Shared a Special Letter in Honor of Holocaust Memorial Day
Queen Elizabeth Wrote a Thank-You Note to the Veterinarian Who Tried to Save One of Her Corgis
Hilary Duff’s Chic All-White Look Steals the Show on ‘Live with Kelly and Ryan’
Ina Garten Just Weighed in on Prince Harry’s Tell-All Memoir: ‘It’s So Good’