Your sunglasses protect your eyes, hide those dark circles on early mornings and help you go incognito when you spot your ex-boyfriend during your pajama coffee run. In short? They're as essential as your morning PSL. But what protects your sunglasses? The best sunglasses case will be strong enough to keep your sunnies safe, slim enough to fit inside your chicest purses and cute enough to pass as an accessory in their own right.
10 Stylish Sunglasses Cases That Will Keep Your Shades Intact...Even If You're a Butterfingers
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
Hard Cases vs. Soft Cases
When choosing a sunglasses case, you have three main options: a hard case, a soft case or a semi-hard case.
- Hard case: The first option, which has a hard outer shell, will provide you with the most durability, ensuring your favorite sunnies will survive being sat on or taking a tumble down the stairs. This makes them a great choice for regular, everyday storage. The downside? These cases aren't always the most portable if you've got a smaller purse.
- Soft cases: Soft cases, on the other hand, are super easy to slip inside a tote or crossbody when you're on-the-go and made of soft material that won't scratch your lenses, but don't offer as much protection.
- Semi-hard cases: Last but not least are semi-hard cases, which offer the best of both worlds with a less bulky exterior than a full-blown hard case but a more protective inner shell than a regular soft case.
We went on a serious search for options that will not only offer much-need protection, but feature sleek designs you'll want to show off as badly as your eyewear. See our favorite stylish sunglasses cases below.
The Best Sunglasses Cases at a Glance
- Most Sophisticated Sunglasses Case: Leatherology Zippered Leather Sunglasses Case
- Best Travel Sunglasses Case: Boshku Sunglasses Case
- Most Stylish Sunglasses Case: Béis The Sunglass Case
- Best Soft Sunglasses Case: Snilety Soft Cat Sunglasses Case
- Best Hardshell Sunglasses Case: Madewell Sunglasses Case
- Best Soft Shell Sunglasses Case: Smythson Panama Concertina Leather Sunglasses Case
- Most Artistic Sunglasses Case: VG Arte Vincent Van Gogh Sunglasses Case
- Best Custom Sunglasses Case: Royce New York Leather Sunglasses Case
- Best Cheap Sunglasses Case: Sojos Hardshell Sunglasses Case
- Best Compact Sunglasses Case: Old Trend Rock Sunglasses Case
1. Leatherology Zippered Leather Sunglasses Case
Most sophisticated sunglasses case
This zippered sunglasses case by Leatherology is a great choice for the sophisticated minimalist. It’s made of full-grain leather and has a structured body to keep your specs safe. Plus, the soft fabric lining will prevent scratches from occurring. Should your specs get dirty, however, it will be no problem, since this case also comes with a dust cloth for cleaning.
2. Boshku Sunglasses Case
Best travel sunglasses case
If you’re a notorious over-packer, this foldable sunglasses case will be your new best friend. It holds up to five pairs of shades in their own separate compartments, ensuring that no two pairs will rub against each other when the case is folded up (so you don’t have to worry about scratches). This organizer is made of vegan leather and has a structured style, but can be hung open on a hanger for easy access when traveling!
3. Béis The Sunglass Case
Most stylish sunglasses case
It doesn’t get more bougie—in the best way ever—than a glasses case with a removable chain that mimics a chic clutch. This soft piece comes in two neutral colors and is made of vegan leather. It also features a magnetic closure and a microfiber lining.
4. Terra Distribution Cat Sunglasses Case
Best soft sunglasses case
Show everyone that you’re a cat person without letting your pet hair do the talking for you with this too-cute sunglasses case. While it’s cheeky print will catch your eye first, the durability is notable as well despite its fuzzy exterior shell. Its tail-shaped handle also make it easy to tote around.
5. Madewell Sunglasses Case
Best hardshell sunglasses case
This hardshell glasses case is made of a durable coated canvas and comes in three pretty prints. It is a little bit chunkier than the other options on this list, but if you’re a big purse kind of person, it could be a great fit. Madewell shoppers vouch for is substantialness, too, noting that despite its superior protection, it's still attractive and useful.
6. Smythson Panama Concertina Leather Sunglasses Case
Best fancy sunglasses case
This luxury Italian-made sunglasses case has an exterior that's crafted with lightweight, flexible and durable calf leather and velvety suede on the interior to give your sunglasses the ultimate protection. It also comes with a magnetic flap to keep lenses in place. It also makes for a great gift with the holidays around the corner, since you can personalize it with up to five characters and an icon, with options for the font, font size, font color and positioning.
7. Vg Arte Vincent Van Gogh Sunglasses Case
Most artistic sunglasses case
Art lovers, this one's for you! Choose from eight cases featuring Vincent Van Gogh’s famous oil painting designs to add the perfect accessory to any ensemble. Its hard shell case is nice and durable and it includes a matching microfiber cloth for easy cleaning.
8. Royce New York Leather Sunglasses Case
Best custom sunglasses case
Royce is known for its high-quality leather accessories, and this sunglasses case is no exception. It has a suede lining to keep your sunnies nice and cozy and uses a snap button closure. New York customers can also have it personalized free of charge at the 59th Street Royce store for a nice custom feel.
9. Sojos Hardshell Sunglasses Case
Best cheap sunglasses case
This pretty leopard sunglasses case could almost double as a clutch to a sunny outdoor wedding or a trip to grab coffee down the street. It features a hard shell and does not use any zippers, buttons or any other type of closure that could damage your glasses. Instead, it has a secure magnetic clasp that's still easy to open and close with one hand when you're driving and reaching for your shades. It also has a velvety lining to keep your lenses scratch-free.
10. Old Trend Leather Rock Sunglasses Case
Best compact sunglasses case
Let the style icon inside you break free with this studded leather sunglasses case. With a soft, pliable design that's also quite compact, it's a great choice to take in the car or on short jaunts to the store. The interior is lined with plush, soft velvet, and it's exterior is hand-crafted, so you know it's built to last.