Back by popular demand…Jennifer Garner’s Pretend Cooking Show! And during her latest edition, the 47-year-old actress expressed her love and passion for figs.
OK, so this one is sans video, pictures only. But we have to say these look like Ina Garten–worthy figs, and we’re totally impressed.
“Swipe and see!” Garner captioned her Instagram post. “Well, it’s official— I could eat figs for every meal. Purple and green, sweet and savory. Practically a perfect food and easy peasy to prepare.” And not only that, she included the step-by-step recipe, so fans and fig lovers alike could try it out. See below.
Roasted Figs with Goat Cheese & Pine Nuts
1. Cut figs in half and remove the stems.
2. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and salt.
3. Roast at 200 degrees for 2 hours.
4. Turn up the oven to 275 degrees for another 30-45 minutes, or until they look caramelized and delicious.
5. Toast some pine nuts in a dry pan.
6. Garnish the figs with the pine nuts, some goat cheese, a little more balsamic and a drizzle of honey.
Seems simple enough.
In the past, we’ve seen Garner whip up chocolate chip bread, fish sticks and even warm apple oatmeal (usually with a side of witty commentary). We shouldn’t be surprised though, since Garner has long had a love for Garten (and cooking) and the two became friends several years ago.
Jen, if you’re reading this, please invite Ina over for a cooking date!