- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry attended the annual Mountbatten Festival of Music at the Royal Albert Hall on Saturday. From the time of their arrival, the duo’s PDA was on display. In a sweet photo shared to their Instagram, the couple was photographed holding hands as they lovingly gazed into each other's eyes.
- Over the weekend, Markle visited the Robert Clack School in Dagenham and gave a speech in honor of International Women’s Day. After addressing the audience, the duchess spoke to several students about life with Archie. “He’s exactly ten months today and he’s started trying to walk,” she said.
- The Fab Four reunited on Monday in London to celebrate Commonwealth Day at Westminster Abbey. During the event, Her Majesty the Queen (who is head of the Commonwealth) also delivered a speech.
- Before attending the queen’s service with Prince Harry and the rest of the royal gang on Monday, Meghan Markle attended a meeting at Buckingham Palace with the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU). Those in attendance at this final Buckingham Palace event said it was quite emotional.
Royal News Roundup: Meghan Markle’s Emotional Final Engagement, the Fab Four’s Reunion & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of March 12, 2020.
- On Monday, Kate Middleton hosted a dinner gala at Buckingham Palace for the Place2Be organization, which provides emotional support to children with mental health issues from an early age and is celebrating its 25th anniversary. During the event, the duchess revealed that “Happy Birthday” is “one of Louis’s favorite songs,” according to People magazine.
- Prince Charles decided to greet well-wishers and dignitaries in a rather unique way during the Commonwealth Day service. Instead of abiding by royal protocol and shaking hands, the 71-year-old Prince of Wales opted to press his hands together in a prayer position and greet them with “namaste.”
- On Tuesday, we learned that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry held a private gathering at Buckingham Palace in honor of one of their patronages last week. According to royal reporter Omid Scobie, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex hosted a “special conversation at Buckingham Palace with [The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust] young leaders, covering mental health, equal opportunities and the importance of supporting youth leadership for global changes and drive positive change.”
- The same day, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex posted a slideshow of photos on their official Instagram page, which they said were “outtakes” from the filming that took place for the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust (QCT).
MARK CUTHBERT / GETTY IMAGES
Where We’ll See Them Next:
Queen Elizabeth will visit Cheshire on March 19
Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla will embark on a royal tour of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Republic of Cypress and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan from March 17 to March 25.
Queen Elizabeth will visit the London Borough of Camden on March 26.
Shop Kate Middleton-Inspired Fashion:
More Stories You'll Love
Allison Williams Talks the ‘Girls’ Comeback and Her Character’s Iconically Cringe Cover of ‘Stronger’
We Just Learned That Princess Diana’s Family Has Collected This Unusual Item Over 10 Generations
‘Scrubs’ Creator Bill Lawrence Says a Reunion Is ‘Inevitable’
Adele Announces More Dates for Her Las Vegas Residency and Teases Upcoming Concert Film
Sofía Vergara Returns to ‘America’s Got Talent’ Set and Snaps Selfie with Visiting Family Members
Keanu Reeves Says Only One Thing Could Get Him and Sandra Bullock to Do ‘Speed 3’