When it comes to eating healthy, it seems like everyone's buzzing about two diets in particular. On one hand, you have the ketogenic (aka keto) diet: a pretty strict regimen that’s all about burning fat and losing weight by following a high-fat, moderate-protein, low-carb diet. On the other hand, you have the Mediterranean diet, which emphasizes filling your plate with healthy whole grains, veggies, beans, low-fat dairy, nuts, fish, lean red meat and olive oil (it’s hardly a diet at all). The two eating plans might sound like they’re totally incompatible, but we can prove that’s not the case with these 23 Mediterranean keto recipes that are low on carbs and packed with flavor.
23 Easy Mediterranean Keto Diet Recipes
Foods You Can Eat On A Mediterranean Keto Diet
- Healthy fats: To fill the keto fat requirement, load up on Mediterranean staples like olive oil, seeds and nuts instead of butter.
- Seafood: Fish and seafood are staples on the Mediterranean diet, and they’re good sources of protein and fat.
- Vegetables: Focus on high-fiber, nutrient veggies like leafy greens and cruciferous veggies (you know, like Brussels sprouts and broccoli).
- Lean meat: While the Mediterranean diet is typically low in red meat, make a keto compromise by choosing lean, lower-fat varieties.
- Dairy: Eat dairy in moderation, and choose options like feta cheese, Greek yogurt and Parmesan.
3. Grilled Swordfish With Mediterranean Cumin Spice Rub
In case you’re wondering, we’re repurposing this spice rub for salmon too.
6. Mediterranean Grilled Zucchini Tomato Feta Boats
Close your eyes and you’re in the Greek Isles.
8. Alison Roman’s Swordfish With Crushed Olives And Oregano
Even seafood skeptics will be won over by this dish. Swordfish is so mild, it almost tastes like chicken.
10. 15-minute Gazpacho With Cucumber, Red Pepper And Basil
With some ripe produce and a blender or food processor, you can make this chilled soup in no time.
14. Bacon-wrapped Black Cod With Spinach And Capers
We’re definitely not complaining about the level of bacon here.
18. Baked Feta With Dill, Caper Berries And Citrus
Baked cheese as your dinner? You better believe it. (Just skip the pita bread to keep it keto.)